g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Andre Onana image 24

Andre Onana Cameroon flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Moomalade74

He has this funny way of diving in the air, with both arms equally spread out, as if he's just hoping the ball rebounds off him somewhere rather than reaching specifically for it if that makes sense.
It kinda reminds me of a bodyguard desperately diving to take a bullet, just trying get in the way.

ZainCRse7en

When he bundled into that wolves player in the first game of the season - that was an ugly sight from a goalkeeping perspective but I thought to myself its the first game of the season in a new team and league for him so I gave him the benefit of the doubt. But now I have seen enough to conclude that this guy is a fraud. He looks like an outfield player being forced to play GK.

Ramsalde might be available in Jan for the cheap though I am not sure between them both who is the better keeper. Both are definitely not good enough, especially for a big club like ours.

always_hoping

Can imagine this thread will get plenty of traffic this time tomorrow when as expected a clinical Liverpool will score a handful of goals from the same amount of shots on target.

Just a reminder on United's last two matches in Anfield with DeGea in goal. 11 goals conceded and Liverpool had13 shots on target in those two games.

Last edited:

M Bison

Supports
York City
He’s so close to being a good asset, having a get out ball back to him and him being able to pick a pass forward is great. His passing was off though and he put it out of play far too often.

Clean sheet at Anfield though, bloody hell, we’d all have taken that before the game!

The Oracle

This season at Anfield:
8 shots on target by Liverpool... zero goals conceded by Onana

Last season at Anfield:
8 shots on target by Liverpool... seven goals conceded by De Gea

Stadjer

He’s so close to being a good asset, having a get out ball back to him and him being able to pick a pass forward is great. His passing was off though and he put it out of play far too often.

Clean sheet at Anfield though, bloody hell, we’d all have taken that before the game!
He did have a great pass setting up Antony for the counter but also some less great passes.

KeanoMagicHat

Great long pass to Antony to put him through, what you want him for. Then Antony is too slow and lacks the skill to do anything with it.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Can imagine this thread will get plenty of traffic this time tomorrow when as expected a clinical Liverpool will score a handful of goals from the same amount of shots on target.

Just a reminder on United's last two matches in Anfield with DeGea in goal. 11 goals conceded and Liverpool had13 shots on target in those two games.
Hehe.

flameinthesun

This season at Anfield:
8 shots on target by Liverpool... zero goals conceded by Onana

Last season at Anfield:
8 shots on target by Liverpool... seven goals conceded by De Gea
Not quite 1 for 1 the positions the shots were taken in....but I get the spirit of your point.

One thing that annoyed me (and I'm not Onana's biggest fans) were the commentators getting on his back early about taking time on the ball and dribbling Nunez etc. If we want to be calm and composed at Anfield or anywhere it starts with the goalie and I think Onana was very brave to shout at the team to continue to pass out from the back. I think it gave the team a bit more confidence. So for that I give him genuine praise in this match.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
8 shots on target today for Liverpool the same as they had in this fixture last season makes you wonder does it...
To be honest, it doesn’t surprise me. That result last season was a freak occasion. In fact we were the better team in the first half.

always_hoping

To be honest, it doesn’t surprise me. That result last season was a freak occasion. In fact we were the better team in the first half.
Yes Bruno missed a big chance first half and they scored their 1st goal on 43 minute and were 3-0 ahead on 50 mins. Every thing they hit ended up in the net mistake after mistake from United thankfully none today.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Mixed bag. Distribution awful at times. He flapped early on and fumbled later too

the saves he made you would expect. But at least he did indeed save them

no idea how anyone can give him MOTM

Borussia Teeth

His compusure with the ball was crucial today. I love ddg but if he was between the sticks, we would have been lumping it straight back every time, suffering wave after wave of pressure and their crowd would have been wild. Onana took the sting out of the game at vital moments. It's a shame that we don't have enough technical players for his game to really shine.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Decent enough today. A few shaky moments (as expected) but not bad.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Brilliant today. As bad as he is in other attributes, you can't press him . Feck it, they were pressing like herd and this guy still found the spare man every single time. With a better midfield, we would converted those transitions from him.

led_scholes

He was superb. Especially in the second half. He helped us aleviate the pressume many times.

GazTheLegend

Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shit.
underrated post

Had a feeling that if we were going to get ANYTHING today then Onana would be really, really busy. He was, and he was more than up to the challenge.

Feel like we'll see the best of him next season as he gets more consistency + hopefully some better players in front of him.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
People have questioned his mentality, but this was any other game to him. The bloke is a lion mentally.

He has his issues, of course, but they're technical and they can be coached. He has cost us games, but I still feel like he can be great for us if he shapes up his footwork on those low central shots and our general ball-playing level improves (with injury returns and new signings).