Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Only positive from this start to the season

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Why are we now playing this stupid long ball crap when we finally have a keeper who can help in build up play.
You can't always play from the back, especially against a very high pressing team. Part of the appeal in Onana is that he also has a good long ball in him, so against teams that play high it's worth going long at time.

But we also have to be extra careful playing from the back with the personnel. AWB isn't that comfortable building from the back, heck even our midfield does look suspect in that aspect. But I do agree we've gone a bit too long for my liking.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
That ball to Garnacho was something. Too bad the kid didn't make much of it, could have been an assist.

abailey123

This lad is going to be a huge fan favourite. Basically calling out his forwards in the interview here - love it

Baneofthegame

Only positive from the match for me, played some amazing passes, no chance with either goal, made some good saves and claimed a good few balls which didn’t make me have a heart attack.

Ace of Spades

You can't always play from the back, especially against a very high pressing team. Part of the appeal in Onana is that he also has a good long ball in him, so against teams that play high it's worth going long at time.

But we also have to be extra careful playing from the back with the personnel. AWB isn't that comfortable building from the back, heck even our midfield does look suspect in that aspect. But I do agree we've gone a bit too long for my liking.
I get that, but we just stopped trying. Why are we now focusing on transition rather than possession.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I get that, but we just stopped trying. Why are we now focusing on transition rather than possession.
I think it's due to personnel. I believe Ten Hag gave up dream of complete control and focus on transition because that's the cards he's been dealt with. Our best players are best suited for transition football(Bruno, Rashford, Casemiro, etc) and when asked to control games against decent team it's almost impossible due to how loose and careless with the ball they are. I mean how does any team control games with Bruno giving the ball away attempting simple passes or him never being patient at all and always looking to bomb it forward regardless of outcome. Then you have Rashford who is best attacking spaces and in transition.

So it's a tough situation Ten Hag is in.

Diego_Milito

Supports
FC Internazionale
He's class ..... the only issue is he's possibly the most dangerous player in United's attack ....

Our best signing so far. I think teams will stop trying to press us so hard with him there. Shift Rashford out wide and get him firing some of those passes to him.

flameinthesun

Had a great game despite the loss. Still not using him as much as we should on the ball. The team need to be a bit braver in their positioning and receiving of the ball.

RuudTom83

He is wonderful to watch.

Sadly (as per usual) I expect his form to decrease steadily until he’s at the mediocre level of the rest of team.

While it last, I will enjoy it fully.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Why are we now playing this stupid long ball crap when we finally have a keeper who can help in build up play.
If you do the same thing every time the opposition know what you're going to do and can easily shut it down, accurate long balls are never wrong

Sylar

Some good saves. But seeing him claim a few chances and nullify them was good. Pretty much couldnt do anything regarding the two goals nor the double shot that hit the post / bar.

Really hope we get to a better level or I have a feeling united as a whole may drag down his performances over time

Dannn411

Only player I was happy with today. We finally have our long-term modern keeper.

CloneMC16

At least we signed this man. He has the mentality, confidence, and skill level to be a United player. It's a shame a lot of his teammates are not at that level.

Revan

Assumptionman
He is a cool motherfecker. His passing is very nonchalant but really good.

Together with Varane, easily our two best players in these two matches.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
The one bright spark and I think he will keep getting better. I know all his playing attributes are great but the thing I love most is he has an attitude and character to him.

TsuWave

how does a serious team not make something happen from here:

wtf :houllier:

CloneMC16

What did he say?
He talked about there being more than one half in football. We did well in the first half and created chances. Problem was that we didn't score. If we scored goals in the first half, it changes the game. Pretty much said we were wasteful and that cost us.

Found the quotes here:

He did also say that he looks at himself for the goals conceded. I like that mentality. Not always passing blame off to teammates.

Last edited:

redshaw

He's absolutely wasted on this United team.

I just hope with Hojlund, Rashford back on the left we can actually finish off some of his distributions.