View full 2023-24 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Woodenlung

On a positive note, it's clear that we don't really have to worry about being dispossessed close to our own goal any more. Onana is incredible with the ball at his feet. Arsenal and now Bayern have given up trying to press him because they're so afraid he'll exploit the gaps they leave. The negative is the goal he conceded.

Not too worried overall. I already think he's significantly better than the last few seasons we got from De Gea.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Bad mistake and also think he should do better for the 4th goal and come off his line

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Bad mistake but made some decent saves, like the team in general he needs time.

SuperiorXI

Aside from the mistake he made some good saves that kept the scoreline respectable and gave us some dynamism in our play to get up the pitch. Clear improvement on De Gea, and I was a big fan of De Gea.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Hes pretty shite at shot stopping but hey he passes very well....
Made a few good saves.

We were comfortable with the ball in an away CL game and he was a big part of that. Shame about the mistake which was a defining moment in the game.

Sylar

He made some good saves, some good passes but it doesn't matter because his blunder is basically game changing.

jesperjaap

Can't defend him anymore because that was pathetic.
YOu cant defend him anymore after six games?

YOu have the patience of a saint, saint inpatient!!

I mean in summary, so far he has been good with his feet and pretty shite with his hands, but come on now, writing a new signing off adtere six games is ridiculous.

We have seen the likes of Vidic and Evra start of terribly at the club in the past.

Personally I always thought Onana was an average keeper with great feet, which is what I hate about modern keeper obsession. The likes of Alisson and Ederson are very good keepers as well as there feet, so I wasnt super confident in Onana as a signing, but lets give thes guys a chance

Erictheking7

From the trawler in front of the seagulls.........
I thought we picked the wrong keeper when we went for him instead of Costa mainly because Costa looked the more rounded of the two. I was happy to give him the benefit of the doubt due to his performance in the ECL final and his fantastic footwork. Let's be honest here guys, he's not good enough.

Kostov

It looks like another transfer dud. Bayern needed a GK but also had other needs, look what have they done? They didn’t splash 50m on a gk did they, had their priorities straight and that’s what we should have done.

Greck

This is the type of keeper you need when you can actually keep the damn ball longer than a couple seconds. If not the trade-off loses its effectiveness and might as well have De gea there.

RuudTom83

Aye aye aye Onano :(

United should of won that game tonight, he just needed to have an error free match.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Where are the posters who were raving about him and criticising DDG at the start of the season? I bet you feel silly now.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Luxury player. You need a great defensive unit higher up the pitch to carry a keeper who wants to sweep and play football.

We aren't ready for an Onana, and he's not good enough a shot-stopper to play in this current United team.

I think this could get uglier sadly. We've got a big job to make these players fitter and a better defensive unit.

tomaldinho1

Before the error I was genuinely amazed how good he was just pinging it around and we really were in control of that game. I’m a fan, as long as that is a howler and we’re done for the season with big errors that’s fine but it will be worrying if he has got the dreaded ‘mistake in him’ keeper curse.

Andersons Dietician

Tell you what props to him for coming out to speak and owning up to his mistake. Wasn’t a great day for him, don’t really trust him but still deserves time.

Matt851

Where are the posters who were raving about him and criticising DDG at the start of the season? I bet you feel silly now.
To be fair, we were right to get rid of de gea but could be a mistake to replace him with onana. Particularly when raya was available on loan

abkmufc92

You could see from all his clips online that his saving ability is shite but you all ignored that and only cared for his passing, you got what you wanted and should be happy with his performances.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
This is why players shouldn’t be signed based on who’s currently hot on social media hype. Another failure in the making.
He was signed because he previously played for ETH for 5 years. Otherwise, we would've surely gone with a less expensive option.