View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Gordon S

His qualities were not clear enough for Erik in his last few cameos? One of the best players on the pitch after he came on against Liverpool but nah, he is stuck on the bench.
He wants players on the pitch that doesn`t give the ball away for fun? Then play Amad you clueless dutch bastard.

LARulz

Think he was unlucky with the double centre back injury. Rashford hopefully won't be picked above him next time

luke511

Amad won us the game v Liverpool in the FA Cup and can't even be repaid with a few minutes today. Ten Hag's a weirdo.

PoTMS

He would've scored that last chance Antony had in the final minute.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Really shouldn’t be going on loan again at 21 but I think we might need to next season. Certainly not down to ability, in my mind, just constant game time.

*The new manager will invariably have the players who are currently ahead of him in the pecking order to consider, as well as any new wide signings we make.

* This is all predicated on us getting rid of ten Hag, if he’s still here we may as well cash in on Amad now

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I'm sure he was over the moon seeing Amrabat coming on for Garnacho.

Idxomer

He should find a new club for his sake.

People in Manchester United don't appreciate the type of player he is.

jem

Amad comes on against Liverpool with an amazing cameo, showing so many of the traits we’ve lacked in our other attackers; doesn’t play in the following 3 games (admittedly his own fault for the first one) and we secure 2 points out of a possible nine. I know his presence, or lack thereof, can’t be the only reason but I can’t help but think he would’ve helped.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I love this management of his character, he was superb against Liverpool but needs to keep his head cool so he gets treated with zero minutes in the next two games he’s available for. He needs to be treated with necessary toughness or else he will be spoiled.

Red Rash

To some extent I understand him not being brought on today. That being said there is absolutely no reason he doesn't get minutes against Bournemouth.

E-mal

He is not getting enough time because he is a proper footballer on the ball and unfortunately we are not a footballing team. So ETH needs players capable of individual moment rather than a team better than the sum of its parts

RuudTom83

He is clearly seen as a RW by the manager.

Garnacho’s double against Chelsea, and a good performance by Antony pretty much explains the choices made today against Liverpool.

Garnacho
Antony
Amad

In that order. Simple

(edit) thanks @Walters_19_MuFc

Last edited:

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I'm sure he was over the moon seeing Amrabat coming on for Garnacho.
To be fair, that was actually a good proactive decision from Ten Hag to try and do something about the midfield everyone was complaining about. I think he should have come on for Hojlund, but understand why he was left on.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
To be fair, that was actually a good proactive decision from Ten Hag to try and do something about the midfield everyone was complaining about. I think he should have come on for Hojlund, but understand why he was left on.
I think it was the same mistake within a few days. Garnacho wasn't running on empty and was our most dangerous attacker. And to sub on Amrabat for the one player who could stretch them I thought was asking for trouble.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Real shame not to see him today. I think we'd have won the game if we'd subbed him on for Casemiro, but even the conservative option of subbing him on for Hojlund could have helped I think as we needed more energy and pace up front to replace what we lost when Rashford and Garnacho came off.

Matt851

Typical ten hag man management. He only threw him on against Liverpool out of desperation

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Real shame not to see him today. I think we'd have won the game if we'd subbed him on for Casemiro, but even the conservative option of subbing him on for Hojlund could have helped I think as we needed more energy and pace up front to replace what we lost when Rashford and Garnacho came off.
This would have been the attacking move. Rasmus to Amad. I can understand trying to shore up the team with a lead at home against a better team but with Amad we would have created more

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
To some extent I understand him not being brought on today. That being said there is absolutely no reason he doesn't get minutes against Bournemouth.
Agree. Today Erik started with the squad he believes is experienced (Rah, rah, rah, Rashford has a lot of experience playing against Liverpool. Nevermind that these experiences include losing 7-0 and 5-0), and the subs were clearly about keeping a point, we were not trying to win after 2-2. But there is no excuse why Amad didnt start against other teams, there is no excuse if he doesnt play significant minutes in the upcoming games. Kid has had very few minutes and still has been brilliant. He deserves a chance!

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Agree. Today Erik started with the squad he believes is experienced (Rah, rah, rah, Rashford has a lot of experience playing against Liverpool?
nevermind that these experiences include losing 7-0 and 5-0
), and the subs were clearly about keeping a point, we were not trying to win after 2-2. But there is no excuse why Amad didnt start against other teams, there is no excuse if he doesnt play significant minutes in the upcoming games. Kid has had very few minutes and still has been brilliant. He deserves a chance!
Rashford has scored 7 goals against Liverpool. I would struggle to name many other strikers with a better record.

The Substitute

This thread is confusing. Why would Amad come on today and who for?
Really? Obviously for either wingers. The fanbase questions why Antony is ahead of Amad, and rightly so.

It's also now a systematic weakness to ETHs game, removing all counter attacking threats to Safeguard a winning position, which has subsequently failed.

There are obvious favoritism of players which makes us worse than we have to be.

Please don't pick players due to merits a year ago, or to prove the worth of 85 million pounds instead of picking the best players here and now.

lex talionis

Each one of us readily acknowledges that Erik ten Hag knows a lot more about managing a professional football club than all of us caftards put together, but his decision to freeze Amad out of any meaningful action during his tenure at Old Trafford while Rashford and Antony constantly disgrace the shirt is hard to defend. When Amad has played, he has performed well. No, he's no Messi but he's a clear upgrade on Antony, who was brought on yesterday and didn't do much of anything.

OverratedOpinion

Really? Obviously for either wingers. The fanbase questions why Antony is ahead of Amad, and rightly so.

It's also now a systematic weakness to ETHs game, removing all counter attacking threats to Safeguard a winning position, which has subsequently failed.

There are obvious favoritism of players which makes us worse than we have to be.

Please don't pick players due to merits a year ago, or to prove the worth of 85 million pounds instead of picking the best players here and now.
Antony's last game against Chelsea was better or as good as any performance Amad has ever offered for us and Garnacho is our main goal threat. If Amad came on it would have been fine, it's also not an issue that he didn't.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Antony's last game against Chelsea was better or as good as any performance Amad has ever offered for us and Garnacho is our main goal threat. If Amad came on it would have been fine, it's also not an issue that he didn't.
Antony's previous 20 games have been dogshit. What's your point?

People are annoyed because we have a top rated youngster that literally doesn't get a single kick when it matters, then miraculously wins us the game against Liverpool in Extra time, and then doesn't get a single fecking minute after said performance. Just because Antony had 1 good game out of his past 30 doesn't excuse that. Logic would indicate that maybe Amad deserves even a third of the opportunities that Antony has gotten to even show how he can function.

luke511

He could've come on for Bruno, as well as either winger. He excels at keeping hold of possession, whilst Bruno can be very wasteful, so could be better suited when we're hanging on towards the end.

Gordon S

He could have replaced Casemiro who doesn`t really add much either direction currently.
Amrabat could have played a bit deeper instead and Amad, Bruno, Mount could connect further up the pitch.
Amad is really good in possession and could help us keep the ball up higher, for longer. Think he could connect well with Bruno, just likes Kobbie does.
Just to let us get a breather from defending all the time.
Personally not a fan of just stacking the team with defensively stronger players towards the end, instead of trying to be positive and keep a forward momentum.