Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Not great when he came on, didn't see anything more than what Antony did all game.

Everton and Sheffield United games should be feasible for him to get a start and a chance to prove his worth.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Good defensive work after he gave the ball away in a dangerous position. Similar to Pellistri (without the defending) last season after which EtH didn’t seem to give him minutes anymore.

Irwin99

Not seen enough but at this stage he's becoming what Kagawa was to Moyes, Pereira was to Jose and DvB was to Ole- that player fans swear is brilliant and it's the manager's fault that he's not getting picked.

Glorio

Big Amad fan but that was a poor cameo.
At least he's getting on the pitch now, hopefully he settles and starts showing a bit more.

His claim to fame: I came on and we won

Litch

It is what it is...not judging him on 15 mins cameos in a shit side. Others have been given more time....

Pickle85

Had 20 minutes to make an impact. Didn't do that.
Antony was better, and justified in starting.
Agreed. Antony is not United quality but still shows more than Amad. Classic example of a player where the dream of him when not playing exceeds the reality when he's on the field. Significantly.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Agreed. Antony is not United quality but still shows more than Amad. Classic example of a player that gets better in fans' minds' the less he plays.
I don’t think we need to rush to criticise Amad. He’s a young player, getting bits of minutes here and there, let’s try and have a bit of patience.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
It is what it is...not judging him on 15 mins cameos in a shit side. Others have been given more time....
Why? Scott regularly comes on and has an impact in those sort of minutes and he's constantly labeled not good enough.

UnitedRepublic

He came on in the last 20 when we were only looking for long rangers and then after the goal the game was dead not much to work with regarding Amad today.

UnitedRepublic

Why? Scott regularly comes on and has an impact in those sort of minutes and he's constantly labeled not good enough.
Scott is purely coming on to score goals not to improve our play or anything else you can’t compare them.

Devil81

Needs to do more with his cameos. Feel Pellestri caught the eye more when given his early chances.

Needs to push harder.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Scott is purely coming on to score goals not to improve our play or anything else you can’t compare them.
And Amad isn't coming on to score goals? Also, Amad didn't have an impact in any meaningful sense, so even if you don't compare goals - what am I looking for?

MileStolar

Last time he played competitive football constantly was about 9 months ago. And we've seen what he's capable of and we've also seen that he needs some time to get going as he did at Sunderland.

Unfortunately I don't think he'll get that time here, 15 minutes here and there will just prove doubters right and swallow his confidence.

Shame, I really wanted him to make it ...

RuudTom83

Agreed. Antony is not United quality but still shows more than Amad. Classic example of a player where the dream of him when not playing exceeds the reality when he's on the field. Significantly.
Yeah I agree, I think a few fans are guilty of this, the overreactions in the matchday threads when he isn't in the starting eleven is a bit odd. But after United's god awful season you can't blame fans for hoping he is the next big thing.

But reality is he is 3rd choice RW behind Garnacho and Antony.

Shame his one and only chance tonight came 2 seconds after coming on so he snatched at the shot, but he should get another cameo next game while Hojlund is still out.

UnitedRepublic

And Amad isn't coming on to score goals? Also, Amad didn't have an impact in any meaningful sense, so even if you don't compare goals - what am I looking for?
You’re comparing Scott McT who has countless apperances in United he’s been a starter and we know exactly who he is and what he brings to a boy who had a good season in the championship, been injured half the season and is looking to try to break through and not just that one is basically coming on as a striker/second striker and the other one is coming on as a winger/playmaker. How are you gonna play make when you got Bruno blasting it, Rashford blasting it and Casemiro blasting it every minute.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Didn't do much but can't really say much when given a 20 minute sample.

Almost lost the ball in a costly area, don't think that will help his battle for game time under Ten Hag.

mu4c_20le

Antony never did anything in his sub appearances to justify a start, yet was given one anyway. Why is the criteria for Amad so different all of a sudden?

UnitedRepublic

Antony never did anything in his sub appearances to justify a start, yet was given one anyway. Why is the criteria for Amad so different all of a sudden?
Exactly this Ten Hag is playing a game. I’m giving Forson a start and then I’ll give Amad 10 minutes. Antony a minute just to get the people to say well he gave Amad a chance. I’m going back to starting Antony now.

Don't see it with him, much as we want the youngsters to come good. I think he'll go in the summer.

lex talionis

20 minutes as a sub. Some might argue that that's more than enough time to prove one's worth.

Pickle85

Yeah I agree, I think a few fans are guilty of this, the overreactions in the matchday threads when he isn't in the starting eleven is a bit odd. But after United's god awful season you can't blame fans for hoping he is the next big thing.

But reality is he is 3rd choice RW behind Garnacho and Antony.

Shame his one and only chance tonight came 2 seconds after coming on so he snatched at the shot, but he should get another cameo next game while Hojlund is still out.
Agreed re his position in the pecking order. Would love him to come good for us and I'm sure he'll have a good career at a midtable side elsewhere but he seems to have acquired a fanclub here that sees something that just didn't exist. At least not in the quantity that they wish it did.

foolsgold

Not great, not awful. We need to play him or sell him, I'd start him against Everton and see how he does.

Gandalf

Injured in pre season and barely played. He is never going to get up to speed with brief cameos and it was a monumentally stupid decision to keep him in January instead of letting him leave on loan to a club where he could start games and get the minutes he needs. It was obvious to everyone he would not get the game time needed with us out of two competitions and we will be left with another summer of not having a clue whether he is good enough or not.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I think he deserves a chance to start at some point so he can properly get into the game but that cameo was very average.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
You’re comparing Scott McT who has countless apperances in United he’s been a starter and we know exactly who he is and what he brings to a boy who had a good season in the championship, been injured half the season and is looking to try to break through and not just that one is basically coming on as a striker/second striker and the other one is coming on as a winger/playmaker. How are you gonna play make when you got Bruno blasting it, Rashford blasting it and Casemiro blasting it every minute.
I'm not comparing their styles, they have to find their way to impact the game in their respective positions. Amad can't blame others for his lack of impact.
Antony is obviously ahead of Amad by virtue of Amad being unavailable for half the season. Also, who cares about Antony? I care about what Amad does when he's on the pitch and it's on him to show why he should be ahead of Antony on merit, not because Antony is shit.

MrBest

Was tidy mostly, sloppy on occasions, had a good chance to at least hit the ball but missed it. I felt sorry for him, entered a game with most our players doimg nothing. Not a winger for me, I think is more suited to play on the middle and yes, it's time Bruno is at least substituted. It's just a shame we do not have another right winger. We spent over 170m in that position in the last 3 or 4 years with nothing to show for it. Amad is obviously going to get heat because his fee could be 40m and plays there.

The issues don't fall with the player, they fall with the manager who has built a spineless and clueless team. No one looks like they know what they are doing, including Amad today.

El Zoido

Injured in pre season and barely played. He is never going to get up to speed with brief cameos and it was a monumentally stupid decision to keep him in January instead of letting him leave on loan to a club where he could start games and get the minutes he needs. It was obvious to everyone he would not get the game time needed with us out of two competitions and we will be left with another summer of not having a clue whether he is good enough or not.
It wouldn’t hurt to start him, he hasn’t looked out of his depth in the brief times he’s played. It’s really hard to take a player who’s been injured for months and then expect them to “take their chance” in 20 minute cameos in a team that’s already playing like shit. Probably don’t start him against City but otherwise, let the lad play.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I'm very confused by what people expect?

He looks a half decent prospect, and he's getting a few cameo's here and there ala other equivalent players over the years.

Seen nothing yet, deserves more chances as and when.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I'm very confused by what people expect?

He looks a half decent prospect, and he's getting a few cameo's here and there ala other equivalent players over the years.

Seen nothing yet, deserves more chances as and when.
Basically people's logic seems to be because Antony isn't good, he should have had more chances, which I have some sympathy for. That also seems to mean he should just be handed a run of starts, even though he's not done anything in his cameos to warrant it.

Dominos

Not seen enough but at this stage he's becoming what Kagawa was to Moyes, Pereira was to Jose and DvB was to Ole- that player fans swear is brilliant and it's the manager's fault that he's not getting picked.
He's literally not started a game this season :lol: the last time he played football was last season for Sunderland where he was excellent.

Need I remind you Hojlund was being called shit on here a couple of months ago, and he turned it around very quickly.

He's just come back from injury and not played any football in about 9 months, has 3 short sub appearances and fans are getting on his back.

Antony has actually played significant amount of minutes and can't score or assist to save his life. If Amad had been given equivalent minutes and not scored or assisted then you would actually have a point. That's ignoring the fact Antony is 3 years older than Amad. He should be given a run of starts because there's no way he can be less effective than Antony who never poses any threat to the opposition. If he doesn't have an impact then, at least we know where he's at and can make a better informed decision about his future. Giving him a short sub appearance once a month is not going to allow him to develop as a player. Really he should have gone on loan in Jan, but once you decide to keep him you have to give him minutes ahead of proven wasters like Antony who has had endless opportunities over the last 18 months.

Well, sometimes he comes on and makes an impact, and sometimes he comes on and he's shit. No player comes on and makes an impact every time. Mctominay is an experienced player at his peak at 27 and we've watched him start endless games for the last 7 years, so people's opinions on Mctominay are not based on short sub appearances.

Amad is a young player who's not played any football in 9 months who has been given 3 short sub appearances and that's it.

Reactions: Fortitude

Dominos

Basically people's logic seems to be because Antony isn't good, he should have had more chances, which I have some sympathy for. That also seems to mean he should just be handed a run of starts, even though he's not done anything in his cameos to warrant it.
Well, with Hojlund out injured there's only 2 options isn't there? Antony or Amad are going to have to start.

The problem is, we know Antony is almost guaranteed to be useless every time he starts because he's a much more experienced player at 24 and has had endless chances over the last 18 months and poses absolutely no threat to the opposition whenever he's on the pitch.

Amad at least has the potential to improve as a player and hasn't been given the opportunities that Antony has.

So yes he should be handed a run of starts, because it will be more beneficial for us to try let a young talent develop as a player rather than start Antony when he never does anything.

If ETH didn't think he was good enough to ever start, he should have loaned him out.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Well, with Hojlund out injured there's only 2 options isn't there? Antony or Amad are going to have to start.

The problem is, we know Antony is almost guaranteed to be useless every time he starts because he's a much more experienced player at 24 and has had endless chances over the last 18 months and poses absolutely no threat to the opposition whenever he's on the pitch.

Amad at least has the potential to improve as a player and hasn't been given the opportunities that Antony has.

So yes he should be handed a run of starts, because it will be more beneficial for us to try let a young talent develop as a player rather than start Antony when he never does anything.

If ETH didn't think he was good enough to ever start, he should have loaned him out.
Forson got in ahead of him and Antony against Fulham, so it's not as simple as that.

Antony was OK today and the manager is obviously going to favour someone fit and also someone who's performed for them in the past. Amad hasn't posed any sort of threat when he's come on though. Garnacho in a similar position has grabbed his opportunity.

He has to earn the opportunity though and as I said earlier in the thread, Everton and Sheffield United should be his target. ETH obviously thinks he could be good enough to start, but Amad is the one that has to convince him.

Dominos

Forson got in ahead of him and Antony against Fulham, so it's not as simple as that.

Antony was OK today and the manager is obviously going to favour someone fit and also someone who's performed for them in the past. Amad hasn't posed any sort of threat when he's come on though. Garnacho in a similar position has grabbed his opportunity.

He has to earn the opportunity though and as I said earlier in the thread, Everton and Sheffield United should be his target. ETH obviously thinks he could be good enough to start, but Amad is the one that has to convince him.
If Amad is behind Forson in the pecking order, it's even more stupid that Amad wasn't sent on loan. Another example of how incompetent our manager is.

Antony was exactly what he always is, an attacking player who cannot threaten to opposition. It's just beyond pointless.

Again, I don't know how you can think it's fair to say Amad doesn't do anything when he's had 3 short sub appearances after not playing for 9 months. If the only time we'd ever see Antony play was 3 short sub appearances, I'd be defending him too, because it wouldn't be fair.

Irwin99

He's literally not started a game this season :lol: the last time he played football was last season for Sunderland where he was excellent.
Amad is a young player who's not played any football in 9 months who has been given 3 short sub appearances and that's it.
I'm not making any comment on the lad's quality what i'm saying is that people made this assumption on players like Andreas Perieira, Kagawa ("free Shinji") and Donny VdB that the team will magically transform with them in it and that it's all the fault of the managers etc., when we don't actually see what's going on in training day in, day out. Maybe he's just not showing it in training, maybe the manager worries about his physicality in the league. I really don't think it's as simple as EtH just being blind to his quality, the same way as it was with those other players i mentioned for the different managers.