View full 2023-24 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Castia

Did you watch him much for Ajax and Inter? How was he? Can't say I've ever seen him, but to spend £60m he mustve been good at one point
Had good moments at Ajax but in his last season he was making errors every other week. Then he got banned

Hes always got a mistake in him

gaffs

I knew some brainless turd would try and make this argument.

a) DDG needed to be replaced
b) it shouldn’t have been hard to find an upgrade
c) we fecked up that simple task.

I mean, you don’t need to follow the club very closely to know that all three of these things can be true at once.
The manager fecked up on the task.

You make a signing, and it turns out to be shit, then fair play, it happens. SAF made many. Most transfers turn out to be failures to be fair.

But when you bring a goalkeeper from your former club, the manager has to wear that one.

Conor

He could come and get that. It bounced twice. He is reluctant to come and claim anything.

Maybe since the mistake against Wolves or getting lobbed in pre season.

He put himself in no mans land for the third. Was easy to chip then he fell back. Stand up ffs.

The one where he dived out to the cross and just got a tip to it rather than catching it looked so amature.
He can't come and get it, it has bounced at the edge of the box and he has 2 players(one being ours) between him and the ball, it would be nuts to do that.

Cantonalegod

How? Other than the mistake against Bayern and falling for the dummy against Forest he has done nothing wrong, the pass tonight was poor but Lindelof shouldnt have passed it back to him in the first place.
Are you being serious?

He gets 30 or 40 passes back to him like that every game.

He basically lay on the deck for the 4 foot high chip over him for the third goal.

Cost us the Casemiro Red, he has cost us both champions league games on his own.

This guy is a clown.

If Bayindir is not ready we need to bring Heaton in, not spectacular, but reliable.

You need to read the room!

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The manager fecked up on the task.

You make a signing, and it turns out to be shit, then fair play, it happens. SAF made many. Most transfers turn out to be failures to be fair.

But when you bring a goalkeeper from your former club, the manager has to wear that one.
If the manager is allowed to sign such an obviously inadequate player without being challenged then the whole football operation is dysfunctional. See also Wout Weghorst.

James35

He is not brilliant is he. His shot stopping is very mediocre. The passing will improve with confidence but he is not great at stopping shots, I don’t care about stats I’m using my eyes.

Oranges038

He wasnt at fault for any of the goals tonight
All 3 were his fault and we should bash him at every chance and cry and beg for DDG to come back and rescue us from this nightmare.

Just a bunch of cry babies looking to plunge all the blame onto one player.

PoTMS

Only United could spend £50m on a keeper worse than De Gea. You just have to laugh. Can we sell him back to Inter for £25m?

gaffs

He is not brilliant is he. His shot stopping is very mediocre. The passing will improve with confidence but he is not great at stopping shots, I don’t care about stats I’m using my eyes.
He's not. Made a couple of decent ones at Bayern, post howler, but nothing any other keeper wouldnt have saved.

Massive net negative this season.

GwynnieJ

Onana = Taibi

Kitchen sink at Diogo Costa like we should have done in the first place

redshaw

He does look too heavy and slow and lacking in concentration more than any year I've seen him. For another team playing a tight game he could be great with his passing but something about him coming here he seems very casual and heavy, probably expecting our defence to see most of the issues out, we need a much more athletic keeper on high alert. We've gone from one extreme to another and appears the backup is very lacklustre and likely to cave under the pressure.

It's hard to see a future here unless he can transform his all round fitness. I can't see our outfield players transforming quickly enough to utilize his strengths and mask his weaknesses. An improvement on De Gea was needed but a more all round one at this time.

saivet

Maybe I'm harsh but his positioning looked off for their first goal. I knew the stats and highlights at Inter showed he was an average shot stopper but I think he's worse that I thought he would be. Issue is that we concede plenty of shots on goal and don't dominate in a way that his weakness can be masked.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I’m way less concerned about the poor pass, obviously it’s disastrous for the outcome of the game but I’ve seen every single top keeper do that more than once.

The more worrying thing is his lack of presence 1v1.

RedDevilQuebecois

Most useless pile of burning trash I have ever seen playing in goal as a designated number 1 for Manchester United. Do you know how bad you have to be to fall behind the likes of Mark Bosnich, Roy Carroll, Tim Howard and Ben Foster in my esteem, on the list of lesser known goalkeepers who all assumed the spot for some time?

Diego_Milito

Supports
FC Internazionale
17 fecking goals in 9 matches
He is not good enough, it’s simple as that

17 fecking goals :mad:
I think it's more like the case of Man United making him bad.
Lev Yashin reincarnated would look bad here.
Onana is good, he was fantastic for us last season.
Give any keeper a defence like yours and he'll be doomed

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Drop him.

The performances aren’t good enough for United.

If I did my job as shite as he does his, I’d be sacked.

fallengt

Well that was disaster class that on pair with DDG's villareal
To think that David Raya was solid enough and cheaper....

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
So he was supposed to be this great long passer but all he has done so far is to hoof the ball like De Gea used to do. Worse at shot stopping than De Gea and unluckily for him we dont have Martinez fit for his play from the back football.

I found it funny when penalty was missed and replays were on, the moment it switched to live football, opposition team GK had the ball. We gave away possession cheaply after going down to 10 men and then all our so called attack started by GK was just hoofing it forward. At this moment, Onana is more of an irritating figure than reassuring figure at the back

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He genuinely might as well run to the side of the pitch and have a chat with Maguire when someone's running through for a 1 Vs 1.

He had zero presence in net.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
He's cost us both CL games this season. The competition he was supposed to excel in.

Also him running back from the corner was hilarious.

He looks so out of his depth at us. There's too much demand/scrutiny.

jem

I mean he obviously can't be this bad, but my god does he need some time out of the firing line. His confidence just looks absolutely shot.

Blood Mage

A contender for one of our worst post-Fergie signings already. And he's facing some stiff competition for that title.

Red71

That record is so bad, it is almost unbelievable.

He is a hefty lad that seems to have little or no athleticism. He looks like the chunky lad at school who isn’t mobile enough to play outfield so you stick him in goal.

He just doesn’t pass the eye test on all the things a goalie should be good at. Everything from command of the area, to one on one’s and even shot stopping are bang average. Now that he’s not passing the ball around like Scholsey, which was supposedly he’s best attribute, is his average goalkeeping ability sustainable?

We needed a large, mobile, athletic goalie who is great at the fundamentals but also decent with his feet. There were a number of those that we should have been talking to in the summer but somehow, we decided that this fella was the man. I don’t know if this is on Erik, the scouting team, the fecking glazers or a combination of all 3 but however you slice it, we’ve shot ourselves in the balls again…shades of Bravo is right!

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
So, he is going to be contender of our worst ever keeper signing?

Sad to say, its either him or Taibi.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Like yeah, if he'd made 17 errors that led to goals that might mean something.
We're constantly giving up good opportunities because we're awful defensively as a team at the moment. It's daft to put all that on the keeper, even if you feel he should be doing better.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Maybe I'm harsh but his positioning looked off for their first goal. I knew the stats and highlights at Inter showed he was an average shot stopper but I think he's worse that I thought he would be. Issue is that we concede plenty of shots on goal and don't dominate in a way that his weakness can be masked.
Yeah I mean it's a perfect storm of shit. He's made some costly errors that have clearly affected his confidence, which is then snowballing along with our general back 5 in front of him being shaky at best majority of matches.

Sort of have to stick with him though and hope he shakes it off and can get some good matches under his belt. Because right now it's... not good.

city-puma

Everyone knows we overpaid but this is not the right level. Hope he can recover from those mistakes. But can he?