Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Weak hand for the second.

I don't know why keepers are trained to dive for those types of shots though. It leaves a big gap under the body. An outstretched leg is a surely a faster reaction.
it was too wide to get a leg to. That was actually a very difficult save to make. Too far out to get a foot to and so close it’s difficult to get a hand down to it quickly. Saying this as a keeper. Shots in that zone can make any keeper look bad.

Onana was excellent today and is becoming one of our better players.

Mmm-Qatarian

I genuinely need to stop coming into this thread.

The fact people are still critical after that says it all. The guy cannot fecking win with some of you because his name isn't David de Gea.

Mmm-Qatarian

Just gonna say something that will infuriate people here: De Gea in goal and we lose that 3-0.

mu4c_20le

I try to remind myself that its the bad times like that second goal that make the good saves look even better.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Seemed more assured today. The second goal looks bad but I don't blame him much for it.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
The 2nd is a maybe/ maybe not, nothing to be overly critical over.

On the ball in the second half he did my head in though.

Superunknown

I thought he did well today. Did well to keep the score down. Unlucky to consider 3 goals. It's unfortunate that the players in front of him are pure shite.

First half he was incredible. Dealing with aerial balls at ease.

Slightly more uncomfortable second half but i wouldn’t blame him for Foden’s goal.

He had too much time and space to pick out a finish.

AdNani

The fact people are still critical after that says it all. The guy cannot fecking win with some of you because his name isn't David de Gea.
The amount of micro analysing everything he does is staggering

Pickle85

Decent today. Immense in the first half but a bit weaker in the second. Weak wrists for their second but not an awful mistake. Far from our biggest problem today.

Chinchy98

Great game upto the 2nd for City, another in the should’ve done better catalogue

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Need to sacrifice more goats. Probably there are other types of demons left.

Manny

Grammar Police
Very good game. Some good saves, came out to grab corners and good passing out from the back. Can't ask for much more.

Rojofiam

Yeah, I don't know what I was expecting on here.

Onana could face 100 shots per game, he would still be criticized for not making the perfect dive 100 times.

If anything, this performance from him once again showed that we have the technical goalkeeper we needed as his pass selection has once again been great. 2 great performances against the best team in the world out of 3 encounters in the last 12 months.

Mmm-Qatarian

Besides not saving a Foden effort that probably results in a goal 95 times out of 100, I'd love to know what Onana actually did wrong today.

I could name plenty of things he did right, like the brilliant pass to Bruno for Rashford's goal amongst multiple others, the multiple saves made in the first half, and the multiple crosses claimed throughout the game. So what was it he did wrong?

Oranges038

it was too wide to get a leg to. That was actually a very difficult save to make. Too far out to get a foot to and so close it’s difficult to get a hand down to it quickly. Saying this as a keeper. Shots in that zone can make any keeper look bad.

Onana was excellent today and is becoming one of our better players.
Precisely. People criticising him for that haven't a fecking clue.

Probably his best all round performance so far this season.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
All things considered, that was one of Onana's best games for us. Did very well coming for aerials, which I wasn't expecting.

Sylar

8 shots on target faced. Our defence is allowing another 20+ shots at our goal.

Ridiculous.

He did well overall. Games like this we see more of his overall quality especially with the ball at his feet. If we had actual footballers fit for the badge in our team we might see more of that

Idxomer

He's a better keeper than Ederson and he made a mistake moving to United.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Surely a candidate for our MOTM. The second goal was a 50/50 and would under normal circumstances warrant some criticism. But not on an otherwise very good day.

Rojofiam

A lot of people need to realize that it's not Onana we should be relying on to be putting up all-timer shot-stopping performances on a weekly basis, in order for it to be sustainable to face 15-30 shots per game and still collect 3 points every week.

It's the team that should be preventing so many chances and shots conceded every game. That's why Ederson and Raya start for two of the best teams in the league (and the world). Their most important qualities are being good on the ball, being press-resistant and being good passers. Onana could get away with only being an alright shot stopper, just like the two players I mentioned do. And considering that Onana is a top 2 ball-player and passer in the whole league IMO (from GKs, obviously), I believe we might not need to change the goalkeeper for some time. At the very least, he deserves at least one more season as our number 1.