View full 2023-24 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Roboc7

Totally agree he installs a nervousness around the team, he’s just shite and let’s not kid ourselves.
Yeah he lacks any authority or command of his area and technically he just looks really poor. I initially thought give him another season but struggling to see how that can be allowed to happen.

Oranges038

The ball went through the legs of Varane. Vision blocked. There's no way Onana was getting that.
How is he supposed to save that? There is no keeper in the world that would have saved it
Of course he can save it, he's just positioned himself poorly, he's gambling that Neto is going far post. Just look a the gap he leaves near post. You could drive a fecking truck in there.

Litch

Literally this. If this was Bayandir people would just say it was an average game. The keeper can’t be a hero or villain every game.

Can’t do much for any of the goals, he did also make the complete fluke, but still good, face save at point blank which no one seems to conveniently remember.
Hes the new Fred....he'll be blamed for global warming next. Might not be DDG but people blaming him for the goals is nonsense.

Litch

Of course he can save it, he's just positioned himself poorly, he's gambling that Neto is going far post. Just look a the gap he leaves near post. You could drive a fecking truck in there.

Nope, not a keeper on the planet is saving that. Nothing wrong with his positioning, no keeper is anticipating the ball going through a players legs.

tomaldinho1

But no keeper does that if they have player cover there? What you’re asking him to do is just completely open up the far side of the goal for Neto to roll it in because you want the near post covered. It megs Varane and is a good strike, I can’t see any keeper getting it but you do you.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
On top of his shortcomings in actually saving shots, it's a real shame we still don't have a keeper who's dominant in the air. He's just as bad as De Gea in trying to claim crosses. And De Gea was shite at it.

David De Gea

How is he supposed to save that? There is no keeper in the world that would have saved it
The ball went through the legs of Varane. Vision blocked. There's no way Onana was getting that.
There's no way he's saving that from the position he decides to take up*

Even that might be a stretch because its not right in the corner. He's hopped to the other side a couple of times just before the ball is kicked then reacts far too late to change direction. He's almost closer to the other post at the moment the shot is struck.

erikcred

Conceeded 3 tonight but wasnt at fault for any of them, 1 was a pen and the other 2 were poor defending
He has to do something once in a while when the defence makes a mistake. What's the point of having a goalkeeper who's only good if the defence is perfect and he has no challenging saves to make. That just makes him a playmaker or something. Wait, I get it now.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
Unfortunately currently the type of goalkeeper who will get his manager the sack. Whether we make top four or not you just know our goal difference is gonna look crazy come the end of the season.

tomaldinho1

Hes the new Fred....he'll be blamed for global warming next. Might not be DDG but people blaming him for the goals is nonsense.
Yeah it’s weird, especially after a win away which is as rare as a unicorn this season, that the same people come here so the awful takes.

Waynne

Just criticized this guy in the post match thread and it got labelled blind hatred :lol:

Oh well we really should stick with Onana going forward. He's doing a great job. No need to bring in any other goalkeepers. :rolleyes:

UpWithRivers

He's a fkn lamppost. He's just hiding like McTominay passing. Sure you can say did nothing wrong but doing nothing but standing there like a lamppost is doing something wrong. No proactivity, no correct positioning, no judging danger. Just stands there and hopes the ball smacks him in the face

Oranges038

But no keeper does that if they have player cover there? What you’re asking him to do is just completely open up the far side of the goal for Neto to roll it in because you want the near post covered. It megs Varane and is a good strike, I can’t see any keeper getting it but you do you.
That doesn't even make any sense.

A keeper who is property positioned and ready to react saves that.

He's left a huge hole at his near post. He's clearly gambling on Neto going far post, he takes 2 little steps to his right. He's not even set himself to react to a shot.

MrWilliams

No keeper in the world is saving any of the goals today.

Onana isn’t good enough but I’m certain there’s a portion of CAF that never even cared for him to do well to begin with and are giddy when he doesn’t do well.

He’s not good enough, but I still want him to do well.

Oranges038

Just criticized this guy in the post match thread and it got labelled blind hatred :lol:

Oh well we really should stick with Onana going forward. He's doing a great job. No need to bring in any other goalkeepers. :rolleyes:
I've defended him on here. But as soon as I saw Neto cut in, I just knew he was going to get done near post.

RedRocket9908

He's left a huge hole at his near post. He's clearly gambling on Neto going far post, he takes 2 little steps to his right. He's not even set himself to react to a shot.
You are talking nonsence, no keeper saves that

tomaldinho1

Neither does blaming him for the 3rd goal but you’re giving it a fair old whack.