View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Bertie Wooster

The goal itself seemed impossible with the angle and using his left foot - it could not have been more perfect.
I know, right? The pass from Garnacho wasn't quite right, needed to be in front of Amad for him to run onto. Instead took him wide on his weeker foot. The strike isn't the cleanest, either, but couldn't have placed it any better.

Also, that first yellow was harsh. They need to clamp down on free kicks and throw ins being taken miles away from where they ought to be.
Amad is a mainly left footed player. He didn't score it with his weaker foot - he wouldn't have wanted to go so wide, but would have wanted to strike it with his stronger left.

RuudTom83

Just what he needed. With young players they need those game changing moments just to keep them in the managers plans.

Pellestri always tried when he was on the pitch, but he never really grabbed the chance.

Garnacho had his moments like the winner against Fulham (last season) and used those to keep his place.

didz

He got that from Mowbray and Sunderland. He wasn't very physical when at Rangers and at the start of his stint at Roker.
Mowbray was just great with Amad, helping him through a slow start and then building his team around the partnership between him and Roberts. I'd love it if we chuck him some talent at Birmingham next season.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I used to post quotes from the Sunderland fans from their forum on here. They absolutely loved the guy and like many fans wrote him off at the start for being too weak.

A couple months later and there were posts about how he's the best player they've seen play for Sunderland :lol:

luke511

He's pretty versatile. We have Garnacho, Hojlund, Antony and Rashford currently for 4 spots. He'll get more than enough games if he comes back (rotating with Hojlund / Garnacho).

No point relying on Amad, Antony, Sancho or Pellistri for various reasons.
No point relying on Amad? What are the various reasons?

Teja

No point relying on Amad? What are the various reasons?
Does it really need elaboration?

Antony is crap, Sancho is an idiot (hopefully both leave this summer), Pellistri isn't going to be around and Amad isn't good enough to be a rotation option yet.

luke511

Antony is crap, Sancho is an idiot (hopefully both leave this summer), Pellistri isn't going to be around and Amad isn't good enough to be a rotation option yet.
No point relying on Amad.. When he’s just scored the winner vs Liverpool and won MOTM. That does need elaboration. He’s obviously good enough to a rotation option at the very least.

Yagami

Good post resistant
There's "no excuse" for not playing a young inexperienced player who was in the championship last season and was injured for most of this season? Come on mate, we can't have a sensible discussion about this if hyperbole like that is involved.
I think you've misunderstood me. I'm not saying there's no excuse for him not playing in general. Like I said, I may disagree, but I got why the likes of Rashford, Bruno, Garnacho, Antony, etc, were keeping him out of the team. I was only referring to the period where Forson was ahead of him in the pecking order.

The reasons given at the time didn't, and still don't, make sense to me. We know Amad is a better player at this moment in time, but, even leaving that aside, the supposed pros of Forson being ahead in the pecking order weren't valid in the first place. Some said it was because Amad doesn't work hard - he does. Some said it was because Amad wasn't impressing in training, which was the most valid argument, but we now know he was thanks to ten Hag praising his performances in training. Or, like you say here:

As for Forson, he's generally come on to play more centrally, so it's not a direct comparison between the two. But Forson has worked hard and played well, and has earned his minutes.
Amad is a central player. He always drifts inside when on the right, and has played plenty of games as a 10. The best part about his Sunderland stint was his link up play with Patrick Roberts as they would interchange as the 10 and RW with beautiful plays (alongside Hume at FB).

I don't think I'd agree that Forson played well and earned his minutes, myself. Nothing against the lad but he was just out of his depth. You mention his assist to Mainoo, and whilst I'm not turning my nose up at it, it was pretty basic. All in all, he just didn't show enough to me.

Regarding coasting at Sunderland, I've only really seen the highlights and my comment about him coasting is going by comments from Sunderland fans, but I'm willing to accept I'm not an authority about that. But in the Forest cameo he had, praise from ETH or not, the winning goal for Forest came from Amad giving the ball away with a sloppy pass, and he made next to no effort to get back. The likes of Garnacho (since his transformation) and Antony, and even Amad of his last few appearances, would have been busting a gut to get back.

Going forward, I think that Amad will definitely be getting more minutes, just like he was preferred today, as his recent performances have been good and he's shown the level of work rate required. If he's mysteriously dropped until the end of the season then I'll agree with you, but at the moment he's being rewarded for his performances with opportunities.
All that is fair! I've said before but, last season, if he messed up in possession, he sometimes threw a tantrum instead of tracking back, but it wasn't often. No excuses for that, but, in general, he did work very hard out of possession so the Forest bit didn't concern me that much. I forget who it was against, but, in one of our more recent games, he lost the ball but this time hounded the opposition back and won back possession for us.

Teja

No point relying on Amad.. When he’s just scored the winner vs Liverpool and won MOTM. That does need elaboration. He’s obviously good enough to a rotation option at the very least.
He's played like 15 minutes of football over the whole season man, just chill with the emotions because he scored the winner. My baseline expectation is another loan for him (hopefully to some newly promoted PL club) and then decide keep / sell.

We want him to have similar influence during his loan as guys like Gallagher and Broja.

Remember the geese

He's played like 15 minutes of football over the whole season man, just chill with the emotions because he scored the winner. My baseline expectation is another loan for him (hopefully to some newly promoted PL club) and then decide keep / sell.

We want him to have similar influence during his loan as guys like Gallagher and Broja.
feck sticking him on loan again and feck selling him. This kid is a quality talent. You don't appear to understand that.

luke511

Your reasoning makes no sense.

city-puma

He's always been class in my opinion, just his frames a bit light but I think he's just one of those players that can keep the ball for days and pick the right option.

Strange we aren't really playing him more. But he has been injured.
Fodan has small frame. It’s not a problem really.

spiriticon

There's definitely a place in the team for Amad.

Garnacho is the only other winger in the team with a nailed down spot.

luke511

Fodan has small frame. It’s not a problem really.
As is Bernardo Silva’s. I think they’re both very similar players. RW/offensive CM, left footed, both very accurate passers whilst attempting creative passes in the final third, with very good close control when dribbling.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Watching the replay on youtube now and when he comes on the commentators don't even say his name. They'll remember his name now dopey bastards.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yep, if you've got a low centre of gravity and a bit of wiry strength, there's no issue being on the smallish side. Obviously a team can't have too many players like that so the skill requirement is a little higher, but Amad seems to have that skill level.
Messi being the best example of that type of build

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Thought he was meant to be lacking pace. Looked very quick when he put the head down and chased after Garnacho for the goal
Definitely not slow, but he's not blitzing with his pace. He does have very good acceleration, though, which is helpful.

Uniquim

Scoring the winner against Liverpool, then walking off was such a boss move.
Also, that's not an easy goal to score. Hoping he gets more minutes going forward.

thepolice123

Still had a lot to do after receiving the pass. Garnacho failed to draw the defender away and passed the ball too early. Thank feck he managed to squeeze the ball in.

Thought he was very passive on the ball before the goal but he worked hard for the team. There was one instance he covered great distance to nick the ball away from Mac Allister as Liverpool were countering.

AndyMUFC

On rewatch he's even more MOTM. Stopped that counter attack from Liverpool with his tracking back which saved the game, won the ball back for the equaliser in extra time and then obviously got the winner.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

What?

He stayed here to prove his worth in Jan and he's been given minimal minutes to do that, yet with those minutes has probably contributed to the team, with our best result and biggest moment of our season. Why the feck does he need to prove he can do it at Crystal Palace or Southampton?!

iHicksy

Sorry but you're talking absolute nonsense. What he did at Sunderland was far more impressive than anything Gallagher or Broja have done. I gurantee if you had put Gallagher or Broja in that sunderland team they sure as feck wouldn't have carried it and been called the best loan signing the club has had in their entire history (which is the general consensus between all sunderland fans) - also in a lot of respects the championship is a much tougher league than the prem and there's a lot less protection. We didn't need to send out Mainoo or Garnacho on loan for 2 years when the talent is there for all to see and we don't need to send our Amad again either.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I think we've got some wingers in the U18s who can become better than any of the prospects in the first team, bar Garnacho maybe. Not worried if Amad, Pellistri and Forson all move on really.
Sack this guy, bring Giggseh in til the end of the season.

RedIan

Amad is def good enough, i watched him a lot playing for Sunderland. Head and shoulders their best player. I suggest you go watch some footage.

Glorio

I think he looks more one to utilise against the more technical teams as he's so tiny and slim, the bigger defenders may just muscle him off the ball

I hope his goal gives ETH enough faith in him to give him more opportunities

Whether he makes it here or not he can always look back at that goal, a late winner against our biggest rivals

Bookings for removing shirts should only apply if there's an offensive message on a shirt underneath, just add the time it takes to put it back on (minimal in his case) on as stoppage time, he was so caught up in the delight of scoring the winner, let him have his moment

Did he get to come back onto the pitch for the applause from the fans at the end? (My Liverpool supporting OH had turned it off in disgust :D
Played in the Championship and took the big defenders there to school on the regular