g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Ancelotti Sacked

AXVnee7

We certainly haven't seen any top managing from him in over a year.
If that's the case I think the timing of the sacking is a bit strange. Bayern are usually very efficient with these types of things so be interesting to see what your plan is going forward.

izec

Surprising decision, still far too early to sack him, imagine Moyes with them, he would be sacked in September/October too
Crazy. What happened to Bayern's famed long-term perspective?
Not there anymore. They are also changing their manager and style depending on who is available in the market. They have lost their way a bit recently

mu4c_20le

Seems a bit mad, they are only three points off the top in the league. I mean the caf were calling for his head after the drubbing but didn't expect it to actually happen.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Crazy. What happened to Bayern's famed long-term perspective?
What happened to it? Pep left by his own will, we looked for the next best available manager, got him, didn't work out. Next.
At this stage there is really not much of a different solution. Ancelotti has lost all hold within the club, players and board.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Doesn't really seem particularly sensible to sack a manager a couple of games into the season. Makes you wonder what on earth has been going on behind the scenes.

notcool

Supports
a
While true I'm pretty sure most Bayern fans would agree that the level of play has deteriorated significantly since Carlo took over. It's not just about this season or results. I've watched most games and IMO it's been a massive drop.
But I thought Pep was only good because of having all the best players? It seems like, amazingly, tactics and training methods do have some sort of effect.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Palace are in need of anyone with a brain.
Too late. Also, probably not a good enough club for him.

With the current glut of Managerial talent in the PL, West Ham would be great for him.
If they could entice him, he'd be a great appointment. They'd probably allow him to smoke around the training area too. But could he endure the dysfunctional board?

notcool

Supports
a
Could have had a better start to their Bundesliga season and they were dismantled really by PSG, but realistically are they going to improve in the short-term under Sagnol as interim coach? Who are they going to be able to get now as a permanent appointment? There are no top managers without jobs and none are going to resign now 2 months in to the season IMO.
They'll get Nagelsmann. Think about it: doesn't his name sound really good? Say it with me now. Nagelsmann. Nagelsmann.

Sunspear17

Supports
Chelsea
Is Heynecks 100% retired or would he come back for until season end? Brilliant manager.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Hmmm...

Season 1 honours:
Pep: Bundesliga | German Cup
Carlo: Bundesliga | German Super Cup

Season 2... well we're 6 games in, Ancelotti is just 3 points off top spot so?

The real feck up at Bayern was getting rid of a treble winner in order to bring in Guardiola.
Heynckes retired didn't he?
Regardless it's not like he had much left in the tank and Pep's stock was at an all time high .

iKnowNothing

So who now would replace Carlo? Who would the Bayern fans prefer?

Posted this in two different threads, not sure which one's the right one for this post.

RedChip

What happened to it? Pep left by his own will, we looked for the next best available manager, got him, didn't work out. Next.
At this stage there is really not much of a different solution. Ancelotti has lost all hold within the club, players and board.
Don't know the ins and outs, admittedly. But from the outside, it does seem a little premature, given the guy's pedigree. You reckon he wouldn't have been able to retrieve the situation?

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Ridiculous decision. Every top club needs to win every game and competition they're in it seems nowadays...

Moonred

I would blame their smart ass entitled transfer policy and people sitting at the top thinking they are smarter than the rest of the world more than Ancelotti.

peridigm

They'll get Nagelsmann. Think about it: doesn't his name sound really good? Say it with me now. Nagelsmann. Nagelsmann.
Honestly, I'm having trouble pronouncing it. Drop the s and you have a winner.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Don't know the ins and outs, admittedly. But from the outside, it does seem a little premature, given the guy's pedigree. You reckon he wouldn't have been able to retrieve the situation?
We're on a downward slope pretty much since the beginning of his stay, but initially he at least seemed to handle the players really well. Now it's all but obvious that large parts of the team are discontent with his coaching and his squad selection, and the latter goes for the fans as well. On the pitch there's stagnation or regress in all departments, especially our defending has gone to shit, and not due to individual errors or shortcomings, but due to lack of concept.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
We're 9 games into the season and Bayern are a team that doesn't need to be peaking until March. It's not like they'll have a great immediate substitute either so I don't get this, they should give him until the end of the season to turn things around.

Zoo

Hmmm...

Season 1 honours:
Pep: Bundesliga | German Cup
Carlo: Bundesliga | German Super Cup

Season 2... well we're 6 games in, Ancelotti is just 3 points off top spot so?

The real feck up at Bayern was getting rid of a treble winner in order to bring in Guardiola.
What this guy said.

friend

The Arsenal board and Wenger should have a serious discussion with Ancelotti regarding next season. Obviously depends if he'd even be interested in the Arsenal job but it seems like a good opportunity for Arsenal to me and they obviously don't need to announce anything this early in the season.

itso 7

3 points off the top and 1 loss that too to PSG and they go ahead and sack him within a day.

Almost Real Madrid-like.
This is how clubs should behave at this level imo, there is no point in allowing the rot to spread any further like we did with Moyes and LVG believing things will turn out for the better with seasons worth millions of pounds being written off. Much as we criticize Madrid for rush decisions their trophy cabinet says it works!

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Pep didn't wn much with Bayern, but they were more dangerous and disciplined team with him IMO.
I'm not scared of the current Bayern team and I think we could beat them over 2 legs, however I wouldn't like to face Pep's Bayern.
Pep had younger, better players at his disposal. Lahm was a huge player for him and a huge loss now

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
People who call this rash or hysterical management have no clue imho.

Once you realize it doesn't work out it's only sensible to make a cut and start over into another direction.
People call Bayern moronic to sack him when he's only three points away from the top of the league, I call it smarter than waiting for Ancelotti to drop out of the title race and the domestic cup (match in Leipzig coming up for them) before sacking him.
The results weren't good, the style was deteriorating and he seemed to have lost the dressing room as well. What kind of miracle should they have waited for?

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
People who call this rash or hysterical management have no clue imho.

Once you realize it doesn't work out it's only sensible to make a cut and start over into another direction.
People call Bayern moronic to sack him when he's only three points away from the top of the league, I call it smarter than waiting for Ancelotti to drop out of the title race and the domestic cup (match in Leipzig coming up for them) before sacking him.
The results weren't good, the style was deteriorating and he seemed to have lost the dressing room as well. What kind of miracle should they have waited for?
Yeah, that's how I feel as well.

R'hllor

I know this is modern age and seems boards can feck up as much as they want, not a single head would roll in their case but getting really sick and tired of this "players arent happy with X manager methods" bullshit. Cant wait for the moment when player power peaks and everything goes to shit, maybe then things might reset and managers become alphas again.

Foxbatt

PSG stuffed Neymar and Messi and et al in Paris last year and yet Barca did not sack their manager. Yes Barca's win in Nou Camp was a travesty but losing 4-0 to PSG is no shame without their best keeper. But Bayern has an aging squad. Now they will raid Dortmund again.