Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

m1y2

:lol: This is an absolute car crash of a post.

There's nothing outlandish in saying Herrera doesn't come close to Kante. First off Kante was arguably the player of the year last year and he's right up there this year too. Just watch the games objectively and not focus heavily on stats and you'll see why Kante is rated so highly. The notion that Kante's performances/quality is media driven is a joke. He's hardly skillful, not British, barely scores and is certainly lacking in the looks department so why would he be lavished with praise for anything other than his performances week in week out.

While you're busy trying to convince yourself Herrera is better, Kante is on his way to back to back league titles being in the top 3 most important players.

But yeah media hype :houllier:
I am not judging them solely based on stats but if I didn't use that everything would be subjective and someone like you wouldn't even recognize the quality of a player, but whatever, your childish posts stay ignored from now on, bye:-)

El Jefe

Stop embarrassing yourself.

You clearly form your opinion based on what the media is feeding you, otherwise you wouldn't spout such ignorant nonsense in just a few posts.

It's easy to tell when someone speak from genuinely having carefully watched what the players are all about and form their own opinion to those who follow a certain narrative often fed by the media and just mindlessly stuck with it.

You're not fooling anyone.
Why waste a post on complete conjecture?

Just listen to yourself. I'm following a media narrative because I think Kante is better than Herrera?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I don't expect creative passing from Kante but I do from Herrera that's the difference. Herrera has played as an 8 and 10 throughout his career so we can't hold them to the same standards on that.

As for the second point its fairly simple. They would swap someone in their team only if it improved them. I'm sure if van Dijk was offered instead of Cahill or KDB for Pedro they would probably take it.
Oh, you don't expect creative passing from Herrera but expect it from Herrera, despite them playing very similar position. It all makes sense now.

I agree with all of this, Herrera is having a brilliant season and like you said, he's not really getting his due acclaim imo. I think football fans often get influenced by the media, and Kante is seen as the all conquering destroyer, whereas Herrera is the Spanish playmaker, I include myself in that as earlier this season I wasn't sure what the hype was on here regarding Herrera's performances, but the Arsenal game convinced me and I saw him in a different light and whenever I've seen him since he's been class.
Kante is the big strong destroyer type the English love, whereas Herrera is the skillful yet snide Spaniard we love to hate.

I'm reality theyre both performing on a similar fairly high but not spectacular level. I still think Matic from a couple of years ago is better than Kante.

Akshay

Staff
I think it's very simple, Kante is most likely going to win the league back to back while Herrera is in the team currently 6th. The rating of players by the media has generally little to do with their individual performances, it's mostly down to reputation from previous seasons and the team's current league position.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Kante is the big strong destroyer type the English love, whereas Herrera is the skillful yet snide Spaniard we love to hate.

I'm reality theyre both performing on a similar fairly high but not spectacular level. I still think Matic from a couple of years ago is better than Kante.
What? Kante is much smaller than Herrera! :lol:

JeffBoomTetris

Kante is a midget. And Ander is 6 feet. Yet because Kante is a pure water carrier who plays physically, he's seen as big and Herrera being a silky Spaniard will always be seen as little. :lol:

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
For once we might be able to use some of LvG's advice - take a touch before you shoot.

Herrera clearly isn't able to hit them directly, channel some of that philosophy and take a touch.

B2B midfielder like him should have some more goals to his name.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Brilliant at shutting down the space but he's so conservative with his passing we get nowhere when he's on the ball.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
For once we might be able to use some of LvG's advice - take a touch before you shoot.

Herrera clearly isn't able to hit them directly, channel some of that philosophy and take a touch.

B2B midfielder like him should have some more goals to his name.
He is in no way a box to box player type though.

Zoo

Not sure what he's doing out there, it feels like last season away to Wolfsburg where there was a black hole in our midfield.

FujiVice

Brilliant at shutting down the space but he's so conservative with his passing we get nowhere when he's on the ball.
This is the best description of Herrera I've read. In an ideal world, he'd be a rotation player for us.

FujiVice

Not been significantly awful, not his best game for sure, but I sense a little overreaction
Not at all. He seems unaware what he's meant to be doing. For a player who is in the team for the role he plays, he's be dreadful. Although it is the first half, so hoping he improves.

Eddy_JukeZ

These are the games where the 'we need an upgrade on Herrera crowd' come from.

His defensive work has been great this season overall. However when he receives a pass, in general it goes back to the player who passed it to him in the 1st place. It's frustrating to watch.

JeffBoomTetris

This is the best description of Herrera I've read. In an ideal world, he'd be a rotation player for us.
Sick of posts like this. It's as if players do not improve. Ideally we need a better center forward than Ibra, a better midfielder than Pogba and better goalkeeper than de Gea. But you stick with the players in the first XI and establish some consistency

FujiVice

Sick of posts like this. It's as if players do not improve. Ideally we need a better center forward than Ibra, a better midfielder than Pogba and better goalkeeper than de Gea. But you stick with the players in the first XI and establish some consistency
This wasnt an overreaction of anything.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He was very poor tonight, probably his worst game of the season.

AR87

Easily his worst performance of the season for me. Gave away possession too easily and failed to get the ball forward when a pass was on. Had more than a few opportunities to play Martial forward when he had his fullback isolated and didn't do it.

Zoo

Headless chicken mode tonight like the first half against Liverpool, shame as he was excellent on the weekend. He's not young and needs to eradicate these erratic performances.

Man-United

He's suspended next week and I hope we rest him on sunday so he has 1,5 weeks of rest until the big game against Southampton. Need the time off.

prath92

there are few better than those players though

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Look at the amount of running he does. He desperately needs a rest and hopefully we rest him against Blackburn and with the suspension for the return leg he will be back fresh.

Ban

Some of the hate he gets here is irritating.

Rotation player, squad player, this, that...

Devil may care

His closing down was good in the second half when he was playing closer to Pogba and there wasn't the gaping hole of the first half, but he was poor on the ball tonight.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Future Carrick replacement he's been touted as:houllier::houllier::houllier::houllier:
Since he replaced Carrick in defensive midfield we have conceded a grand total of 0 goals. Carricks last 90 minute game was on the 26th and yes, you guessed it, it was the last time we conceded a goal.

Sylar

I thought he looked better once Fellaini went off and Pogba dropped deep next to him :nervous:

He does the dirty stuff for us. I do think hes underappreciated on here because hes not a direct Carrick replacement. But then again Carrick was getting some hate cos he wasnt a direct Keane replacement, so yeh.

pacifictheme

Some of the hate he gets here is irritating.

Rotation player, squad player, this, that...
Some of the love hes gotten for 3 years is as well.

Glad hes suspended for the second leg as that should be a formality now. Gets the suspension out of the way in a straight forward match. Rest him against blackburn, a full week and a half off before the cup final.

kidbob

He's one of the main players affected by our lack of midfield rotation options. He looked wrecked physically and mentally out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.