View full 2023-24 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Chinchy98

Conceeded 3 tonight but wasnt at fault for any of them, 1 was a pen and the other 2 were poor defending
Disagree. 3rd was poor, it was a foot inside the near post.

Wolves 2nd was weak.

Assaulted the Wolves player for the header cleared off the line by Licha.

I thought it was a really poor performance.

laughtersassassin

Nothing against him but he is proper useless isn't he?

You simply never expect him to save anything.

None of the goals seemed glaringly his fault but if it was Allison or someone in goal I highly doubt he concedes 3 tonight

Superunknown

He's the Alien Resurrection of goalkeepers. A complete disappointment and a wreck. It's like the ball wronged him in a past life and he is still suffering from PTSD in this one.

Abhinav

Horrible keeper. Our manager will still keep on picking him though. EtH deserves the sack for Onana’s signing alone.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He stinks sadly, how did he walk back into the side no questions asked. :lol:

Litch

Anyone blaming him for the last goal is fecking crazy....

Look-a-Hill

Bobbins and not even any fun. I've said before I'd be fine with errors if he was nutmegging folk on the half-way line like we were promised, but he just stands in the box watching the ball fly past him and occasionally decks a Wolves player.

CoopersDream

Did we not watch the same game?

My head is on mars at how he gets a free pass from some on here
Yes. I think it was well taken goals. He could probably have gotten closer to the third, but hard to blame him for it. It was a quite shaky performance, however, and was saved by Martinez at one point (and could have cost us a penalty in that same situation).

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Whilst he has no right to save any of those, the fact he never seems able to even fall in the direction the ball is going is really fecking frustrating.

He doesn’t have to be the world’s greatest shot stopper if he’s amazing at ball playing, but he also can’t just never save anything that isn’t rolling at him directly at a snails pace.

With Mason Mount and Antony, we’ve absolutely pissed away close to £200m.

Oranges038

Conceeded 3 tonight but wasnt at fault for any of them, 1 was a pen and the other 2 were poor defending
1 and 2 yeah, he's not got much chance.

But that third one, he's not even positioned properly or set for a shot. It was obvious as soon as Neto got the ball he was going to cut in and shoot. Onana expected it to go far post and totally fecked up, he should be saving that.

David De Gea

I wouldnt say he was at fault or any of the goals were howlers. At the same time he just doesn't seem to make those saves of the unexpected. I need to get another look at both but there's still hints of his poor technique and positioning in there.

For the corner goal he over commits to trying to pre-empt the shot rather than relying on reactions. Third goal his positioning looks very poor and so it leaves that massive gap and makes it look like it was impossible to get near it. If he had his angles right a top goalkeeper may get down for that.

Roboc7

More I see him the more I think he has to be replaced in the summer, just miles off the level of keeper we need.

slored1

One of the reasons we cannot ride momentum, fecks it up when he needs to lift the team up. Never comfortable with him in goal.

RedRocket9908

But that third one, he's not even positioned properly or set for a shot. It was obvious as soon as Neto got the ball he was going to cut in and shoot. Onana expected it to go far post and totally fecked up, he should be saving that.
How is he supposed to save that? There is no keeper in the world that would have saved it

Woziak

More I see him the more I think he has to be replaced in the summer, just miles off the level of keeper we need.
Totally agree he installs a nervousness around the team, he’s just shite and let’s not kid ourselves.

Someone

Something
He's just not a solid keeper. His positioning is off a lot, and his timing on crosses is terrible.

KjaAnd

Just a straight up poor keeper. Completely lacking the basics of goalkeeping. Why did he leave so much space at the near post for their 3rd goal? Bizarre. He also doesn't have great reflexes, nor does he inspire confidence in his teammates.

Unam333

The ball went through the legs of Varane. Vision blocked. There's no way Onana was getting that.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He looks on that goal just like O'Shea and Rio looked. Every his reaction (even saves) is unnatural. Positioning, diving, saves, rushing out....

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Absolutely useless. I’m sick to death of him, he’s was at fault for 2 of the goals and if it wasn’t for Lisandro saving him he wouldve conceded another.

just a tragic keeper.

tomaldinho1

Can't be blamed for any of the goals today. It was not a good performance, however.
Literally this. If this was Bayandir people would just say it was an average game. The keeper can’t be a hero or villain every game.

Can’t do much for any of the goals, he did also make the complete fluke, but still good, face save at point blank which no one seems to conveniently remember.