Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Art

Art the artist
I havent seen a Spanish player with as little technique as him play for a top side.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
How many? 1 each? Are we counting the one on Son where he gave a foul away?

Like I said, look at the bigger picture also. Even when he wins the ball his selection of passing is cowardly and puts our defenders under even more pressure.

He has absolutely no composure on the ball, he just wants to get rid of it asap to the nearest player beside/behind him.

He will be straight to the bench when Fellaini is back and that says it all. And then he will be behind Pogba, Matic and Fellaini again.
You just said he isn't winning the ball back, and yet he's done it more than anyone on the pitch, yet again.

I'll ask you again, who's passing selection has been good this game, on either side?

So he's a coward who doesn't give his all now? Bloody hell.

IrishRedDevil

Matic has also been extremely poor this game granted, but this current Herrera is certainly not a Manchester United midfielder. A coward on the ball and a moaner off the ball.

MeUnited

Decent for me. Moves it on quickly. Few neat touches here & there, dispossessed a couple of times but no moreso than anyone else.

IrishRedDevil

You just said he isn't winning the ball back, and yet he's done it more than anyone on the pitch, yet again.

I'll ask you again, who's passing selection has been good this game, on either side?
How many times did he win the ball? Or will I ask you again? And what did he do with the ball when he won it? Pass it to Jones?

None of our players, that's one of the problems. Herrera has been poor in games gone by also and will be replaced as soon as Fellaini is back. Agreed?

yfoFC

Winning the ball back, it’s not hard to figure out. He’s not a playmaker, stop judging him as one.

He’s been no worse than Matic these past few years, one gets a free ride, the other doesn’t.
You should get an award for defending this guy as it's a work for a thousand people!

It's funny because defending him was the reason I joined this forum but I've quickly come to the realization that it's a hopeless cause as people just have an agenda towards him

He's doing his job of stopping attacks but no one notices that and can't wait to shit on him when matic hasn't been up to speed passing wise either, in fact our whole team has been shite at it.

Anyways, big ups to you bro and I don't envy you at all

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Has not progressed since Bilbao and only succeeds in teams of that level. That includes our team which finished 6th last year, where he was POTS.

I don't think he is good enough for a team who seeks to finish in the top positions of league and CL football, hence he is currently being found out.

Needs to join his other average Spanish mates like Arteta etc at clubs like Everton.

ivaldo

Agreed, he's not been great but nowhere near as bad as everyone else is saying.

It's a fundamental problem. Our two central defenders and full backs are scared of the ball and will go long EVERY time.

Miki is drifting so it's essentially Herrera and Matic against 4 Spurs midfield. No control of the game at all.

Mourinho needs to tell the players to step up at home and take responsbility on the ball.
And that's it. Neither of us has said he's playing amazing, but comparatively he's no worse than anyone else on the pitch, and yet his performances are met with over the top criticism. Both sides are cancelling each other out at the moment, we are getting no change in midfield as we are outnumbered and the same is happening for Spurs up top.

Sir Roi de Muppeterre

It’s patheic isn’t it? It’s tunnel vision at this point, Matic next to him has been non existent and yet not a single post in his thread - and not for the first time either.
Matic has been horrible since Pogba got hurt. Now Herrera is in team and people expect him to do what Pogba was doing i.e. compensate for Matic's inability to add anything whatsoever to attack. Herrera was poor against Liverpool but afterward he has much much better than Matic in every match.

Kapardin

I havent seen a Spanish player with as little technique as him play for a top side.
Yep, it is quite surprising.

We have to somehow keep up with the pack until Fellaini or Pogba are back. With the current midfield and Mkhi on the pitch, Lukaku might not get service to score a single goal until one of our MFs are back.

ivaldo

How many times did he win the ball? Or will I ask you again?

None of our players, that's one of the problems. Herrera has been poor in games gone by also and will be replaced as soon as Fellaini is back. Agreed?
One apparently.

Right. So all of our players are cowards without passion? Who maybe, just maybe, it isn't down to individual performances. I'm looking but I can't seem to see your scathing criticism in the other player threads...

yfoFC

Looks like fletcher mark 2. Lots of energy and some good end product but overall I don’t think he’s good enough. At least fletcher gave us a amazing season
Funny I know someone who gave us an amazing season last year, he wears number 21 for us and you should check him out

ivaldo

You should get an award for defending this guy as it's a work for a thousand people!

It's funny because defending him was the reason I joined this forum but I've quickly come to the realization that it's a hopeless cause as people just have an agenda towards him

He's doing his job of stopping attacks but no one notices that and can't wait to shit on him when matic hasn't been up to speed passing wise either, in fact our whole team has been shite at it.

Anyways, big ups to you bro and I don't envy you at all
Cheers bud. The thing is im not even trying to make our he's playing incredibly well. I just tired of the constant berating of a player who is playing out of position for things every other player on the pitch is doing.

IrishRedDevil

One apparently.

Right. So all of our players are cowards without passion? Who maybe, just maybe, it isn't down to individual performances. I'm looking but I can't seem to see your scathing criticism in the other player threads...
Do you enjoy Herrera moaning to the ref constantly and rolling round on the ground like a little girl?

Will Herrera be replaced by Fellaini when he's back? And will he then be behind Matic, Pogba and Fellaini? An answer would be appreciated.

Open your eyes and check the Mkhitaryan thread.

OneUnited24

Funny I know someone who gave us an amazing season last year, he wears number 21 for us and you should check him out
He was good last season but to call him amazing isnt right. He had a game vs Chelsea at home where i'd say he was great but overall i dont think he was anything special.

ivaldo

Do you enjoy Herrera moaning to the ref constantly and rolling round on the ground like a little girl?

Will Herrera be replaced by Fellaini when he's back? And will he then be behind Matic, Pogba and Fellaini? An answer would be appreciated.

Open your eyes and check the Mkhitaryan thread.
And the matic thread? Every other players thread? Come on you agreed no one had been passing well. You picked out a player who, at the very least, has led the way with winning the ball back, why single him out when every other player has been just as shit?

IrishRedDevil

And the matic thread? Every other players thread? Come on you agreed no one had been passing well. You picked out a player who, at the very least, has led the way with winning the ball back, why single him out when every other player has been just as shit?
I'm watching the game now mate. Matic has won the ball back a few times this half, but if you look up all the comments in this thread I did admit that Matic wasn't playing well either, but this season Matic has been a level above Herrera and one of our most important players so maybe that's why I give him a 'pass'.

ivaldo

I'm watching the game now mate. Matic has won the ball back a few times this half, but if you look up all the comments in this thread I did admit that Matic wasn't playing well either, but this season Matic has been a level above Herrera and one of our most important players so maybe that's why I give him a 'pass'.
Since he has played a two with Herrera he has been just as shit, if not worse, than Herrera. Last season, Herrera was POTY playing in the role Matic now holds because it suited his playing style. This season he’s being asked to play as a playmaker ala Pogba. He’s a very good back up DM and an excellent ball winner in a 3. Judging his ability as a playmaker is ridiculous.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Last season, Herrera was POTY playing in the role Matic now holds because it suited his playing style..
He wasn’t really though, was he? Really. He was voted it, sure, but more for being kinda mostly decent, not fecking up that much and looking like he cared in a couple of big matches. It was a really low bar for a POTY in a year we finished 6th, so it’s hardly much of an endorsement tbf.

ManUtd1999

Since he has played a two with Herrera he has been just as shit, if not worse, than Herrera. Last season, Herrera was POTY playing in the role Matic now holds because it suited his playing style. This season he’s being asked to play as a playmaker ala Pogba. He’s a very good back up DM and an excellent ball winner in a 3. Judging his ability as a playmaker is ridiculous.
Herrera has been mostly poor this season. He didn't play great defensively either.

Matic, on the other hand, gave few MOTM performances already.

the hea

Has not progressed since Bilbao and only succeeds in teams of that level. That includes our team which finished 6th last year, where he was POTS.

I don't think he is good enough for a team who seeks to finish in the top positions of league and CL football, hence he is currently being found out.

Needs to join his other average Spanish mates like Arteta etc at clubs like Everton.
Spot on, he just isn't a top class player. He basically is a EL level player not a CL level player.

ivaldo

He wasn’t really though, was he? Really. He was voted it, sure, but more for being kinda mostly decent, not fecking up that much and looking like he cared in a couple of big matches. It was a really low bar for a POTY in a year we finished 6th, so it’s hardly much of an endorsement tbf.
Yes he was, really. So we are now at the stage where we are discounting justifiably winning POTY above DDG, Ibra and Pogba? Incredible.

IrishRedDevil

Matic won Man of the Match this game with most passes, interceptions and blocks.

Maybe I'm not the one that needs to open my eyes?

ivaldo

Herrera has been mostly poor this season. He didn't play great defensively either.

Matic, on the other hand, gave few MOTM performances already.
Prior to Pogba getting injured. That’s the point. Put Matic in Pogbas position and you think he’ll still be putting in MOTM performances?

ivaldo

Matic won Man of the Match this game with most passes, interceptions and blocks.

Maybe I'm not the one that needs to open my eyes?
Had a good second half. Not first half. Hence why I commentated at half time? I could pretend his interceptions and tackles don’t count like you did with Herrera but that would be idiotic, wouldn’t it? It’s not a hard concept. Great strawman though.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Thought he played well. Hard work being in a double pivot against the opposition midfield. Covered ground and helped frustrate Spurs.

Chin

Stuck to his task of man-marking Eriksen generally very well today, apart from that one moment where he allowed him to play in Alli.

ivaldo

So Matic had the better game over 90mins. Perfect concept.
And that makes Herrera shit how? I could pretend his tackles and interceptions don’t count, but that would be moronic, wouldn’t it. Good try though.

Status
Not open for further replies.