André Onana | signed for United | On a flight to NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanche7

Would Diogo Costa be a better signing as he's only 23, compared to Onana who is 27?

Mainoldo

Heston wants to leave and Vitek is still on loan for another season. We will need to bring in Someone else.
We can loan a keeper or pick one up for €4m I’m sure we will be fine with backup.

Crashoutcassius

Dreary me how often do folk have to explain on here. Read the 19 times folk have explained the situation as per verified sources. Onana was not deemed libel by Uefa and they accepted it was a mistake ( his wife was pregnant mix up of packets). If Uefa thought for a minute he was guilty he would have been banned for 4 years. He was libelled for being in charge of what went into his body though and reduced it to 12 months , Onana appealed and they reduced it to 9 months. I repeat it would have been 4 years. Social media character assassinations is not a court of fact. By the way I have no vested interest whether he comes or not. He will sign for Chelsea anyhows so no point in worrying about in the long run.
What the hell are you talking about social media assassinations hahahaha

TsuWave

Would Diogo Costa be a better signing as he's only 23, compared to Onana who is 27?
Keepers often play +35. Onana could well have more than a decade left.

Van Der Sar was 34 when he joined us

Syphon Wallet

That age is absolutely zero issue for a keeper
He also has champions league final experience and has worked with our manager before.

-Supreme-

£50m is a good price particularly when we should be able to sell Henderson for £20-£25m

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
£50m is a good price particularly when we should be able to sell Henderson for £20-£25m
And any new keeper should be coming in on around 200k less. Which doesn't even take into account the 120k Hendo is on.

We are just genuinely disinterested in a GK it seems.

Lee565

It saddens me that we are seemingly waiting on de gea situation first instead of being proactive and just recruiting a world class keeper and telling de gea thank you for your services

Mainoldo

It saddens me that we are seemingly waiting on de gea situation first instead of being proactive and just recruiting a world class keeper and telling de gea thank you for your services
You couldn’t write it could you. Then we’ll all be angry when the prices for our 1st choice keeper go up £20m.

We should wrap up a new keeper before the end of the month. DDG ain’t staying he would have signed already.

Baxquux

You couldn’t write it could you. Then we’ll all be angry when the prices for our 1st choice keeper go up £20m.

We should wrap up a new keeper before the end of the month. DDG ain’t staying he would have signed already.
THis. We will still make a decent FFP profit on Henderson, even if we sell him for 5m less than initially hoped through being in a 'weaker' negotiating position with too many keepers on the books. Also, people know Chelsea, for instance, are desperate to sell and that Boehly's team haven't shown hard-haggle negotiating skills in purchasing players, but they're still lining up decent sales for their cast-offs. Everyone in the league knows De Gea isn't a suitable all-round keeper these days- De Gea himself knows he doesnt have many options, aside form lower-wages and battling for the spot, or taking ME money. They just need to set a short deadline by the end of this coming week for him to say yes or no and sign, line up a 1st choice deal in the meantime and unequivocally agree Henderson move, with official confirmation to come later in the month.

Red Rash

We need to sign him even if only for the chant:

"Oh na na, What's my name?"

StiffTackle

I wouldnt go for Onana personally.

He played well in the CL final, but he'll eventually be viewed the same way as Barthez was here - gifted on the ball but erratic.

Whoever we sign is going to have a difficult time because of the way the De Gea situation is panning out, but I think Onana will get more criticism than say Costa would.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I think its because of the limbo situation we're in due to the takeover. Don't think there's any doubt that EtH would like a new #1.

acid_fuji

I wouldnt go for Onana personally.

He played well in the CL final, but he'll eventually be viewed the same way as Barthez was here - gifted on the ball but erratic.

Whoever we sign is going to have a difficult time because of the way the De Gea situation is panning out, but I think Onana will get more criticism than say Costa would.
Exact my thoughts. We really don’t need show man. We need good playing ball gk. He is bit of on extreme side of what we’re looking.
Having said that if there is no other option I’m happy to welcome him.

Andersons Dietician

Imagine what this place and the papers would be liked if he gets tackled and gives a goal away as he has done in the past. It’s just part and parcel of playing that way but when it inevitably happens it’s going to be wild.

Andersons Dietician

Or he is just waiting till the buyout is agreed before signing anything to see if he still needs to take such a drastic pay cut and United are still so attached to the idea of dropping the wage bill.

They should but imagine if he agreed to cut his wage to 200k with the idea being sold to him of reducing the overall wage bill of United and its players to more reasonable figures then we signed Mbappe and pay him a mil a week like Haaland gets. Or average joes and give them 300k a week.

Hes probably been advised to wait and see.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Again, it’s gone from “inter need cash, 40m should get it done” to “inter will demand €70m!!” as soon as the words Manchester United are added into the mix.

Strats

Don't think it will happen, even if i'd very much like it to. Still have a bad feeling that we will be keeping De Gea.

Acquire Me

Don't think it will happen, even if i'd very much like it to. Still have a bad feeling that we will be keeping De Gea.
Have a feeling that we are pushing hard with a much lower salary and no promises that he will be number one. He might walk imo.

Mainoldo

Or he is just waiting till the buyout is agreed before signing anything to see if he still needs to take such a drastic pay cut and United are still so attached to the idea of dropping the wage bill.

They should but imagine if he agreed to cut his wage to 200k with the idea being sold to him of reducing the overall wage bill of United and its players to more reasonable figures then we signed Mbappe and pay him a mil a week like Haaland gets. Or average joes and give them 300k a week.

Hes probably been advised to wait and see.
Only problem with that on £200k a week he’s still the most well paid keeper in the league.

It all makes zero sense. Just let him go.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hopefully it’s coached out of him. Half of that is either unnecessary or stupidly risky.
TBF that video was a lot of his younger days, don't watch inter regularly but in the CL he has been class and not overly risky with sweeping.

Red_toad

That age is absolutely zero issue for a keeper
He also has champions league final experience and has worked with our manager before.
Dave, Casillas & Navas all dropped off once they hit 30. The style of the keeper 'can' point to them being likely to be playing top level well into their 30's.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This is a small sample of how a keeper who can provide the numerical supreme in the build up phase can render the opponent's high pressure tactics ineffective. And when your keeper can't provide that, your outfield players will be over worked against any top quality team with a well coordinated press.

Status
Not open for further replies.