Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Soo knackered, we deffo need another b2b in there to rotate with him and Pogba.

m1y2

Compared to his usual high standards, he was very poor today. He must be knackered with the amount of graft he's put in over the past 6 games.

Lets hope he's fully rested for Liverpool :)
not true at all, in he first half he had a spell of 10 mins when he wasn't good, WHU were moving the ball really well, but in the second half he was brilliant, made crucial interceptions again and assisted second goal, unlucky not to score.. so on contrary he was not very poor but very good again..

Edit: really liked how he set the tempo from the kick off of our pressing in the first half, despite WH working really hard it was important not to let them get on the game and Herrera and co just stopped them..

RyRy11

Give Him and Paul a week off In time for the Hull and Pool games, they've earned it.

mancan92

Guy needs at least a week break. Looks dead on his feet in the second half. But even then he is soo important to us. He is the catalyst for our press. Even zlatans goal is created from his endless running.

Sylar

Didnt think he had a great first half in general, but it might be cos it was one game extra and he couldnt do his high press. Going deeper second half seemed to help him especially with Carrick behind him in CB. It meant there was an extra body (Mata) ahead of him and fresher legs to stretch the play and put us on the front foot.

Agreed he needs a break. Think we need to get him rested and prepared for that Liverpool match where he will be just as important as the rest of our midfield.

MounchesterUtd

Hope he gets both our next games off. He was a bit off in the game against Boro, but by the mid point of the second half today he looked gassed. Still my player of the season though.

Loublaze

ATLien
I think he needs resting but it also seems Herrera is one of those fan favorites who can get away with 4 or 5/10 performances and not get criticized unlike less popular players

December_16

I think he needs resting but it also seems Herrera is one of those fan favorites who can get away with 4 or 5/10 performances and not get criticized unlike less popular players
Yeah, but then again, look no further than the "What good is Herrera for?" thread or something along that line on this very forum. He does get some stick too, much less now than the past couple of years, though.

Fraud

I don't think that he's a fan favorite, though.

Even if he has been a key player in our run of matches without losing, he isn't rated that highly in general.

SSSSnake

It's official Herrera has made the most interceptions (50) this season. More then Kante (49). Long may this trend continue.

Ole90+3

People saying he looked knackered yesterday, especially in the second half. I didn't get that impression at all. He was closing down relentlessly from the front all half and even set up Ibra's goal with a clever interception from an aggressive press.

I think he's fine to carry on playing. Obviously a rest wouldn't be a bad thing but don't think it's necessary.

Ole90+3

Yeah, but then again, look no further than the "What good is Herrera for?" thread or something along that line on this very forum. He does get some stick too, much less now than the past couple of years, though.
That's because he very rarely warrants criticism. He is crucial to the way we are currently set up to play. Pressing the opponent's backline; it rubs off on the other players - his aggressiveness. His passing has improved so much since the Van Gaal reign, you could tell he was nervous and second guessing himself under Van Gaal which negates pretty much everything Ander is good at; he uses his footballing instincts for everything he does on the pitch. It's more about the power he puts on his pass; it initiates urgency which I also think transfers itself to the rest of the team.

He's been my favourite player ever since his first season. He gets United and the fans.

dichinero

I don't think that he's a fan favorite, though.

Even if he has been a key player in our run of matches without losing, he isn't rated that highly in general.
City and Pool fans perhaps. He is loved by the faithful

Witchking

He will be the future captian of this club hopefully. Deserves every bit. He is finally enjoying his time at United. I thought he would have left with the amount of nonsense he went through since 2014. Jose needs to be praised for giving this guy a chance again and reaping the benifits.

Devil may care

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/herrera-man-utd-finding-identity-dna-of-the-club-4162327

Ander Herrera believes Manchester United's recent form indicates that they have found their identity under Jose Mourinho.

The Red Devils beat West Ham United 2-0 away on Monday to make it six straight Premier League wins and their style of play and ability to notch a bunch of victories together suggests to Herrera that the DNA of the famous club is now becoming part of their play.

"We are playing well and we are controlling most of the games," Herrera told MUTV.

"When you watch Manchester United now you realise quickly who is the big team and that means we are finding our identity, the DNA of this club and its history.

"The most important thing in my opinion is we are not conceding too many chances and we are behaving like a big team.

"Of course we have to improve and be more clinical because we are creating a lot more chances than we are scoring but we can be happy and we can even more optimistic for the next few months and the next year because I think we are doing the right things and working in the right way."

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Sorry for the poor quality of the picture, but this is an interesting statistical conparison against the other defensive/box-to-box midfielders. An all-arounder if there ever was one.

southlegend

Ander the Enabler. Considering how fans always love a "try-er", I don't get why he isn't widely loved (overlooking his minor shortcomings).

OohAahMartial

After reading that article you really appreciate how much he has developed as a player. And it raises the question, could he be Carrick's replacement? With a bit more development and games in that position I think he could. And finding a box to box midiielder to take his place will be much easier than someone to replace Carrick.

Pogba - Niguez (Bakayoko)
Herrera

If Herrera can develop as much as he has done these last few seasons its only a small ask to develop further to do Carrick's role.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He is absolutely bossing it today, surprised by the lack of praise. Playing such a nice football. :drool:
It's pretty much expected at this point. He's been fantastic this season.

m1y2

great performance again, our midfield is great even without carrick, shame our front 4 has not the best game, so many wasted opportunities

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
I remember when some people tried to argue that Fellaini was a better midfielder.

Some people, including Moyes and Van Gaal, are strange.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I love that little chop he does where he starts the motion of turning one way and darts back the other, it's his move.

I can't think of a better ball winner out there right now, he presses so intelligently.

JeffBoomTetris

I remember when some people tried to argue that Fellaini was a better midfielder.

Some people, including Moyes and Van Gaal, are strange.
Fellaini is a different type of player though. Not a fair comparison.

Herrera was much better today than against Reading. His long passing seems to have improved slightly.

marjen

Fellaini is a different type of player though. Not a fair comparison.

Herrera was much better today than he was against Reading. His long passing seems to have improved slightly.
Not a fair comparison?

Both are midfielders. Herrera's quite clearly better. How is that not fair?

JeffBoomTetris

Not a fair comparison?

Both are midfielders. Herrera's quite clearly better. How is that not fair?
True.
But, Fellaini's role is different. Be a nuisance to opponents in both boxes. He is the best in our squad in doing that. But Moyes & van Gaal wanted him to play the role Ander is playing this season. It didn't work, naturally. Now, Mou comes and gives players correct instructions. Et voila, the midfield looks our strongest trait in many seasons.

m1y2

cant decide between him, Mata or pogba as MOTM, maybe Mata as he scored but the two are just joy to watch running the midfield

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
@Lawman will be here sooner to tell us he can't see why he's rated so highly. :smirk:

marjen

True.
But, Fellaini's role is different. Be a nuisance to opponents in both boxes. He is the best in our squad in doing that. But Moyes & van Gaal wanted him to play the role Ander is playing this season. It didn't work, naturally. Now, Mou comes and gives players correct instructions. Et voila, the midfield looks our strongest trait in many seasons.
Fellaini has still cost us vs Watford and Everton in his limited outings. While Herrera's been arguably one of our players of the season.

One of the biggest changes Mourinho has made is placing Fellaini on the bench, and giving Herrera a run in the team, in midfield. No wonder our midfield is functioning again.

Status
Not open for further replies.