Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stoke 1:1 Man Utd

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He looked in good form today. Touch was very good and played some nice passes. Why he and Carrick aren't given a chance together in midfield is beyond me. He can do everything Rooney can there and more!

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
How we've missed him. Such a refreshing player to watch.

Zoo

Good cameo he made an instant difference in the middle. Please make him a starter.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Did feck all to improve us when he came on. In fact Stoke got right on top of us.
He really needs to do more to live up to this 'world class' hype.

OneUnited24

I get the argument that hes too lightweight but his movement and passing is so good we are really stupid not to play him. Granted hes had a terrible time with injuries but we should have started him today

Cina

Did feck all to improve us when he came on. In fact Stoke got right on top of us.
If you're going to be an intolerable WUM I'll just thread ban you.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Don't care how we do it but he has to be a starter for us when fit

Cina

We were completely pinned back when he came on. Sorry if that offends you.
Bollocks we were. I think you're just posting this stuff to provoke people. Also bugger all have said he's world class so you're being ridiculous.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
We were completely pinned back when he came on. Sorry if that offends you.
Not because of him though. Coincidental or perhaps more likely Falcao going off who was working so hard, slowing the game down by winning/giving fouls.

He was very tidy and we looked to have more controlled impetus. Our midfield looked like it could do more than the Hollywood ball or spread wide once he moved there.

DevilRed

Hopefully will get to start the next few matches.

Will be interesting to see how he gets incorporated into the side now that Young is out.

Brophs

The One and Only
When you see how watery our midfield is and how difficult he finds it to get in, it's not hard to gauge LVG's opinion on him (possibly at this moment in time, if he settles well).

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Who the feck called him world class? He's a very good player and still plenty of potential to improve, you're just going for every little chance to criticize him for some strange reason. It's really baffling actually. He's a classy player on the ball, always puts in a shift and works very hard, does a fair bit defensively and doesn't shirk out of challenges, and generally is just a very likable player all around.
Individually when he came on he was one of our better players probably, but you're basically blaming Stoke having a few more chances with more long balls on him getting subbed on which is ridiculous.

Kounan

I liked him a lot, every time he got the ball, we looked better, it wasn't easy to take it from him, and his movement was good. But why did he play in front of Mata and not behind him?

How the game went on, we did become more dangerous and the reason we get overrun is not him, but has lot to do with the fact that we don't have any real CM playing.

We have Carrick, who is DFM and looks really tired, Rooney who isn't a midfielder at all, and Mata who can't play CM. That's not a huge problem when your full backs, wingers do the job, but when they can't, you have to play it through the middle and these players can't do it on a regular basis. With Herrera, di Maria and Blind it should look much better.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Showed something that was severely lacking when he came on - good quick, incisive passing and movement afterwards.

He's one of the only ones who was playing it and immediately making a sprint movement forward or at an angle, getting between the lines - so disappointing to see neither Rooney or Mata able to create anything at all for our strikers and constantly opt for poor passes and hide behind Stoke players - difficult conditions granted.

Ixion

He did much better than Januzaj when he came on, we were instantly weaker down that left side but our attacks picked up pace thanks to Herrera.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Showed something that was severely lacking when he came on - good quick, incisive passing and movement afterwards.

He's one of the only ones who was playing it and immediately making a sprint movement forward or at an angle, getting between the lines - so disappointing to see neither Rooney or Mata able to create anything at all for our strikers and constantly opt for poor passes and hide behind Stoke players - difficult conditions granted.
That's what he is good at, gets the ball moves it forward and moves for the return pass. The rest get the ball and look around and either pass it backwards or try to hoof it in gale force winds.

Duafc

Village Lemon
That's what he is good at, gets the ball moves it forward and moves for the return pass. The rest get the ball and look around and either pass it backwards or try to hoof it in gale force winds.
Absolutely, we can make excuses due to conditions but really - if you haven't figured out after 5 minutes what's required in those conditions to get at this Stoke side (ball on the floor and movement) then you deserve what you get.

Ringo 07

He's a great player but way too lightweight. I'd have Fellaini any day of the week in the team ahead of him for this season anyways. If we went 433 then he might not be a bad option as a right wing forward instead of mata in certain games

Kounan

He's a great player but way too lightweight. I'd have Fellaini any day of the week in the team ahead of him for this season anyways. If we went 433 then he might not be a bad option as a right wing forward instead of mata in certain games
If Fellaini would know how to play as a midfielder, than fine, but he just doesn't, so I really hope that Herrera will be picked.

NoPace

Looked good to me. Love his movement, passing, work ethic and intelligence.

When we're a good side again, playing 4 at the back, he'll be a very good #8, pressing hard in midfield to try to create turnovers, with a holder behind him, like Gabi does at Atletico, Modric at Real or Gundogan at Dortmund.

Ekeke

He had some good moments where he clearly helped us move the ball better into attack but not quite the impact I was hoping for

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Much better when this lad came on. Not much cop defensively in my view but presses well and like people have said, it was so nice to see someone running forward into space and generally looking lively.

Status
Not open for further replies.