View full 2023-24 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

RopersReturn

So how come he was vastly superior last season playing for Inter, could it be anything to do with a more effective coaching schedule, does Inter a have better GK coach than we do, it just seems strange that he’s lost the plot?

CoopersDream

So how come he was vastly superior last season playing for Inter, could it be anything to do with a more effective coaching schedule, does Inter a have better GK coach than we do, it just seems strange that he’s lost the plot?
Was he though? He was very good in the Champions League obviously, but wasn't particularly good in the league last year. This year he just seems to have switched the competetion where he is good.

Bwuk

He cost us this group.

Scoring goals isn’t the issue. We’ve scored 3 in each of our away games.

Oranges038

For the first one, I do have some sympathy for him, the state of that wall and those players just allowing the Galatasaray payers to stand right in his eye line. We've seen lots of keepers get done like that from there, it happens. But it was poor.

Second one, was just shocking. No idea what he's doing there, look like some sort of weird diving punch he's trying. Just catch the fupping ball.

Third one, he didn't stand a chance really, well controlled and a superb hit to finish it. Quality goal that one.

All in all, another year and another keeper doing his bit to get Utd knocked out of Europe.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
For the first one, I do have some sympathy for him, the state of that wall and those players just allowing the Galatasaray payers to stand right in his eye line. We've seen lots of keepers get done like that from there, it happens. But it was poor.

Second one, was just shocking. No idea what he's doing there, look like some sort of weird diving punch he's trying. Just catch the fupping ball.

Third one, he didn't stand a chance really, well controlled and a superb hit to finish it. Quality goal that one.

All in all, another year and another keeper doing his bit to get Utd knocked out of Europe.
He should have set out the wall differently. They rely on him to make sure its secure.

Dempsey19

I wouldn't give him the chance to cut these mistakes out. Ship him out to anyone willing to take a GK who treats the ball as molten lava.

I'd honestly trust Heaton on goal over this bluffer.

This guy seriously pissed me off tonight.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Rated him. But he's making far too many mistakes for a 27 year old keeper. Consistency is one of the most important goalkeeper traits, and while individually he has a lot of very good qualities, he's not consistent. And that kills teams. Consistency when wearing a United shirt is always a question mark for any signing, and I'm not too optimistic here anymore.

Alemar

He played badly on Icardi goal as well. Yes, it was 3 millimetres offside so correctly disallowed, but Onana shouldn’t have stood on his line considering the distance. He should have closed the distance after icardi entered the box

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Its the pressure. Its the only thing it can be. With each mistake he's starting to overthink everything and it just spirals out of control. I feel for him but the coach has got to give him some time off in my opinion and allow him to get his head straight.

El Zoido

All for show.
Why would it be for show? You think he likes constantly making embarrassing mistakes in front of millions of people? Or that he actually wants his team to keep losing and doesn’t care?

Camilo

He's blowing it. Dave should be back in the team to challenge him.

Trex

Why would it be for show? You think he likes constantly making embarrassing mistakes in front of millions of people? Or that he actually wants his team to keep losing and doesn’t care?
He should show it by working harder in training, mentally prepare better. Not by doing a bit of drama.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Frustrating. He was finding form but he has essentially cost us Champions League this season. Jury remains very much out on him.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
He's so shit it defies belief that we spent so much money on him. You can't build anything with someone like him in goal when you never know if he's just going to randomly ship 3 shit goals in one match.

Alemar

He should show it by working harder in training, mentally prepare better.
What he needs to work on is HANDLING. Isn’t it something that could be coached (to an extent at least)?

Unam333

Its the pressure. Its the only thing it can be. With each mistake he's starting to overthink everything and it just spirals out of control. I feel for him but the coach has got to give him some time off in my opinion and allow him to get his head straight.
Yup. Like Antony, he needs time off.

statpadder

I like him as a character and his foot work is second to none, but those mistakes, tonight and against Bayern especially, are just indefensible. And I am still of the opinion that Dave 100% needed replacing. People can say that he'd have saved this or that shot, but our playing from the back would still be terrible. Love him, but he was done here.
Dave needed replacing but it wasn’t a priority now. People made DDG the scapegoat for us having no control of the game which as it appears wasn’t the case at all.

We have replaced a keeper who used to single handedly win us games with a keeper who is single handedly getting us out of the CL.

No matter how you want to put it, we have not benefitted 1% by having a ball playing keeper and it’s been a howler of a decision.

It’s because you need technical players all over the field who are good in tight spaces and then you can bring in a keeper who also excels with the ball. We went the other way round.

Spent a massive 50m of our very limited transfer kitty and have actually ended up worse than before football wise. It’s a clusterfeck of a decision and Inter would be laughing for years.

arthurka

That's enough Onana for me. Taibi was booted out the club for less. If he was at City, Pep would throw him out next window.
Taibi played 4 matches and conceded 11 goals this clown has conceded 14 goals in 5 matches in the CL. Enough is enough.

tomaldinho1

I think it has to be - when you think of both errors, it's simply forsaking the basics.

On a freekick, the whole point of the wall is you cover one side of the goal and then you essentially challenge the fk taker to get it over the wall and right in the corner if they want to score. All keepers move to the other side a little in anticipation but it was a really rookie wall setup, anyone could see roughly where Ziyech would aim for.

For the other goal, it's like he's trying to anticipate someone getting a touch. Goalkeeping 101 is you just track the flight of the ball and if someone gets a touch and it goes in, it's not your fault given the proximity. In this case it was his fault because he could have simply collected the ball quite routinely.

Heinzesight

He fumbles the ball consistently, saves shots with his forearms a lot of the time, looks flat footed, can’t seem to get down quickly or get any decent height when jumping, palms shots back into the danger area, can’t set up a wall properly, fails to hold on to a simple catch, the list goes on. Just does not look good in any department.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
There was a nothing special but a better than Onana GK available in the summer for 20m. He went to Arsenal.

Murtough madness and ETH masterclass.

JediSith

Taibi played 4 matches and conceded 11 goals this clown has conceded 14 goals in 5 matches in the CL. Enough is enough.
But could Taibi play out from the back and was he the losing team in a CL final’s best player that Pep identified as the biggest threat?

FromTheBench

Dont know whether to blame ten hag or scouting department but hes been shit. Doesnt improve us in anyway really in this state.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
There was a nothing special but a better than Onana GK available in the summer for 20m. He went to Arsenal.

Murtough madness and ETH masterclass.
No he isn't. He is equally bad. Onana may not be the answer but it's laughable to bring an equally crap one to the discussion