View full 2023-24 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Kostov

Only deluded United fans will try and do mental gymnastics, act the proper loyal red and defend an absolute dogshit player, happened with Antony last season now it’s Onana. Than on top of that will take swings on a legend like DDG and claim how he was worse and according to the resident parrot full of howlers for the last 5 years.

If DDG needed urgent replacing after last season, what’s the verdict on Onana then? I’d say he should never play for this club again.

Newcastle 1:0 Man Utd

Mwooyo

Hmm I didn't invent my own details.
You may have said Ohno was to blame, then went on and contradicted yourself by saying others were at fault for giving away free kicks.
No-one is disputing free kicks were given away in stupid places, the fact still remains they were soft goals that an average Championship keeper would save.
Poor positioning and fumbling a ball, are howlers, you can't blame outfielders for that, no matter what the circumstances.
To slate McTon and Bruno, who both put a shift in, and scored only to be let down by a clown of a keeper.

Amrabat is not a good player, he is distinctly average and comes nowhere near the standard some of us re used to at this club, he's not a Scholes or Carrick, he's certainly not a Keane, he'd have a hard jab being considered as good as Nicky Butt! you don't alter a system for one player, our system doesn't a lot of players, by your thinking we should be playing 10 different systems at the same time, players adapt to the system, not the other way round.

It's not suicidal having a combination of McTominay/Fernandes/Casemiro on the pitch, but it is suicidal having a keeper who's brain goes walkabout without prior warning, the bloke even makes easy saves look difficult.

When you are pressing for the winner, which we were when it went to 3-3, you leave yourself open at the back if you loose possession, when you have two slow lumbering CB's it become the job of the faster full backs and midfield to cover for them, that is what Mainoo was doing, we do not play a zonal game.
See some of you fans have to learn the hard way. As you saw today, No Onana mistake...lack of CONTROL....same result. You can not play Mctominay and bruno and not get beaten by the big teams. 2 players who keep giving the ball away with super risky passes.

Like I said, people focused too much on the Onana errors midweek and forgot the main issue. Even before the errors, we have NOT had CONTROL in the midfield for some time now. We keep winning by playing this transition football that lacks control. Today Newcastle beat us by controlling the midfield. We will lose against most big teams as long as we continue down this road.

ETH will get fired if he continues selecting such a midfield and rightly so. It surprises me that he likes learning things the hard way. Good luck with your mctominay who at least scores goals.

Oranges038

One good save.

Dodgy on the ball at times.

But that second half was proof of why ETH has him go longer. You quite simply cannot play out with Maguire and AWB on the right side of your defence and Shaw and Dalot on the other. Shaw is fine, although he did give the ball away for the goal. But it's a waste of time with the other 3.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I thought he was supposed to be good on the ball?

Why is every single player we sign just completely incapable of being competent? I know the team can be poorly coached etc but all we’ve heard last season and into this about how good he can be with the ball? So where is it?

GMoore23

Better when we're under total bombardment.
Shaky as feck when we're heavy favourites hence nowhere near good enough.

Also, De Gea was probably better at passing out from the back :lol:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I mean people would have to move in order for him to actually aim at someone instead of areas.
True, but still, his long passing isn't very good ( unless he's on the half way line and then he turns into Scholes)

Even in the second half, Shaw made a great run for him and his pass too him was bobbly and crap.

The White Pele

Wasn’t the problem today. Some decent moments on crosses and sweeping. A bit no nonsense sometimes with his distribution but overall not bad

Matt Varnish

Hello Sailor.
See some of you fans have to learn the hard way. As you saw today, No Onana mistake...lack of CONTROL....same result. You can not play Mctominay and bruno and not get beaten by the big teams. 2 players who keep giving the ball away with super risky passes.

Like I said, people focused too much on the Onana errors midweek and forgot the main issue. Even before the errors, we have NOT had CONTROL in the midfield for some time now. We keep winning by playing this transition football that lacks control. Today Newcastle beat us by controlling the midfield. We will lose against most big teams as long as we continue down this road.

ETH will get fired if he continues selecting such a midfield and rightly so. It surprises me that he likes learning things the hard way. Good luck with your mctominay who at least scores goals.
He's a poor keeper in a poor team, the first free kick Trippier had he was rooted to the spot. completely flat footed.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
True, but still, his long passing isn't very good ( unless he's on the half way line and then he turns into Scholes)

Even in the second half, Shaw made a great run for him and his pass too him was bobbly and crap.
I think with confidence that will come, he controls and takes the ball extremely well. He's looking at statues half the time or Maguire who can't have the ball a millimeter outside his range to control it square on. Or he can see one free man he does pass it to is either going to get pressed into a trap and feck it up or stitch him right up. I long for Martinez in that regard.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He's a poor keeper in a poor team, the first free kick Trippier had he was rooted to the spot. completely flat footed.
Actually turned out to be a great job he didn't dive for that, otherwise it might have hit him and gone in!!

4D chess shit.

Matt Varnish

Hello Sailor.
You genuinely would have blamed him for a top bin free kick from that range? Hang your head is shame.
It would have been nice to see him go for it, but as I said he was completely flat footed, made no attempt, it's not like it was deflected away from him.

Marcelinho87

It would have been nice to see him go for it, but as I said he was completely flat footed, made no attempt, it's not like it was deflected away from him.
100% of keepers are flat footed there, rarely see a keeper move to save a FK in the upper corner.

Mwooyo

Like I said you keep focusing on the wrong stuff. You cant see the forest through the trees. You focus on moments rather than the game overall and I am sure it hurt you when it hit the post rather than go in because you was waiting....just waiting for it to go in.

We know it, you dont like Onana and no one is defending him, all am saying is just look beyond him. We will always lose against the big teams no matter the goalkeeper as long as we continue not having control in our midfield. Hate it or love it...pretend about it or ignore it...the table will not lie. Mctominay and Bruno should never be starting for us at the same time in the same midfield.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
That was top bins. Every keeper would be flat footed.

He has bad moments but that was not one of them.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Ok , do us a favor and show me a keeper saving it. Either you have never played the game or you are just another hater who want our player to fail

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Better when we're under total bombardment.
Shaky as feck when we're heavy favourites hence nowhere near good enough.

Also, De Gea was probably better at passing out from the back :lol:
You should probably go and rewatch some of his passing over the last few years because he really wasn't.

lex talionis

In time Onana will come good, but there is no question that bringing him in this year was idiotic. Erik could have brought him in the previous season on a free transfer, at least I’m told that was the case, to compete with Dave and get acclimated to the PL, or we could have have gone in for him in a year or two when his maturity level reached the required level. He’s a batshit crazy keeper on shot stopping, distribution and on crosses. There’s nothing in his game that would make any top club on the planet wish they had him instead of the keeper they already have.

erikcred

In time Onana will come good, but there is no question that bringing him in this year was idiotic. Erik could have brought him in the previous season on a free transfer, at least I’m told that was the case, to compete with Dave and get acclimated to the PL, or we could have have gone in for him in a year or two when his maturity level reached the required level. He’s a batshit crazy keeper on shot stopping, distribution and on crosses. There’s nothing in his game that would make any top club on the planet wish they had him instead of the keeper they already have.
Okay, but what if he gets ETH fired before this foretold day arrives?

Does the prophecy clock reset under a new manager?

Oranges038

What a load of bollocks.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
He had a great game.

Unfortunately in this team, except Shaw, no one can receive a pass from him.

We bought him for his passing ability, but no one can use it, meaning that he's only there for shot stopping.

Hopefully we can buy players that can move, receive the ball and are not afraid.

Oranges038

He had a brilliant save on the floor - nobody going to mention that?
No because unlike the last guy, that wasn't a save only he could make, it was a save any half decent keeper should be making.

Rossa

No because unlike the last guy, that wasn't a save only he could make, it was a save any half decent keeper should be making.
What last guy? The ball was curled past the defender. It's not a world class save, but it's a good one. DDG in his prime would've saved Lo Celso's scoring against Ederson yesterday - nobody talking about that?

Oranges038

What last guy? The ball was curled past the defender. It's not a world class save, but it's a good one. DDG in his prime would've saved Lo Celso's scoring against Ederson yesterday - nobody talking about that?
I mean the last Utd keeper whenever he made a half decent save all we heard was "only he can make those saves". It was a good stop from Onana, he didn't do much wrong, but yet this always seems to be the most active performance thread.

As for that. He might have, might have saved the first goal too. But who knows? Onana might have saved both. It was well hit and bounced right as it was at the side of the keeper on a wet pitch. Those are always difficult to save.

Rossa

I mean the last Utd keeper whenever he made a half decent save all we heard was "only he can make those saves". It was a good stop from Onana, he didn't do much wrong, but yet this always seems to be the most active performance thread.

As for that. He might have, might have saved the first goal too. But who knows? Onana might have saved both. It was well hit and bounced right as it was at the side of the keeper on a wet pitch. Those are always difficult to save.
Yeah, I'm a bit sick of every discussion on Onana is in relation to DDG. I think that should stop now. Let's discuss his performances, not how they relate to DDG from whichever season one wishes to compare him to.

As for the Lo Celso shot, I think Ederson will be a little annoyed that he didn't save that, but then Ederson has never been the greatest shot stopper. Allisson and Pope would probably also be annoyed had they let that one in. Onana I'm not so sure about. He's a decent shot stopper, but his reach doesn't look phenomenal to me.