View full 2023-24 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Bobski

Been pretty good after that bad spell, like how assertive he is aerially. Ball playing has been well below what was advertised but at the moment Utd are only about results.

Malone_Post

A couple of really good saves. That one in the second half reminded me of DDG’s from Henderson all those years ago at Anfield.

binary bot
It's taken massive balls to get through that spell and still be so confident on the ball. It's just such a shame we can't use his talents more yet.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
It will go under discussed because we won but, just like against Luton, Onana pulled off a few saves today that kept us ahead. The saves he's been making will give the back four confidence. That's a good thing for everyone.

RuudTom83

All the noise dying down around the team a little...what happens when you just leave the players alone to sort it out.

Onana is made of the right stuff and he is showing it, just needs to keep ticking along and the team will climb the table.

NZT-One

Good to see him stabilize and rack up some saves to build up confidence. Hope that we find a way to coach him away from this spilling balls into dangerous areas thing.

RedIan

Quietly turned from a hopeless to a very solid keeper. Really good again today. That save from the swerving shot was top drawer.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Been pretty good after that bad spell, like how assertive he is aerially. Ball playing has been well below what was advertised but at the moment Utd are only about results.
I’m convinced it’s a Ten Hag direction for him to be going long so much. Annoying but because we have 0 midfielders that can take the ball on the turn I think he’d rather just boot it long than risk it.

Irwin99

Again, encouraging signs of improvement. I don't think his passing has been bad but when we get a settled team it'll be better and the long kicks will probably be less frequent. I keep saying it but the Arsenal defeat earlier in the season gave us a glimpse of how good he could be in that regard when teams try to press him and having Martinez there again will be good for him.

Stig

He's an absolute liability and a clown.

He's being praised for making a couple of saves that any top goal keeper should make.

They way he dithers and messes about on the ball and continually plays us into trouble is ridiculous.

We need to accept our limitations and boot it straight up the pitch. I don't care if it's route one Wimbledom, that is the standard and confidence we have at the back, so just get rid if it, and less of this absolute nonsense at the back.

Oranges038

He's being praised for making a couple of saves that any top goal keeper should make.

They way he dithers and messes about on the ball and continually plays us into trouble is ridiculous.

We need to accept our limitations and boot it straight up the pitch. I don't care if it's route one Wimbledom, that is the standard and confidence we have at the back, so just get rid if it, and less of this absolute nonsense at the back.
Yeah and we had people bang on about a certain guy making routine saves about how they were saves only he could make. Now, we have a keeper making saves and he's a clown because he's pretty much done that exact same thing today and the lasr few games.

Onana has been solid lately, made some good saves and generally been less of a liability than he was during the start of the season.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

What a bizarre post.

tomaldinho1

I searched for the white text for a long time on this one.

Castia

He’s actually impressing me more with his saves than his kicking which I don’t think has been all that good. Very surprising

Alemar

Very good performance. Made several good saves, 2 or 3 crosses punched/claimed, no mistakes. Solid game

Red00012

Have an early night and let’s hope you feel better in the morning

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
His main job as a goalkeeper is to keep the ball out of the net, he did that part well today, passing out from the back was a bit on the slow side at times and he played a few in to poor positions, but overall he was OK today

kundalini

Good performance, decent saves in the first half, helped out by Mainoo and Lindelof clearing off the line.

Doesn't seem to have established a relationship with any of our attackers, given the number of medium to long range passes that either go straight to the opposition, out of play or are won easily by an opponent.

Ballache

Supports
Martial

Woaaah tell us how you really feel.

Anyway, another solid performance and I think his passing will get better once (if) we have a settled team and people are back from injuries.

The Oracle

Kicking aside a solid performance from him today.

What I like about him the most is that he shows bravery... dives at the feet of the attacker to claim the ball and isn't afraid to do so.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

:lol:

neon_badger

His distribution could improve but I think that's just as much to do with the ever changing outfield players he's expected to find and a lack of any sort of coherent system, I'm confident now he's settling into the club well see an improvement with his passing, particularly if like today we have a goal cushion that allows a more risky style of play.

AdNani

I absolutely love him, what a character and leader. He’s been rock solid since the Bayern mistake.

Lentwood

Onana follows a long line of goalkeepers to have a horrible start to his United career.

Much more encouraging lately. Seems to be growing into the role. Few solid saves today and I liked how he dealt with Everton's attempts to stick the ball right on top of him. That tactic used to cause havoc with DDG in goal, Onana dealt with it fine

Stig

Do you lot not spend every moment in a state of absolute panic when we are taping the ball around at the back trying to play out, but just getting closer and closer to a calamity ?

AdNani

Do you lot spend every moment in a state of absolute panic when we are taping the ball around at the back trying to play out, but just getting closer and closer to a calamity ?
No

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Do you lot not spend every moment in a state of absolute panic when we are taping the ball around at the back trying to play out, but just getting closer and closer to a calamity ?
With Onana at the back? Never. And, worst case scenario, if he needs to punt it long he'll punt it long. But when he has the ball at his feet he's so composed that if our players were just able to get into some decent bloody space for him he could probably find them.

Add to that some of the saves he's been making, how he's more than happy to come off his line to take a cross, and I'm writing his name down (in pencil) as the best signing we've had from Ten Hag.

nemanja15

He’s so good at baiting a press and drawing a team out on to us, even one not fully committed or known for it, like Everton today. When we’re more coordinated as a team and finding the right spaces and triggers, he’ll look even better.