Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Shocking isn't it? If he does really become one here, he should look to leave at the end of the season. He's too good a player to be a squad player here.
Don't say that! You're overrating him!!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
A shame. One of the few players who looks to take risks with his passing, isn't afraid to get stuck in and has a goal in him from midfield and he's just a squad player. Should be starting.

Gannicus

Shocking isn't it? If he does really become one here, he should look to leave at the end of the season. He's too good a player to be a squad player here.
Agreed. Shocking management by Louis to drop the midfielder, play another midfielder out of position and play a striker out of position...all in the service of grim performances.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
I wouldn't be too shocked if this guys returns to Spain in a year or two. It really wouldn't surprise me.

ZDwyr

I'd like to see him get a start sometime soon, don't think he has a claim on being a starter though. Form is hugely exaggerated by many.

thejtrain

I know you're being sarcastic but he is over rating him if he thinks he's too good to be a squad player.
He's our best CM. There's nothing overrating about him in saying he's better than the rest of our options. What could be overrating is saying he's one of the best in the league already.

Deleted member 78215

Our best central midfielder should be a squad player?
He's not our best CM - that'd be Carrick, followed by Blind - at least based on this season's evidence. That being said, I'd rather have him in CM than Rooney

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It's Manchester United, technically they are all squad players. He's better being here than some shit side.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Only Blind has been better this season, and even then, semantics but he's a holding midfielder. He's not his competition.

thejtrain

It's Manchester United, technically they are all squad players. He's better being here than some shit side.
That's exactly how it can't be argued. Our current midfield state isn't what you often see or want to see at United. He should be starting more games than he is really. I'm pretty sure he'd rather be a starter in a "lesser" side than warm the bench here.

Skills

Snitch
Whoever pushed/approved for his signing should be sacked. What a complete waste of money.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
Only Blind has been better this season, and even then, semantics but he's a holding midfielder. He's not his competition.
Really? I don't like Rooney in midfield but he's had a better season than Herrera so far and he's played midfield for the most part. Fellaini has probably been just as good too imo. Di Maria has been better than him when played in midfield too.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Our best central midfielder should be a squad player?
I took it more to mean that he thinks Ander Herrera should be a guaranteed starter for you regardless of competition.

I agree he should be first choice at the minute but long term he should really only be a squad player, that's all he'd be at every other top club.

Kazi

As soon as LvG realises that you need to play midfielders in midfield to have a well-balance and well-oiled midfield, he'll be starting again. But Fellaini is ahead of him in the pecking order right now, and rightfully so. Having said that, was harsh to drop Herrera after the cup game. He wasn't at his best in that game but it warranted another start.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I took it more to mean that he thinks Ander Herrera should be a guaranteed starter for you regardless of competition.

I agree he should be first choice at the minute but long term he should really only be a squad player, that's all he'd be at every other top club.
Based on few games you saw him at United?

izec

if Herrera would play, Mata would be a squad player or Falcao. He is just not the player van Gaal wants in a midfield, Rooney fits better at the moment. At the latest when Strootman arrives, he will be on the bench for most games.

thejtrain

Really? I don't like Rooney in midfield but he's had a better season than Herrera so far and he's played midfield for the most part. Fellaini has probably been just as good too imo. Di Maria has been better than him when played in midfield too.
It's easy to say Rooney's been better than Herrera there on the whole, but that's mostly b/c of the mins he got there. Others, just no. Herrera has simply been a level above the rest in the limited time he got there.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
if Herrera would play, Mata would be a squad player or Falcao. He is just not the player van Gaal wants in a midfield, Rooney fits better at the moment. At the latest when Strootman arrives, he will be on the bench for most games.
He actually doesn't.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
It's easy to say Rooney's been better than Herrera there on the whole, but that's mostly b/c of the mins he got there. Others, just no. Herrera has simply been a level above the rest in the limited time he got there.
I disagree, I don't think he's been a level above anyone tbh. I actually think he's been poor in as many games as he's been good.

Brophs

The One and Only
Interesting how people dismissed his absences earlier in the season as being down to injury. It seems pretty obvious to me that LVG doesn't rate him, or at least he wants something different in there.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
And you missed those games when he was dominating against Barca's and Real Madrid's top midfields?
No, I didn't miss them. I just don't think playing well against a few big sides (dominating is an exaggeration) should outweigh his patchy form for a few straight seasons, especially when he played further back in midfield. He was benched in spells at Athletic Club so I find it baffling to expect him to be more than a squad player at your club.

Cassidy

Interesting how people dismissed his absences earlier in the season as being down to injury. It seems pretty obvious to me that LVG doesn't rate him, or at least he wants something different in there.
Yeah I think that much is obvious now, but I still find it baffling, there seemed to be a lot of promise in his performances.

Skills

Snitch
Then why did he buy him? We massively overpaid for him anyway - which is somewhat acceptable if he really wanted/needed him. But he's basically paid 30m for a squad player now. It's worse than the Fellaini signing.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Been obvious for a while. Only now that so many caftards are turning on Van Gaal is it being recognised. The cognitive dissonance was too much before Xmas.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
No, I didn't miss them. I just don't think playing well against a few big sides (dominating is an exaggeration) should outweigh his patchy form for a few straight seasons, especially when he played further back in midfield. He was benched in spells at Athletic Club so I find it baffling to expect him to be more than a squad player at your club.
Well, he was regulary playing good against top sides, so there is obviously very good midfielder there. Also, he is 25.

Water Melon

Ander Herrera is a much better midfielder than Wayne will ever be, just like Wayne is a striker that Ander will never be. No need to try fitting square pegs in round holes, especially when you have square and round ones of both.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
In this team he'd be a better fit in midfield than Rooney. If LVG doesn't rate Rooney as the main striker, he needs to take him out the midfield because he's not very good there, and we have a box to box all rounder like Herrera missing out again.

Q.P.R. 0:2 Man Utd

Brophs

The One and Only
Then why did he buy him? We massively overpaid for him anyway - which is somewhat acceptable if he really wanted/needed him. But he's basically paid 30m for a squad player now. It's worse than the Fellaini signing.
No idea. Earlier in the season I made the point that I couldn't really understand the fact we seemed to be using the scouting of a manager we deemed to be not good enough.

Cassidy

No idea. Earlier in the season I made the point that I couldn't really understand the fact we seemed to be using the scouting of a manager we deemed to be not good enough.
He was a target prior to Moyes

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Really surprised that Fellaini and Herrera havent been getting some more starts after our recent poor performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.