5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Raven

:lol:

I just come in here to see grown men making straw men and weeping over a few minutes football. Awesome!
It's not about a few minutes, it's about the weird treatment of one of our most talented young players.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I think it's reasonable to assume that 12 weeks being in first team training means you're ready to play. So I disagree
Well you're not seeing him train or even have any clue about his fitness or injury timeline other than what the club has shared. As in you don’t have a clue. Letting Amad jump past Forson as soon as he was back is bad management on a personal level. Maybe they were also afraid he’d break down again if they rushed him back? Nobody knows, so what’s the point in guessing and getting worked up over hypotheticals?

Last edited:

Valencia Shin Crosses

Well you're not seeing him train or even have any clue about his fitness or injury timeline other than what the club has shared. As in you don’t have a clue. Letting Amad jump past Forson as soon as he was back is bad management on a personal level. Maybe they were also afraid he’d break down again if they rushed him back? Nobody knows, so what’s the point in guessing and getting worked up over hypotheticals?
You're the one that was speaking about training? Amad was literally subbed on against Forest in December. He got sick for a week after but he's basically been available since that Forest game. We are now in April. You're waffling about Amad "jumping past" a player that didn't have a single senior minute until a little over a month ago, it's not "bad management". Is it also "bad management" to have Mason Mount jump past Dan Gore as soon as he was back too?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
You're the one that was speaking about training? Amad was literally subbed on against Forest in December. He got sick for a week after but he's basically been available since that Forest game. We are now in April. You're waffling about Amad "jumping past" a player that didn't have a single senior minute until a little over a month ago, it's not "bad management". Is it also "bad management" to have Mason Mount jump past Dan Gore as soon as he was back too?
Gore hasn’t played for the first team all season has he? Did Amrabat jump past him too when he was signed? Also mount was back in training according the club since January and what a coincidence he’s only getting sub minutes a few months later and this is a quality established PL player on massive wages with the #7 shirt. It’s not some conspiracy.

dutchred

I would love to have a midfield of Kobbie, Amad and Mason next season. Many here will say that then we have no defensive midfielder. But I think the three are so energetic and intelligent to cover each other that this could work. But and a big but it will only work if we had 2 dynamic, athletic and quick center halves. A filly fit Martinez is one and Willy is too inexperienced to be the other. He can play the occasioanl game and fall in as much as possible. Toledo would be a not too expensive choice

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Because Amad is a full senior who was Sunderland's best player last season and a far bigger talent than Forson to begin with.
That doesn't mean a great deal if you're then injured for half a season. Forson didn't collect cereal box tokens, he got his chance based on training hard and being available.
Because he got minutes over someone who's shown more at a senior level? This isn't me saying Forson is shite for the record, just that I'd expect someone who's got not a single minute at the top level to show why he might be doing so over another player who's already shown potential at the same level. We don't have to white knight for every player, maybe he'll come good maybe he won't. But up to now he's not been in the same bracket of high rated youth prospects as players like Garnacho/Mainoo/Amad/Lacey etc that are/were coming through before so it's not like everyone was waiting for his big debut to finally come. And I don't even think it's some huge put down to say he "looked lost", in fact that's pretty much what I'd expect from most first time senior players that hadn't kicked a ball at that level.
Fine if you meant it like that, I apologise. Just felt like an unnecessary jab at him.

Raven

That doesn't mean a great deal if you're then injured for half a season. Forson didn't collect cereal box tokens, he got his chance based on training hard and being available.

Fine if you meant it like that, I apologise. Just felt like an unnecessary jab at him.
It means that he's far more likely to impact the game. It's totally irrelevant that Forson has been available all season when he got his chance at a time when Amad was also available.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
It means that he's far more likely to impact the game. It's totally irrelevant that Forson has been available all season when he got his chance at a time when Amad was also available.
It obviously isn't irrelevant and Amad was coming back from a long layoff with a knee injury when Forson got his minutes. I don't think you're willing to entertain it being anything other than an afront to Amad, but fair enough.

Raven

It obviously isn't irrelevant and Amad was coming back from a long layoff with a knee injury when Forson got his minutes. I don't think you're willing to entertain it being anything other than an afront to Amad, but fair enough.
That's been debunked already, try again.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Dan Gore has been on loan since Jan and has been injured since his first appearance for Port Vale. It's not a terribly good comparison all in all.

lex talionis

Christ I forgot about Forson, who has looked lost every time he's stepped onto the pitch so far for us. It's fine, Amad will get 10 minutes some time soon and not do anything and then people will say "See, that's why he hasn't been getting minutes".
Like most others here, I was excited to see Forson get his chance. It turned out to be way too early for him, which happens, but on the few occasions when Amad was given a chance, he’s taken them well. He deserves more games.

OverratedOpinion

"Decent loan spell"

Tells me all I need to know I guess
I'm not sure what you need to know. He was nearly as good for Sunderland as the former Spurs youth player who is playing out wide for them this season. Scored some lovely goals but was a but hit or Miss in his overall play according to a lot of Sunderland fans when I checked their forums at the time.

It was a decent loan spell considering the level it was.

criticalanalysis

I'm not sure what you need to know. He was nearly as good for Sunderland as the former Spurs youth player who is playing out wide for them this season. Scored some lovely goals but was a but hit or Miss in his overall play according to a lot of Sunderland fans when I checked their forums at the time.

It was a decent loan spell considering the level it was.
That might have been true initially but you should check again. They absolutely love him.

He won PFA Fans' Player of the Year and it's not just popularity list when you look at who won:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PFA_Fans'_Player_of_the_Year

Wonder if you will admit he had more than a 'decent' loan spell now?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Either he’s not good in training or ETH just doesn’t like him as a footballer. Hopefully he proves himself under the next manager.

I’ve generally not felt he’s been done a grave injustice but after winning us a classic FA cup tie for the ages, you’d think hed get some reward in terms of match time.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Dan Gore has been on loan since Jan and has been injured since his first appearance for Port Vale. It's not a terribly good comparison all in all.
I'm well aware we loaned out Gore, the point was that it's not "bad management" to have more experienced players play after returning from injury over youth players that had yet to even make a senior debut. Could have said the same for Lindelof or someone over Kambwala before his debut.

Valencia Shin Crosses

That might have been true initially but you should check again. They absolutely love him.

He won PFA Fans' Player of the Year and it's not just popularity list when you look at who won:

Nah he won't, because he also shit on my opinion that Amad has good potential to be developed as an 8 that operates in the half spaces (a la Bernardo) instead of just a pure winger. Apparently too much terminology for him, just wants to say he's "decent" without going into further detail.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Either he’s not good in training or ETH just doesn’t like him as a footballer. Hopefully he proves himself under the next manager.

I’ve generally not felt he’s been done a grave injustice but after winning us a classic FA cup tie for the ages, you’d think hed get some reward in terms of match time.
It's more so the blocking of any sort of loan move, then refusal to give minutes, then further refusal after he takes the one half decent opportunity he was given by the scruff of the neck. Screams incompetent management to me when you consider how dire we've been this year and I can't really come up with what might be a decent explanation when I add it all up. It would make much more sense if we were challenging for the league with a locked in rotation of attackers firing on all cylinders, or had a host of talent especially at that RW spot. But in reality the best RW we have is a natural LW :lol:

OverratedOpinion

I'd still say it was decent. I can say "quite good" if you like. A big part of the reason I frame it that way is that it's a huge step up from being a good Championship player to making a difference at the top end of the prem.

It can definitely happen and has historically. It's just not enough to make it a "sackable offence" for a manager not to play the lad.

lost7

I'd still say it was decent. I can say "quite good" if you like. A big part of the reason I frame it that way is that it's a huge step up from being a good Championship player to making a difference at the top end of the prem.

It can definitely happen and has historically. It's just not enough to make it a "sackable offence" for a manager not to play the lad.
Nah what's a sackable offence is playing like shyte the whole season - Ten Hag should go and it has nothing to do with Amad

OverratedOpinion

Nah what's a sackable offence is playing like shyte the whole season - Ten Hag should go and it has nothing to do with Amad
Yes absolutely, please don't consider this any sort of defence of Ten Hag. I just felt people were talking like we had Messi in 2005 on the bench when I'm just not seeing it.

criticalanalysis

Whatever way you want to frame it, playing Forson, a youth player with zero experience over Amad, who was back in training for months and had a 'decent' full season of English football under his belt was very questionable.

To be fair to ETH, if the reports of Forson's contract situation is true, I wouldn't be surprised if he was 'influenced' to make that choice.

OverratedOpinion

Whatever way you want to frame it, playing Forson, a youth player with zero experience over Amad, who was back in training for months and had a 'decent' full season of English football under his belt was very questionable.

To be fair to ETH, if the reports of Forson's contract situation is true, I wouldn't be surprised if he was 'influenced' to make that choice.
You're arguing against points that haven't been made.

I'd take Amad over Forsen from what I've seen of the two. Forsen did not play against Liverpool.

Bournemouth 2:2 Man Utd New

jem

He needs to play more - looks far more composed and effective than the likes of Rashford and Antony (I even think an argument could be made for starting him over Garnacho from time to time.)

Thought we looked instantly better and more balanced the second he came on. Probably also due to Garnacho being absolutely horrendous.
Similar happens with Antony, now Rashford and Garnacho might be more dangerous players but we lose all balance and control with the two of them coupled with our chaotic tactics and other careless players on the team.

Pughnichi

Amazing what different people see. Hammering him for being useless when he swung a boot through and sliced it.

I see a player that is technically sound, is always moving to give his team mates an option but most importantly…his decision making (when the pass isn’t on) to recycle the ball and keep possession. much better than seeing Bruno just hoof one of his Hollywood passes over the top.

Amad should be starting.

Raven

We looked miles better when he came on. Probably won't see him play for us again this season now.

lost7

He gave us a spark for a second where we were actually holding onto the ball. Then turned to shit like everyone else

Bobski

Very Antony like in enabling Utd to keep possession and progress the play, but like Antony he probably lacks the physical edge to be a penetrative winger at PL level.

Glorio

Initially he was on the periphery, then I saw EtH having a right go at him, next thing he starts drifting central, and for a moment, ran the show and helped us knit the attack together.

youngrell

Drifted in and out of the game but when he was in it he was very good, linked up nicely and kept possession well.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

It is a relief when you see him on the ball as you know he's far less likely to get tackled than any of our other attackers.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He’s a player I’d love to see in the team with Mainoo. Might take a few years to really see the potential realised but could be something special.

Red-17

We saw flashes of competent football between him, Mainoo and Bruno for a short spell but the manager seems allergic to any scenario that gives us the requisite control to get those players on the ball regularly. There’s a player here in Amad, but he will be wasted playing in our current set up.

luke511

He’s a player I’d love to see in the team with Mainoo. Might take a few years to really see the potential realised but could be something special.
Would love to see Mainoo on the centre midfield right side linking up with him, with a player like Neves to the left and a Rodri/Carrick style player in behind. It would be transformative.