5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Been very good on the ball so far this half.

el3mel

He's a good player but his combination with Matic is terrible as opposite to what I was thinking.

His tackles and interceptions are pretty good and he can rush forward from deep when needed but when given full attacking roles he doesn't execute them very well. Him and Matic is a very defensive partnership with zero threat on the goal, no Pogba's creativity or Fellaini's aerial threat.

Herrera should be used as a direct replacement for Matic when we want to rest him.

mu4c_20le

He was decent. Some things came off for him and some didnt, but he wasnt the driving force that he used to be.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
He's about as average a top player as you can get. Does some nice things, does some not so nice things. Occasionally has a stormer, occasionally has a stinker. But most of the time he's just ok. His passing is average, his movement is average, his tackling is average, his positioning is average. He is Mr. Average. Not to be confused with consistent.

I prefer Fellaini in the team every day of the week.

I feel a little dirty saying it, because he's such a lovely little fella, and loves United. I feel the same way about Mata too. Squad filler.

ivaldo

He's about as average a top player as you can get. Does some nice things, does some not so nice things. Occasionally has a stormer, occasionally has a stinker. But most of the time he's just ok. His passing is average, his movement is average, his tackling is average, his positioning is average. He is Mr. Average. Not to be confused with consistent.

I prefer Fellaini in the team every day of the week.

I feel a little dirty saying it, because he's such a lovely little fella, and loves United. I feel the same way about Mata too. Squad filler.
Though I don’t agree with your post I can understand why you’ve made most of those points but to question his tackling is baffling. The regularity in which he wins the ball back for his side is as good as anyone in the league. That’s what he excels at: winning the ball back and moving it on quickly. When you compare him to Pogba and what he does then he’s always going to come up short. Put him in a midfield three with Pogba and Matic and we have a trio that compliment one another brilliantly.

Eddy_JukeZ

Him and Matic don't work well.

Herrera is much better when he has less attacking responsibility imo.

I don't even think him with Matic-Pogba will work out like I thought. It's lacking in the creativity department overall.

Jig1234

This guy has been in a constant decline for a while. I don't think playing alongside Matic helps because they both kinda do a similar job. However, Herrera always looks worse, he seems to lack any real quality when it comes to controlling a game, his positional awareness seems to be very poor. It always feels like he tries to press and close people down but fails miserably to time his tackles and the ball gets played behind him and thus invites pressure on to our defence.

We need Fellaini and Pogba back as soon as possible.

MadMike

I thought he did well yesterday. Far from great, but well. He's not been as good as last season so far. I hesitate to pin it on "does not work well with Matic". Like, against Liverpool he had a lot of bad controls and passes and the player next to him in midfield has 0 bearing on that.

He's been very good in the last 2 years and it's stupid to draw conclusions from a couple of games though. It might just be a form thing.

poleglass red

He's not a midfielder that will dictate play. His passing in the final 3rd isn't good enough, not saying he's crap but at this level it's not good enough. I've a funny feeling though that in big games this season, even when Pogba's back that he will play and be asked to do that marking type job. He did that well against Chelsea, and could see him adopting almost like a Park Ji Sung role within in the team for those games. I think in games where we are the dominant force, having him and Matic is overkill. That disappointed me a bit though re him and Matic, as I thought in theory they'd be very good together. The other thing too re Herrera right now is he is in a really bad run of form. Some players get this, might be lack of confidence from being a bit player this season, but although I'd never classify his as a top level player, he's certainly better than what we've seen in last 2 games.I'd have no worries having Herrera, Matic and Pogba when fit face any of the top teams

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
His tackling and intercepting is fine but his passing and control of space seems to have gone west this season. As a good technician you'd expect him to be able to play higher than Matic, press like a motherfecker and pass teams like Benfica to death but it didn't happen. If anything Matic did more in the final third (he's beguilingly good at this to be fair) and I'm struggling to think of a single thing of note Ander has done with the ball this year.

I respectfully disagree with the view Ander is 'just average', but I have to admit he isn't showing much above average at the moment.

Kapardin

He was not "fantastic" last season, despite being the POTY. We came 6th, so that speaks a lot about the quality of our POTY as well.

At this point, I'd start McTominay over Herrera. He can hardly do worse.

Plato

I'm not sure how it hasn't sunk in for him yet that he takes about 5 shots from outside the box per match and none of them ever go close.

This guy has always been hilariously overrated by United fans though. The links with Barcelona were ridiculous.

AndyJ1985

I think he needs to be strapped in to a chair with his eyelids stapled open and made to watch highlight reels of his piss poor shooting. Maybe then it'd sink in to his thick skull that he can't shoot.

Bojan11

Should have had a penalty.

But his passing going forward is terrible. Matic is more ambitious than him. That cutback at the end of the half was just terrible.

ivaldo

So shouldve had a pen, laid the ball off for Matic miss and a couple of other really intelligent passes and this dross is what emerges in his thread?

Kapardin

I'm not sure how it hasn't sunk in for him yet that he takes about 5 shots from outside the box per match and none of them ever go close.

This guy has always been hilariously overrated by United fans though. The links with Barcelona were ridiculous.
Nah, Barcelona have a penchant for going after average players now and then. Valverde is not a top manager, no surprises he was scouting the likes of Herrera.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
He's trying. I really see it as a system issue. Herrera gets the ball, usually has very little time, looks up and what does he see? On the right, Lingard has gone walkabouts and is often deeper than him. In the middle Lukaku has 3 CBs on top of him. So he usually has to play it square.

I'd like to see him work on the switch of play, but he's never really been about that.

We have no attacking options ahead of him, so it's really hard.

JoaquinJoaquin

I know he is a Caf favourite but he is just an average player unfortunately. Hasn't played well in a long time now.

M16Red

He's trying. I really see it as a system issue. Herrera gets the ball, usually has very little time, looks up and what does he see? On the right, Lingard has gone walkabouts and is often deeper than him. In the middle Lukaku has 3 CBs on top of him. So he usually has to play it square.

I'd like to see him work on the switch of play, but he's never really been about that.

We have no attacking options ahead of him, so it's really hard.
Bang on. Players not showing for the ball in the final third

goin4glory

Mourinho knows he's average which is why he bought Matic and benched him, wouldn't be here if we didn't have gaping holes in other areas that needed more urgent attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.