View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

daba

He cost 19 million, with a further 19 million in potential bonuses. The journalists keep reporting it as a £38 million signing but it definitely wasn’t and if one day he ends up costing us 38 million then he’ll be considered a successful transfer.
If it was Liverpool it’s a £19m transfer

RuudTom83

He cost 19 million, with a further 19 million in potential bonuses. The journalists keep reporting it as a £38 million signing but it definitely wasn’t and if one day he ends up costing us 38 million then he’ll be considered a successful transfer.
I love it, only the other day someone was spewing nonsense quoting Martial's transfer as..."costing 50, 60, 70 million" haha pick a number and stick with it ffs! you can't guesstimate a player's value 20 million apart.

Its harmless really, but it does make you laugh.

CallyRed

Amad just needs to turn up, pass forward and hit a decent cross. The spot is then his

CM

We really need to give him and Mainoo some opportunities in the first team. The established players in their positions are nowhere near the standard.

IrishRedDevil

Is he back soon?

Him and Mainoo need to get into the team soon.

The season is basically done, so these 2 young lads can be the positive light.

dr.twinny

So I’m guessing he’ll be available for selection after the intentional break then.

Dannn411

Under a different manager i'd be excited to see him get chances but this is Ten Hag. At most he will make a sub appearance in the FA cup in January as long as Ten Hag's golden child Antony is around.

Telsim

Another case of a player getting better the longer he isn't playing. Though, I suppose, when you consider what we have available in that position...

Teja

Under a different manager i'd be excited to see him get chances but this is Ten Hag. At most he will make a sub appearance in the FA cup in January as long as Ten Hag's golden child Antony is around.
I don't think it's a golden child thing - He decides on a first XI and sticks to it. In his mind, the divide between the first XI and the second XI is extremely clear. If he believes a certain player is, on current ability, is the best at a position, that's who plays in the first XI. This is somewhat at odds with the patience needed to develop a young player.

You need to give them lots of patience, a run of games and so on for them to have an impact.

dr.twinny

Look forward to seeing him lining up looking suspiciously like Antony.
:lol: Yeah I don't expect to see him the starting line-up right away. But with Antony being awful and Pellestri being more of a sub option, anything can happen.

Red Rash

Another case of a player getting better the longer he isn't playing. Though, I suppose, when you consider what we have available in that position...
Possibly true but I think he is very mature in the way he plays moreso than any of our other wing options including Rashford and Anthony. Definitely the kind of player who makes the right decision more often than not which is something we lack in the final third.

jem

Or people are just getting justifiably excited about a highly-rated prospect who looked the business on loan last season and who has a very real shot of claiming the RW position once he's fit again.

In Rainbows

People aren't even hyping him up all that much. People are just hyping him up to be better than Antony. It's a very low bar that I don't think truly counts as hyping him up the way people usually use the phrase.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Honestly, all this 'hyping' is consistent and in line with the mindset of the United fans at the moment.

It's a state of desperation.

We are expecting the new (partial) owner to come in and change the trajectory of the club within a few months. (won't happen.)

On a micro level, in view of Antony's poor performances, we are so desperate for a performing RW that we have expectations of Amad to come in, after not playing for 4 months to kick on and replace the teacher's pet, Antony immediately.

He won't in my view -- because ETH tends to play with the commodities that he knows and Amad is never going to get up to speed with what ETH wants in such a short space of time. Plus the manager is in dire straits and if a player isn't producing immediately he will be taken off; not an ideal situation for Amad, never mind a young developing player.

The best for Amad is to go back on loan to get playing time and match fitness/sharpness.

Both symptoms/examples are unrealistic, unfair and knee jerkish... basically reeks of desperate times.

Sad days.

Trequarista10

Honestly, all this 'hyping' is consistent and in line with the mindset of the United fans at the moment.

We are expecting the new (partial) owner to come in and change the trajectory of the club within a few months. (won't happen.)

On a micro level, in view of Antony's poor performances, we are so desperate for a performing RW that we have expectations of Amad to come in, after not playing for 4 months to kick on and replace the teacher's pet, Antony immediately.

He won't in my view -- because ETH tends to play with the commodities that he knows and Amad is never going to get up to speed with what ETH wants in such a short space of time. Plus the manager is in dire straits and if a player isn't producing immediately he will be taken off; not an ideal situation for Amad, never mind a young developing player.

The best for Amad is to go back on loan to get playing time and match fitness/sharpness.

Both symptoms/examples are unrealistic, unfair and knee jerkish... basically reeks of desperate times.

Sad days.
Amad was one of the best players in the Championship last season, which is a pretty good sign he's ready to make an impact in a position that is winnable. If anything the hype about him is understated. In comparison to the Mainoo thread, where a much younger, less experienced player is being being overhyped and expected to jump into the most challenging position on the pitch ahead of several first team players and have a transformative impact on the whole team.

mikeyt

No way he displaces Antony regardless of form. ETH won’t have it.

sglowrider

ETH isn't a risk-taker. He will not allow a process of building up Amad's match sharpness/fitness at the risk of getting unfavourable results or dropping his golden child.

Smores

The issue is he's been out a while and it'll take him time to get up to speed. Guarantee he'll look rusty in his first game and we'll have someone come in here and post that he's not up to the task.

He should get a few 10-15 minute cameos where all he has to do is get back up to speed. If he's thrown in for a game or a half he'll end up sidelined because he doesn't instantly perform.

Gordon Godot

ETH isn't a risk-taker. He will not allow a process of building up Amad's match sharpness/fitness at the risk of getting unfavourable results or dropping his golden child.
This along with transfers is the big issue with ETH. No faith in youth, no risks. Just scared now and awful football

Gordon Godot

Sad days.
He doesnt need another loan. Yes it will take some time but he needs to be given time and chances to ease his way back. Antony is woeful. If ETH refuses to drop him by say Xmas then just another reason he needs to go.

sglowrider

He doesnt need another loan. Yes it will take some time but he needs to be given time and chances to ease his way back. Antony is woeful. If ETH refuses to drop him by say Xmas then just another reason he needs to go.
He needs playing time -- 6-8 games just to get back into match sharpness/fitness. He hasnt kicked a ball in 4months.

Where will he get that? ETH isnt some risk taker.

I dont think ETH will afford to give him minutes -- something that is one of my major disappointments with ETH. His unwillingness to help develop youngsters.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
If he plays better than Antony then Ten Hag will drop him. He'd likely have dropped Antony already if he believed he had a better alternative, I wouldn't even be surprised to see Antony dropped for Copenhagen.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
If he plays better than Antony then Ten Hag will drop him. He'd likely have dropped Antony already if he believed he had a better alternative, I wouldn't even be surprised to see Antony dropped for Copenhagen.
Yup. Agreed. Bizarre to claim Antony is undroppable when he was dropped for our biggest game of the last few weeks (vs City)

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
This along with transfers is the big issue with ETH. No faith in youth, no risks. Just scared now and awful football
He's fast tracked Mainoo to the first team, given Garnacho plenty of chances, bought Hojlund as his main striker and given minutes to Pellestri and Mejbri. He's also had Gore with the matchday squad quite regularly. I'm not really sure you can level that at him.

Mwooyo

We need Amad back soo bad and we have people saying he should go out on loan. Half the problem is the fan base because you cant see the state of Anthony and think its Amad who should go out on loan

sglowrider

We need Amad back soo bad and we have people saying he should go out on loan. Half the problem is the fan base because you cant see the state of Anthony and think its Amad who should go out on loan
Err he has kicked a ball since pre-season four months.

When do you think he will get to play significant minutes when ETH is in dire straits? He can't afford todrip him into the squad when he is desperate for results

Dearg hÉireann

Hopefully see him involved with the squad this weekend, it's a pretty good time for him to be coming back as all our attacking players are in shite form so if he gets an opportunity he needs to smash it.

Gordon Godot

Err he has kicked a ball since pre-season four months.

When do you think he will get to play significant minutes when ETH is in dire straits? He can't afford todrip him into the squad when he is desperate for results
I would equally argue at some point he needs to play him when our forwards are in terrible form. Its called having courage and you need it to succeed at a top club

Roosney

Soo every thread on Caf seems to turn into ETH playing his golden boy Antony all the time even he got dropped :annoyed: