Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cereal Killer

Am I the only one who gets really annoyed by his shooting?

Love his overall contribution and tenacity but I always feel like he spoils many opportunities by not lifting his head/looking for the pass and just opting for the long shot.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It is very difficult to argue against those stats in fairness.

m1y2

Thought I wouldn't start a new thread because of this, so let me say hope he performed well afterwards.

Gotta love the midfield maestro!

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff

Thought I wouldn't start a new thread because of this, so let me say hope he performed well afterwards.

Great stuff :lol:

Ander seems like such a nice, down to earth guy.

Pace Abuser

Had we finished those chances off that would have turned draws into wins, putting us within a point or 2 of Chelsea; Herrera would have league wide recognition on Kante's level.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots

That deserves its own thread.. what a pimp loool

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
A lot of those stats will be subject to biases like roles and tactical setups, but there's no denying he'd been very good this season.
When it's pretty much every single stat from a range of areas it can't just be a tactical choice.

gajender

Not good enough, we like him only because he is likeable guy. I'll just keep repeating myself.
This should shut some of the folks who fail to appreciate what Herrera has done for us this season
Despite all that, we will still have folk that don't know what he does in the team. :rolleyes:
So according to you all whats the best position for Herrera in the team, is he good enough to be our No 6 going forward into Next season .If Mourinho buys another midfielder to play defensive midfielder role in the team and changes the system to 2 in midfield like he seems to be favouring of late leaving Herrera on bench would he join the list of clueless posters like me and someothers who think we need to upgrade on Herrera going into next season.

pilky02

Supports
I could eat a nob at night
So according to you all whats the best position for Herrera in the team, is he good enough to be our No 6 going forward into Next season .If Mourinho buys another midfielder to play defensive midfielder role in the team and changes the system to 2 in midfield like he seems to be favouring of late leaving Herrera on bench would he join the list of clueless posters like me and someothers who think we need to upgrade on Herrera going into next season.
He's the reason we're so hard to beat and i would bet that without him, many of those draws we had would be losses and many of the wins would be draws. It's one of the last positions we need to upgrade in the Summer and he is first name on the team sheet for mourinho too. When we buy a midfielder it will be to replace Carrick/backup Ander and Pogba.

We can't have attacking midfielders in every position like most people seem to want. It's not Herreras problem if we have not scored enough goals.

gajender

He's the reason we're so hard to beat and i would bet that without him, many of those draws we had would be losses and many of the wins would be draws. It's one of the last positions we need to upgrade in the Summer and he is first name on the team sheet for mourinho too. When we buy a midfielder it will be to replace Carrick/backup Ander and Pogba.

We can't have attacking midfielders in every position like most people seem to want. It's not Herreras problem if we have not scored enough goals.
I understand what you are saying but going forward I dont think we would be playing with midfield 3 barring few games against top opposition and rightly so most probably Herrera's role in the team would become less frequent , even you agree we would buy midfielder to replace Carrick who would be a starter so where does it leave Herrera a squad rotation player and one used to beef up our midfield against difficult opposition.
Unlike some posters I dont think Herrera is good enough in midfield 2 and is not worthy enough to sacrifice a attacker to play midfield 3 as standard formation against all opposition.

Sereques

A new midfielder will be coming in to replace Carrick, not Herrera. Someone better than Herrera in that role will be some player and will cost fortune. I don't think we will be spending that much in that area of the pitch when we have other pressing concerns.

Sereques

I understand what you are saying but going forward I dont think we would be playing with midfield 3 barring few games against top opposition and rightly so most probably Herrera's role in the team would become less frequent , even you agree we would buy midfielder to replace Carrick who would be a starter so where does it leave Herrera a squad rotation player and one used to beef up our midfield against difficult opposition.
Unlike some posters I dont think Herrera is good enough in midfield 2 and is not worthy enough to sacrifice a attacker to play midfield 3 as standard formation against all opposition.
4-4-2 is an old man's tale. We will be involve in champions league going forward. 3 in midfield is here to stay and the way forward.

gajender

A new midfielder will be coming in to replace Carrick, not Herrera. Someone better than Herrera in that role will be some player and will cost fortune. I don't think we will be spending that much in that area of the pitch when we have other pressing concerns.
4-4-2 is an old man's tale. We will be involve in champions league going forward. 3 in midfield is here to stay and the way forward.

I think you are seriously overrating Herrera and we would most probably be playing 4231 next season as our standard formation so Herrera who I think is not that great as defensive midfielder would certainly make way for someone better and unless you have high scoring wide forwards its better to have an extra attacker rather than a midfielder against most oppositions any way.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Why are people obsessed with 6,8,10. We need a midfielder who can pass, tackle and has a work rate, Herrera fits the bill. Having players who plays purely as a defensive midfielder means we have 1 useless player when the team is in possession.

If we can upgrade on Herrera then why not but as of now his position is safe and he is one of our best players this season.

Southampton 2:3 Man Utd

Walters_19_MuFc

Because he likes to press and does it so well, it means to get the best out of him, he needs someone who can hold and read the game.

With him and Pogba, when he presses, it means that if teams get beyond him, they're in behind our midfield, which is what happened for the goal today. It's the same reason Kante or Gueye, for example, play with holding players.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
He's become really annoying, hasn't he? I don't mind so much cause he plays for us, but if he played for another team I could imagine being very annoyed with the way he goes on.

Dobbs

He's become really annoying, hasn't he? I don't mind so much cause he plays for us, but if he played for another team I could imagine being very annoyed with the way he goes on.
Fed up of seeing him rolling around holding his face. Does it repeatedly throughout the season.

Stop fannying about and start playing!

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Agreed. A but like Nani.

He's been let down by Pogba today. Been ok individually.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Yep. Complains a lot despite being a niggly player himself.

ivaldo

Where would we be without the little Bastard. Needs replacing my arse!!

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
Had a mixed game but would be way, way, down on my list of positions we need to improve on.

ivaldo

Involved in 2 goals, won the ball back constantly and ran has socks off, and this wasn't even one of his better games. He's becoming indispensable.

m1y2

he had a couple of bad passes but again he won so many good interceptions throughout the game, one of which has got us the second goal, and two brilliant assists.. so he basically managed to make all three goals today..

brilliant player and always up to it unlike others, so happy for him we won it

Status
Not open for further replies.