Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

mancan92

One thing though is that in the press he is being praised for marking hazard. But they don't seem to be talking about his attacking. The guy got a goal and assist.

pacifictheme

One thing though is that in the press he is being praised for marking hazard. But they don't seem to be talking about his attacking. The guy got a goal and assist.
I've seen a few places say he played in a back 4, with datmian and him marking hazard and pedro when chelsea had the ball. His assist was class, but lucky with the handball, and his goal only went in due to the deflection, so probably not worth focusing on really.

Robertd0803

I've seen a few places say he played in a back 4, with datmian and him marking hazard and pedro when chelsea had the ball. His assist was class, but lucky with the handball, and his goal only went in due to the deflection, so probably not worth focusing on really.
So did his goal against Arsenal last season though. Still had to be in the position to take the shot which he hasn't really done enough of I feel since he has been here.

New contract fully deserved.

Last edited:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
How many deflected goals did Lampard score? They all count in the end...

Sir Roi de Muppeterre

His assist was class. You said it yourself. He deserve praise for that even if he was lucky with the handball.

People complain about his "limited passing range" even though he is better at short passing, through balls and crosses than any of our central midfielders. I think it is because we had Scholes and Carrick who are master of long passes that now we somehow assign more value to this one particular type of pass when assessing current crop or maybe it is the case that we think players with good long pass are automatically excellent at other types of passes because Scholes was.

Reactions: Akshay

pacifictheme

So did his goal against Arsenal last season though. Still had to be in the position to take the shot which he hasn't really done enough of I feel since he has been here.

New contract fully deserved.
Yep deserved.

He did have to be in position, bu when Rooney shinned a shot to zlatan for an assist earlier in the season not many were willing to give him that credit. Herrera's shot wasn't any different to that. More luck than judgement.

His assist was great but the job he did on Hazard was the stand out part of the game for him. Not a lot that you can say about thr pass more than it was a good run and a good ball. Opportunity taken.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
I'm so glad he's become a key player under Jose, he definitely deserves it.

Was in and out of the starting line-up under Vangle, but now is one of our most important players. It's easy to see why as well - Jose's system suits him perfectly.

SirAF

Ageist
I'm so glad he's become a key player under Jose, he definitely deserves it.

Was in and out of the starting line-up under Vangle, but now is one of our most important players. It's easy to see why as well - Jose's system suits him perfectly.
This. He's fantastic in a three man midfield.

OL29

His reputation was built last season.

Herrera had the better game but Kante is still a better player.
His red card was the right decision in that game.
Yes because hes definitely not only now showing his potential and hasn't been average at best over the past 2 seasons. :rolleyes:
Past 2 seasons. Not this one. Hes certainly improved this year but hes been one of the better players in the team who are 5th, not the stand out player in an amazing team.
Do you get triggered when people praise Hererra? :lol:

pacifictheme

Do you get triggered when people praise Hererra? :lol:
Nah if you read the top one i was praising him myself. And even in the last post i made in this thread i praised him. See you ignored that, guess it didn't fit the agenda of your post ;)

More like i'm not gooey eyed about him. Fanboyism at its finest from you though.

OL29

Nah if you read the top one i was praising him myself. And even in the last post i made in this thread i praised him. See you ignored that, guess it didn't fit the agenda of your post ;)

More like i'm not gooey eyed about him. Fanboyism at its finest from you though.
When someone throws around the word agenda and fanboy it just makes them come across as rattled.

It's just weird seeing someone react like that to someone who was just so crucial to us, in an important win.

Nothing personal though mate, apologies if I came across rude

pacifictheme

When someone throws around the word agenda and fanboy it just makes them come across as rattled.

It's just weird seeing someone react like that to someone who was just so crucial to us, in an important win.

Nothing personal though mate, apologies if I came across rude
Well you quoted selected posts and called me triggered, so probably intentionally rude and quite clearly an agenda. Apology accepted though.

Stacks

Ha. Herrera is an enigma. He does a bit of everything. Maybe we could describe him as all action. his stats read. 41 apps 3 goals, 10 assists (excellent), loads of interceptions, loads of tackles and 16 bloody bookings!

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbo...elsa-valverde-van-gaal-zaragoza-atheltic.html

Barcelona's mouthpiece, Mundo Deportivo, says Ander Herrera has astounded Europe. In case you thought it was just us who rate him...
Ander Herrera is a sponge, a sponge that has been absorbing football since it was born. Not in vain, he had a great teacher in his father Pedro, a fine midfielder who spent almost his entire sporting career at Real Zaragoza and who also played in the Unión Deportiva Salamanca and Celta de Vigo. He was later one of the most successful technical secretaries in the history of the Aragonese club. His son Ander was born in Bilbao on August 14, 1989, but grew up in Zaragoza and in that school of taste for good football took his first steps in this sport.

From very small, his mirror was that great generation of the 90 that ended up conquering the Recopa of Europe in 1995 with the unforgettable goal of Nayim and his first successes arrived at the time of those of the winner of the Glass of the King of 2001 and later Of that of 2004. It was precisely the day after that of Sevilla, where the first team beat Celta 3-1, when he got his first achievement by proclaiming himself champion and best player of the prestigious Tournament of Brunete with the Zaragocista Alevín.

It was the beginning of the story of a crack that put a major turning point in his career last Sunday, when he astonished half Europe with the relentless marking of the man who made on one of the Chelsea figures, Eden Hazard. He dried up the Belgian and even had time to give the assistance of the first goal and score the second of Manchester United.

At 27, Ander took a step further in his evolution as a footballer. Formed as an offensive midfielder, he has been delaying his position from season to season to become the one chosen by José Mourinho to fulfill a defensive order as special as that of last match.

He has learned from each and every one of the technicians he has had, keeping the best of each one of them. From those who trained him in lesser categories, passing Marcelino, Jose Aurelio Gay or Javier Aguirre until reaching four eminences with such different concepts as Marcelo Bielsa, Ernesto Valverde, Louis van Gaal or José Mourinho. Also, of course, Julen Lopetegui, who has given him the opportunity to be absolute international with Spain.

It was in Athletic Bilbao where he met the Argentine, whom he considers a master. According to Ander there is no other who lives football and study rivals like him. He always tells that Bielsa is a lover of the changes of position of players, of the continuous movement, that his perfect goal would be the one born in one side and finished in the other. He then had Valverde, who says that he is the coach who has marked him most for his exceptional handling of the wardrobe and for being a great person.

Already at Manchester United, he was under Louis van Gaal. He played many games but was not the undisputed starter. The Dutch polished him some things that are now serving him. It was the first that delayed his position, arriving to play of Guardiola or Xavi, ahead of the defense. Van Gaal, a coach obsessed with not losing the position, did not let him take risks, so he learned to keep possession of the ball and to look for the safe horizontal pass. Seldom was he allowed to try one of his usual assists vertically. The last variant that has added to his repertoire has been contributed by Mourinho and has to do with that defensive ability previously quoted. He says that Mou is a coach who works a lot of balance, meaning that, for example, if he lines up a very offensive side, he will not let the inside be too much. And vice versa.

Admiral Andres Iniesta, has always said that there is no other like Messi. Its characteristics have made since small good has appeared in the lists as a possible reinforcement of Barca. Well the high cost of the operation or other priorities that had the club azulgrana have prevented that interest fructificara. Now, with greater maturity, leadership and versatility, it is again a piece to be taken into account by the main European teams.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Is that the work of google translate? Butchered the Spanish in places. The last paragraph particularly. An admiral of Iniesta...?

What that last paragraph actually says is: he (Ander) is an admirer of Iniesta and has always said there's nobody who can match Messi. His (Ander's) characteristics have always made him possible on Barcelona's target list. However, the high cost of signing him or other priorities have prevented that interest coming to fruition. Now with greater maturity, leadership and versatility, he's coming to the attention of Europe's main teams.

In other words, it's basically saying, Ander would fit in at Barca cos an admirer of Iniesta and Messi. Barca has considered signing him before but other stuff got in the way, including price. Then it gets in the dig that Ander should be playing at one of Europe's main teams, basically a bit of w-y waving at Utd's current state.

I guess the Daily Mail aren't the only ones to notice Ander is coming to the end of his contract...

ti vu

Yep deserved.

He did have to be in position, bu when Rooney shinned a shot to zlatan for an assist earlier in the season not many were willing to give him that credit. Herrera's shot wasn't any different to that. More luck than judgement.

His assist was great but the job he did on Hazard was the stand out part of the game for him. Not a lot that you can say about thr pass more than it was a good run and a good ball. Opportunity taken.
Rooney totally misskilled. That ball was meant for him to finish himself. Zlatan was lucky to be there or it would be a chance wasted.

Herrera was lucky, but he pretty meant to shoot and on target

Tiber

Great assist. Put a deadly cross in earlier aswell

Awesome player

arthurka

Some crazy people still not get him.. But he is absolutely incredible... Jose give him the band.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
When will this myth about Herrera's passing being average stop?

Stringer

The number of assists he has this season is impressive given the position he plays. A quick glance indicates he's in the top ten for the PL and nearly all the players around him are genuine attackers.

Status
Not open for further replies.