André Onana | signed for United | On a flight to NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
They won't, they sound more excited about this deal than us
Ye I’ve noticed that. They want this deal more than we do, they need funds. If they was smart they’d sell Onana and go for DDG on a free.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Strong Barthez vibes in this video. Thought I'd do a search in the thread to see if Barthez has already been mentioned... 3 pages of results :lol:
How many times have the geniuses who referred to Barthez mentioned that we won the Premier League two times in three seasons with him in goal, I wonder?

SATA

Barthez is a top goalkeeper and a world cup winner despite his eccentricity. Until i see Onana play a proper match or two, he isn’t fit to lace Barthez’s boots ;)

NLunited

Barthez is a top goalkeeper and a world cup winner despite his eccentricity. Until i see Onana play a proper match or two, he isn’t fit to lace Barthez’s boots ;)
I have seen him a lot. You will like him.

Rake

Strong Barthez vibes in this video. Thought I'd do a search in the thread to see if Barthez has already been mentioned... 3 pages of results :lol:
Here is the first situation of that video. Should have been a foul against him. Not saying that he doesn't make mistakes.

Now, if you want a bad mistake, look no further

JagUTD

So how long into the first game do we think the usual suspects will be calling for Onanas head?

DevilRed

Put some respect on Barthez's name
Absolutely didn't mean it in a negative/derogatory way. He was entertaining as feck. "Taxi for Barthez" is something I will remember for the rest of my life :lol:

Barthez had some great performances. But in the end it was his erratic/eccentric behaviour that cost us more problems than solutions.

If he played for any other club in the world he would be fine. But at Manchester United every single error is magnified 100x.

Lets hope Onana is as mentally strong as De Gea, because he is in for his fair share of criticism.

Just look what its done to Maguire.

Marcus

I just saw a YouTube video of Onana vs Man City. Negated quite a lot of pressing. If he can do that against City, he is going to really change the way we play. Can't wait.

Rolaholic

Barthez, AFCON and 'why didn't we sign for free last summer' make up 2/3rds of the posts in this thread :lol:

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Gianluca Di Marzio reported United’s first official bid for Onana will be lodged tonight. However, according to ESPN, United may struggle to finance the move.

Their senior writer, Mark Ogden, claimed that a bid ‘even at £40m’ would ‘drain resources’ and leave United perilously short when it comes to signing a striker.

Inter are understood to want ‘at least €50m/€55m” for Onana, according to Fabrizio Romano. That equates to roughly £43m-£47m at current exchange rate.

If this is true, it is pathetic.
FFP

crossy1686

career ending
I just saw a YouTube video of Onana vs Man City. Negated quite a lot of pressing. If he can do that against City, he is going to really change the way we play. Can't wait.
That's the whole point. We've signed Mount because we're planning on signing Onana, otherwise there's no point in Mount.

Rolaholic

That's the whole point. We've signed Mount because we're planning on signing Onana, otherwise there's no point in Mount.
Both will signings will bring us that much closer to properly implementing ETH's preferred play style in season 2.

He had to do with DDG for year 1 but I never thought he felt he was his long-term no.1 nor did he offer what he looks for in a keeper. Sort of like Hart and Mignolet for the likes of Pep and Klopp before they got their long term no.1's.

podurban2

Aye. It’s been reported there’s £260m available to spend but in order to toe the FFP line we can’t just go and blow it all. We’ll need to start selling players for a decent fee to spend more.
Luckily it isn't, we are struggling against FFP, not the actual access to the money/credit in order to finance the moves.
Are our FFP problems only solved by receiving nominal amounts from transfer fees or will getting rid of player salaries also help?

Woziak

We’ll see we’ve only just finished our last quarter of financial year, with record revenue of £630-640m predicted FSP states this summer we can spend 90% wh in ch us £567m
Wages down 16% to probably £325m
Amortised yearly transfer Fee owed £105m
Financials loss plus expenses plus interest on historical debt £70m looking at last quarter. Agent and signing on fees based on £200m transfers max 7/8% regulated by Fifa now so £15m in that line.
So £567m - £325m+£105m+£70m+£15m
= £515m - £567m expected allowance = 42m for net transfer amortise by 4/5 length of contract = £165-200m target .

This narrative was correct based on last years number and what they expected probably by second quarter when only a revenue of £570-580m was expected. After the third quarter results we soon changed from not wanting a number 1 GK to wanting one. Expect Mount £55m and A Onana £45m then we’ll sit around wait for players to be sold, we may even do a cheap
Loan for a number 2 GK, let All 3 go and promote M Kovar as number 2/3.then we will buy a number 9 or two from £70-120m

FSP allow us to spend 90% of turnover this year on wages, Agent and signing on fees, Financials and expenses.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...gulations-to-replace-ffp-all-you-need-to-know

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Aye. It’s been reported there’s £260m available to spend but in order to toe the FFP line we can’t just go and blow it all. We’ll need to start selling players for a decent fee to spend more.
There is 260m available from the credit line open with BoA but that doesn’t mean Glazers will allow it to be spent regardless of FFP (Infact they don’t want it spent)

Crimson King

Both will signings will bring us that much closer to properly implementing ETH's preferred play style in season 2.

He had to do with DDG for year 1 but I never thought he felt he was his long-term no.1 nor did he offer what he looks for in a keeper. Sort of like Hart and Mignolet for the likes of Pep and Klopp before they got their long term no.1's.
I really hope so. I found it so frustrating that we'd gone and finally hired a modern, up and coming coach, but then only provided him with a few of the pieces he needed to implement his vision. I know we spent a lot last summer, but that would have been necessary anyway with the players who'd left. The squad's profile has been so badly managed the last decade.

It feels like the GK really is the main thing holding EtH back now. He can be creative in other areas, even in the CF position, but his style fundamentally rests on being able to play out from the back.

That's just never going to happen with DDG in goal.

Big Ray

Cause he's a complete plonker.
Can’t believe people are still throwing the Henderson hat in the ring. Nevermind the alleged leak rumours, as you say he’s a complete and utter plonker and so overrated. He would be as bad if not worse than de gea with ball at his feet and he actually makes it look more awkward than him somehow! Should sell and get rid.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Why don't we just keep Henderson?

Capable goalkeeper who can play the way that is needed. No fee = more to spend on a striker.
His passing and distribution is barely any better than De Gea's. His sweeping, command of the box and claiming crosses is better, but his poor ability on the ball means he would never have been the long-term option for ETH.

suheilsworld

I think he is the guy, besides Costa. He costs less and is just as good if not better.

Replacing De Gea requires a good shot stopper and someone better at sweeping, claiming crosses and passing. Onana is all of those things.
Claiming crosses is one of the reasons I want DDG replaced. Guy just gets rooted to his box

The Red Thinker

Yikes. Claudio Bravo could pass but Pep didn't keep him around for long
I watched Inter the entire season. He barely put a foot wrong.

what you’re watching is a comp from his Ajax days. He has improved manifold since. Far more reliable, far less erratic and far more tactical.

Nero

Wait, so that clown Di Marzio was talking shit as per usual? Surely not.

Status
Not open for further replies.