View full 2023-24 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

RoyH1

Never seen a goalkeeper concede so many soft goals while, inexplicably, none of them apparently being his fault.

Was obvious since September he isn’t good enough.
I know we United fans are loyal to a fault with our players. But with Onana we’re really taking to the next level. He’s clearly not a top tier keeper. His last season at Inter was a freak

Dwight Corke

- Delays arrival at national team camp to flop in goal for his club
- Arrives at camp 3 hours before kick-off
- Throws tantrum when not selected
- Reinstated at the expense of his cousin who arrived on time and didn't do much wrong
- Flops

What a Jan 2024 for our first choice gk.

His attitude has derailed les Lions Indomitables. It would have been better if he remained in international retirement.He's regressed since moving to England and Fecafoot rue begging him to return.

FerociousCorgis

3rd goal showing his lack of technique yet again. He just doesnt take the right foot movement to get any sort of power on his dive. Literally just flopping slowly. Needs to spend the foreseeable future with a GK coach who just drills the basics in to him.

Katy Cat

It's going to be interesting to see what ETH's replacement (assuming there is one of course: I expect INEOS will replace him) does - he's v obviously not a top keeper and is only here based on his time at Ajax and the hype that developed around Inter's Champions League run.

Stadjer

Never seen a goalkeeper concede so many soft goals while, inexplicably, none of them apparently being his fault.

Was obvious since September he isn’t good enough.
Never seen a goalkeeper blamed for every goal he conceded, even when the best goalkeepers in history would be proud if they prevented some of those goals that Onana has conceded.

saivet

I think he's a mediocre keeper but I also think his criticisms do border on nitpicking.

That said when you're signed for big money and there are big expectations you don't want every goal you concede to be thinking "a top keeper might have saved that or done better".

Right now, even when he's not making howlers he's just not standing out for anything in particular. It sort of reminds me of Kepa when he wasn't making clangers but any half decent effort was resulting in a goal.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I don’t understand why some are defending him on the first goal. It’s a textbook example of what @Sassy Colin was talking about previously.
He comes out through a crowd of players, punches and doesn’t catch, but he punches it right to the edge of the area in a central position that says to the opposition attackers “no please, after you! Have a shot on my goal!”
An @TrustInJanuzaj no one’s laughing. We’re all crying because it’s basic keeping 101, he does it time and time again and he just isn’t very good at it!

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I don’t understand why some are defending him on the first goal. It’s a textbook example of what @Sassy Colin was talking about previously.
He comes out through a crowd of players, punches and doesn’t catch, but he punches it right to the edge of the area in a central position that says to the opposition attackers “no please, after you! Have a shot on my goal!”
An @TrustInJanuzaj no one’s laughing. We’re all crying because it’s basic keeping 101, he does it time and time again and he just isn’t very good at it!
When you look for issues that aren’t there that’s a you problem. Seems common in this thread.

Plant0x84

When you look for issues that aren’t there that’s a you problem. Seems common in this thread.
What issues would those be? He is bereft of confidence, he’s not as good a shot stopper as DDG, he refuses to catch a fecking ball, he doesn’t command his area and he isn’t even playing his game and sweeping choosing instead to glue his ass to the goal line and dive in slow motion at most of the shots he faces.

NewDawnFades

What issues would those be? He is bereft of confidence, he’s not as good a shot stopper as DDG, he refuses to catch a fecking ball, he doesn’t command his area and he isn’t even playing his game and sweeping choosing instead to glue his ass to the goal line and dive in slow motion at most of the shots he faces.
That isn’t true at all, he does it all and more

Bwuk

Gives the impression off of someone who's desperate to be seen as a leader, and just isn't.

I think we'll swiftly move on from him under INEOS.

meninred

I watched some of his plays at Ajax. He is prone to mistakes shaky and unreliable. I dont know about his Inter milan days (But is only one year)
Great performance from someone who chartered his own plane to get to the game.

evil_geko

Proves that I’m not the only one seeing it.
It only proves that his bad start for United is clouding lots of people objective judgment where every goal he concedes gets overblown hugely. There is nothing about that goal.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
There are some people in this thread that seem far too obsessed with proving this guy to be rubbish. It's very weird.

:rolleyes: Clearly. Remind me, how many clean sheets does our African superman have?
It's been suggested by some crazy people that clean sheets aren't entirely down to the goalkeeper.
They sometimes even ask you about defensive performances in FM. Wild.

Piskin

Sadly there is more to come from him before the season is out. His technique is awful at this stage of his career.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Gives the impression off of someone who's desperate to be seen as a leader, and just isn't.

I think we'll swiftly move on from him under INEOS.
We will move on from him depending if our current/next manager makes it top priority or not, and not INEOS.

I swear some of you think INEOS will solve everything in the space of two months.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
He doesn’t seem to step and dive to get any distance to it, his dives are basically where he’s stood only a lying down shape

mu4c_20le

Doesn't feel like a confidence issue anymore, he has the reaction speed of a stoner

Plant0x84

There are some people in this thread that seem far too obsessed with proving this guy to be rubbish. It's very weird.

It's been suggested by some crazy people that clean sheets aren't entirely down to the goalkeeper.
They sometimes even ask you about defensive performances in FM. Wild.
I don’t fully understand the point here, but the fact that he’s been shite all season for United, and is now being shite for his NT points to it not being the teams at fault?