6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NessunDorma

Our best player on the day I thought. Some nice touches and a great goal. Hopefully he can stay injury free and avoid jail from here on in.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
ah yes, Chelsea should now be our template in all things. We don't have a Matic-style player, never mind trying to map Herrera to Fabregas.
i haven't claimed we should try to emulate Chelsea in all things football, simply that this idea that you must be either a dedicated DM to AM as something unique to our club/fans. I was excited when we bought Herrera because I saw him as a proper #8, a rounded, box to box, technical CM. I don't think we are seeing that from him thus far this season.

izec

Who would have thought he would score that many goals, at least that is a quality we have been lacking from midfield. Needs to reduce his sloppy passes

Raw

Fantastic shot but didn't really play that well today. Though as usual, he steps it up when Mata's on the field :D

Eugenius

Very good touches in the first half, very good goal in the second, then lost the ball a lot.

Still, think we need him playing as much as possible, he speeds up the tempo in midfield and links well with our best attackers.

Jagga7

Our play is a lot better with him in the team,he's excellent at finding spaces and then passing and moving. He also brings a goal threat from midfield. However I agree with some comments that he is sloppy at times, he needs to keep his concentration.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
He has the talent, needs to be stronger on the ball to play the box-to-box/creative role in English football.

Last edited:

Ash_G

Like most the others today his passing wasn't up to scratch but thought he had more decent moments than others on the ball. I'd like to see him in the team going forward, think he just adds a lot with him comfort picking up the ball accross the pitch and movement. But I think it's hard to see where he'll fit in as looks like he needs to displace Rooney from the team, particularly with ADM back.

Devil may care

Really nice goal but his passing and touch were pretty sloppy most of the time and he didn't win much in the 50/50 challenges.

itso 7

No chance.

Scored a good goal but otherwise he was thoroughly average. Invisible for most of the first half, he came into it a bit towards the end as did most of the team, as Yeovil started to tire, but that isn't a good enough standard.

I would like to see Herrera operating a bit deeper, he plays too much like a #10 and we have a team overloaded with attackers already, but that is up to LVG
Yeah we need him playing deeper but only if he cuts out the sloppiness that is prevailing in his game.

saivet

There seems to be this bizarre division between DM and AM at our club, either you have to be a Carrick or a Mata - what happened to just being a good old central midfielder? Look at Fabregas at Chelsea, he normally plays deep alongside Matic. That is the role I would like to see Herrera in, alongside Carrick or Blind.
Yeah, I've found that a bit off too

jem

Our best player on the day I thought. Some nice touches and a great goal. Hopefully he can stay injury free and avoid jail from here on in.
Great goal, but I thought he was disappointing otherwise. He switched off a number of times, and played some very loose passes, the kind for which more clinical opponents would make us pay.

Kag

There seems to be this bizarre division between DM and AM at our club, either you have to be a Carrick or a Mata - what happened to just being a good old central midfielder? Look at Fabregas at Chelsea, he normally plays deep alongside Matic. That is the role I would like to see Herrera in, alongside Carrick or Blind.
Indeed.

Cina

I thought he was one of our least shit players.

Still a bit shit, just, not as shit as the others, so that's good, right?

jem

Side note: how in the hell did he get a booking for that celebration? One of their players held one of ours in a bear-hug for like 3 seconds (can't remember which one of our players it was) and the ref didn't bother carding him (Owen made a point of saying that it was a shocking decision,) but Herrera gets a yellow for celebrating with the travelling support?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
No chance.

Scored a good goal but otherwise he was thoroughly average. Invisible for most of the first half, he came into it a bit towards the end as did most of the team, as Yeovil started to tire, but that isn't a good enough standard.

I would like to see Herrera operating a bit deeper, he plays too much like a #10 and we have a team overloaded with attackers already, but that is up to LVG
Average and then a brilliant goal is probably more then enough for MotM today, if you don't include the subs really.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He was in turns utter rubbish and pretty good but he scored an incredible goal so I'll give him a 7.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Side note: how in the hell did he get a booking for that celebration? One of their players held one of ours in a bear-hug for like 3 seconds (can't remember which one of our players it was) and the ref didn't bother carding him (Owen made a point of saying that it was a shocking decision,) but Herrera gets a yellow for celebrating with the travelling support?
It was Herrera to add insult to injury.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Yeah, that does add to it. I mean, I cannot for the life of me see why he would get booked for that. He didn't remove his shirt nor did he swear into the camera.
His face after Fletcher told him about the card really says it all. When they showed him, his pure surprise and disappointment, I thought for a second that his goal was somehow disallowed and Fletcher just told him about it. Shocking, absolutely shocking decision.

jem

His face after Fletcher told him about the card really says it all. When they showed him, his pure surprise and disappointment, I thought for a second that his goal was somehow disallowed and Fletcher just told him about it. Shocking, absolutely shocking decision.
Yeah me too. I thought it was a late offside call (not that it would have made sense given where he was when he scored, but still.)

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
It was a brilliant goal but I thought his overall performance was quite poor. He started brilliantly this season but appeared to fade the closer we got to Christmas, much like di Maria. It could be down to the fact he isn't used to playing through the winter period, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It was a brilliant goal but I thought his overall performance was quite poor. He started brilliantly this season but appeared to fade the closer we got to Christmas, much like di Maria. It could be down to the fact he isn't used to playing through the winter period, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
Maybe more to do with the pace of the PL. He will get used to that. He looked rather flushed at the end of the game but it is 90 minutes under his belt.

ThanksBoss26

Lovely goal. Not at his best by a distance but generally I do think we tick over much better passing wise when he is in the side.

Another who needs to stay fit to build up some form and consistency.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I thought he was one of our least shit players.

Still a bit shit, just, not as shit as the others, so that's good, right?
Fair summary. His midfield partners in the first half didn't cover themselves in glory either and at least in the second half, he got better.

I honestly have no idea what the instructions to Rooney and Herrera were though. Where were they supposed to be on the field? We hear that LvG stops training matches at regular intervals to order players back to the correct position because he takes precision seriously. I just wish it was more visible in matches.

the hea

Fair summary. His midfield partners in the first half didn't cover themselves in glory either and at least in the second half, he got better.

I honestly have no idea what the instructions to Rooney and Herrera were though. Where were they supposed to be on the field? We hear that LvG stops training matches at regular intervals to order players back to the correct position because he takes precision seriously. I just wish it was more visible in matches.

This was our biggest problem today the huge gap between those two and Fletcher was the reason we constantly had to hoof it in the first half. They became a little bit better in the second half and started dropping deeper to collect the ball but we need a proper central midfielder in there.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Well I think we can scratch Martinez off any transfer target list we have if he was watching our game today. :lol:

thejtrain

A few class touches and turns plus a fantastic goal, but played a few too many misplaced passes and lost possession more often than I'd like. Still he was our best player today - says how bad the rest were. I have no doubts though that we'd need him to start every game to inject some urgency into our game. Our best midfielder IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.