5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

gajender

Dave has a very very small penis.
He was usually too low though, always too low. I prefer someone who takes risks all the time to someone who always stays in his shell.
Try and catch a cross mate. So childish.
I don’t get it?
Some of You guys need to calm the feck down and not let your dislike of De Gea make you see things which aren't even there , the tweet has nothing to do with United it's actually in Support of Spanish NBA player Ricky Rubio , who is taking Hiatus from Playing to focus on his mental health De Gea has tagged him by using Rubio's old tweet which you would have known had you just bothered to check instead of thinking everything is slight against United and it's players .

Last edited:

Dannn411

He's an excellent goalkeeper. Its easy to see when he plays. Happy we finally upgraded the position. He's going to be here a long long time.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The issue is that the player you'd be dropping him for did this in another pre-season game:

Neither can really be trusted not to feck up at some point. But for the sake of sanity it's not worth being overly critical of either for mistakes in these pre-season games, because we have to play one of them. Just hope they sharpen up in the real games.
Depressing, just lazy passing under no pressure. It’s inexcusable. You see why we were linked with RBs walker in the summer.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I agree it was Onana's fault. I'd expect a professional international goalkeeper to ignore manager's instructions (which he's been following to a T), and stay back in case another international footballers fecks up a pass (having multiple easy passing options).

Truth is, this isn't a complicated issue. We're playing chances game here. Chances were slim that one of our players passes it straight to the opposition player. Chances were even slimmer that this player will execute a perfect lob.

We'll have those debates every now and then. We need to fix the passing at the back (it wasn't the only occasion that the ball missed a player and was intercepted deep in our half). Then we'll be fine.
Or we can instruct Onana to stay further back, this is solved very easily. But again, this is what ETH wants as Onana plays like that all the feckin time. So think twice who you blame if you think it's on Onana.

So think twice who you blame if you think it's on Onana.

Also, I wouldn't bother too much about the passing between back 5 yet. Seems like they're out of sync but it's only preseason, focus and urgency isn't there.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Some of You guys need to calm the feck down and not let your dislike of De Gea make you see things which aren't even there , the tweet has nothing to do with United it's actually in Support of Spanish NBA player Ricky Rubio , who is taking Hiatus from Playing to focus on his mental health De Gea has tagged him by using Rubio's old tweet which you would have known had you just bothered to check instead of thinking everything is slight against United and it's players .
Eh? Where did i say i didnt like him?!?!

Marcelinho87

How's about we don't blame Onana or Dalot and just accept that whilst we transition to a new style of play then mistakes will inevitably happen.

gajender

Eh? Where did i say i didnt like him?!?!
I tagged you to give context on that tweet as you wanted to know what it was actually about not suggesting you dislike De Gea but other responses were clearly over the top and critical of De Gea for the tweet which had nothing to do with United and I say that as some one who has been highly critical of De Gea as a player with United and who wanted him out for the long time .

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
How's about we don't blame Onana or Dalot and just accept that whilst we transition to a new style of play then mistakes will inevitably happen.
I'm inclined to go along with this reasoning.

Hopefully it begins to click for the team sooner rather than later.

Twas a truly horrendous pass from Dalot that invited the guy to shoot, he couldn’t have set it up more perfectly for him if he’d tried.

Crystal clear who fecked up, and it wasn’t remotely the keeper.

midou

Already saw some articles like "Nightmare Old Trafford debut" and "Maguire in goalkeeper's form". Pathetic really, ABU stuff all around. I hope this idiotic criticism unites fans behind him.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Far too reasonable

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
While I’m in the “100% Dalot’s fault” camp this is also true. I remember the caf finding great hilarity in Liverpool and Arsenal conceding stupid goals while heavily involving their keeper in passing out of the press. But that approach ended up with them being City’s closest competitors for the title.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
He’s where you’d want him. An option when we’re building from the back. Of course he looks out of position when this clip shows nothing other than the ball going over his head. The mistake was Dalot’s.

Pickle85

I certainly expect him to be more willing to leave his line and participate in the build up than DDG but he has to take some blame for getting lobbed from halfway. For some of you it's either ALL Dalot's fault or nothing. Dalot obviously takes the vast majority of the blame but Onana was too advanced and he got done. I'm sure ETH will have a word and it hopefully won't happen again.

Drifter

American
Not blaming him for the goal, Dalot's casual passing put him in that mess , but players will be alerted to try a chip or two.

zaafi

To be honest, if he'd turn around and run straight instead of backpeddling, he would have saved the shot :lol: But really, it's all on Dalot.

I don't think it's necessary to be so far out all the time, though. You see it with Allison when his team are further up the pitch, but he's not close to the midfield circle when the defenders are barely ahead of him with opponents around them. I really don't think Onana will be playing like this in PL every match. He can still be a passing option while being a bit further back.

zenith

He will keep our defenders on our toes and Dalot is the one most prone to a lapse in concentration or a loose pass.

Can see AWB getting his place back quite quickly or a new more focused RB being bought next summer or even Jan

RuudTom83

Silver lining being...his weakness will now be targeted by every team in the league, giving him lots of opportunities to save attempted chips/lobs every half.

All about balance, 5 yards further back and he saves it. Thanks to RC Lens for teaching him a lesson in a pointless preseason match.

NLunited

Silver lining being...his weakness will now be targeted by every team in the league, giving him lots of opportunities to save attempted chips/lobs every half.

All about balance, 5 yards further back and he saves it. Thanks to RC Lens for teaching him a lesson in a pointless preseason match.
You mean Dalot‘s weakness? It takes willful ignorance to blame this on a gk.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling

Teaching him a lesson?

He's not gonna change his style of play because he conceded one goal.

RuudTom83

Teaching him a lesson?

He's not gonna change his style of play because he conceded one goal.
Like i said it's "All about balance" its a nice reminder before the season kicks off that the defence can make a mistake...a few yards back and he saves it.

Nothing I said is suggesting he completely changes his style haha.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Like i said it's "All about balance" its a nice reminder before the season kicks off that the defence can make a mistake...a few yards back and he saves it.

Nothing I said is suggesting he completely changes his style haha.
He'd have to be more than a "few" yards back it he was to save that; he'd have to be back in his box. Then we're back to square one with having a keeper too deep. So he would be changing his style.

I just don't get the fuss with this goal, I got to be honest. He's where he was because we wanted a keeper who's capable of basically being the 11th outfield player when we have possession in this area. If the opposition had possession of the ball in this area and he was standing where he was, then that's a different story. But in this specific instance, his positioning was fine.

It was just an incredibly well struck shot.

Alemar

He made a couple of very good saves yesterday, his shot stopping is more than Ok so far, contrary to the expectations of some fans earlier.

RuudTom83

He'd have to be more than a "few" yards back it he was to save that; he'd have to be back in his box. Then we're back to square one with having a keeper too deep. So he would be changing his style.

I just don't get the fuss with this goal, I got to be honest. He's where he was because we wanted a keeper who's capable of basically being the 11th outfield player when we have possession in this area. If the opposition had possession of the ball in this area and he was standing where he was, then that's a different story. But in this specific instance, his positioning was fine.

It was just an incredibly well struck shot.
Cool, like I said, I'm talking a few yards and plenty of practice now that teams will have seen the goal/mistake (whatever you want to call it) from yesterday.

Not advocating for him to be rooted to his goal line all game...I don't think anyone is.

But we can agree to disagree...generally I think he had a good game and is very watchable, but the goal was avoidable imo.

Last edited:

El Zoido

Reminds me of when De Gea first joined and the British media made this bizarre claim that he was poor at saving shots from a distance, and then for the first couple of months teams were constantly taking 35 yard potshots at him.

RuudTom83

Reminds me of when De Gea first joined and the British media made this bizarre claim that he was poor at saving shots from a distance, and then for the first couple of months teams were constantly taking 35 yard potshots at him.
Exactly...I think Spurs were very guilty of that tactic in the following game (if I remember correctly)

IRN-BRUno

I'm glad he seems to be a very strong character. There's no doubt that there's going to be huge noise across the media if he makes a mistake early on. And that will happen, I haven't seen any of the pre-season matches or even a clip of yesterday's goal so no idea who was at fault but it's to be expected. He needs to get used to playing alongside a new group of players, learn their strengths/weaknesses and vice versa. It might cost us a few goals at the start of the season but in the long-run there's an obvious benefit.

surf

Already been lobbed twice in a few pre-season games. Not saying it's his fault but a problem the team needs to solve. Hopefully they're getting it out of their system before league day 1. You don't see it happen much to Alisson or Ederson.

NLunited

Cool, like I said, I'm taking a few yards and plenty of practice now that teams will have seen the goal/mistake (whatever you want to call it) from yesterday.

Not advocating for him to be rooted to his goal line all game...I don't think anyone is.

But we can agree to disagree...generally I think he had a good game and is very watchable, but the goal was avoidable imo.
Definitely, Dalot could have passed it to a teammate.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
While I agree him coming off his line will help prevent more chances that’s a poor example because he could’ve caught it if he’d stayed in his box.
And the striker could just about have controlled it with his foot if he was a yard faster. Coming out is quite high risk.

Roothless1970

Hi, all I'm a newbie here, I wanted to share this where it will be seen so I can get some feedback, I made it up at the weekend. Sorry if it's not in the right place but I can't find a chants thread.

To the tune of Fu-Gee-La by the Fugees

Onana na
It's the shots that he stops
When he's doing his thing

Onana na
Gonna keep us clean sheets
Make the fans chant and sing

Oonana na Onana na na na na sing
He's the G king

Hope you like it, would love to hear it at OT