5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

UnitedChampionsAgain

Showed nothing that would suggest he should be anywhere near the first team. Prone to too many blunders and has the look of a player who would cost us goals in big matches. His one chance of whipping a decent free kick into the box was a woeful effort. Hopefully Gomez gets his deserved chance soon.

Ace of Spades

He was fine, pressed well and kept the ball well. I thought he was better than McTominay at least, who got caught far too many times, and even Pogba in the first half.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
The next few months will be the test for Andreas, he will have to start to make his mark on each game he plays, and hopefully he will improve a lot, similar to Scott.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
The amount of running him and Lingard did was impressive and it slowed Chelsea's build up play so much that McTominay and Pogba hardly got put to the test defensively. It is a good thing when a player that works that hard has the composure to deliver an assist as well. Very important start for Pereira, such a versatile player and I would prefer him to be our squad player for the future, rather than Lingard.

Alabaster Codify7

If we could upgrade on Pereira and McTominay we could potentially be title contenders. Neither are bad players, but both are too limited to be difference makers for a big team.

Idxomer

He has a lot of good attributes but his problems are his lack of awareness and his positioning which make his influence in the game seems to be very insignificant most of the time.

Nice assist though but needs to impose himself much more in the midfield if he wanted to make it in the long-term.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Chelsea were very naive tonight, he'll have it tough versus more physical sides in the PL.

He's not good enough to start regularly for us, same with Lingard.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
He has a decent right foot whip for a cross or shot but that's pretty much it.

K13

Lots of really good unseen work. Very impressed with him today.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Like i said in another thread I didn't like him on the wing or as the number 10. The kid has got great delivery on him, always has but beyond that I see a fairly limited player

MadMike

Couple of observations....

Firstly I don’t think he was playing as a #10 at any moment in the match. We started with 4-3-3, with Lingard right and Rash left, and Andreas played box-to-box along with Pogba while McT sat deeper. Then we switched to 4-4-2 and he became RM.

Secondly I think first half he was the least error prone and casual from our midfield trio. Pogba in particular was messing up a lot but we forgive him it, because we know what he has in his locker and he showed it 2nd half.

His performance overall was decent, probably a 7 for me. Again the period when we least controlled it was not down to him, IMO. He is not starting XI quality for a team with top 4 aspirations yet, as he doesn’t influence the play enough, but he seems to be decent enough to deserve a place in the squad. I like his fight and I don’t mind his niggly fouls all the time. When City does it we drool over it.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
If I was to create him on football manager he would get 18 on corners, crossing and technique and then an average of 11/12 on everything else. He is just such a poor footballer.

He’s got 2-3 brain farts in possession every single game.

el3mel

Good assist but he was really invisible of the majority of the game. First time I noticed he was playing was at 35 minutes.

Devil81

He was fine, pressed well and kept the ball well. I thought he was better than McTominay at least, who got caught far too many times, and even Pogba in the first half.
Really?

I thought McTominay was fantastic whilst I felt the only contribution Pereira made was the assist for the goal.

Kostov

I though he was good today, and can do better. He must try and impose himself on the ball more, not sure if he can do that with someone as good as Pogba alongside. I think he can be a very good squad player here at the very least, he has the talent.

Devil may care

Decent cross for the 2nd goal but I thought he was mediocre, he's just not good enough IMO.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I don’t think he’s that good and don’t think he’s good enough. But he’s willing to put pressure, good assist, taking set pieces. It might be just him being nervous. Time will tell, if nothing improved then he has to be on the bench for either Gomes or Greenwood or even Fred.

fps

He really hasn't played much for the first team, so there is room for him to grow. Does he start the next one?

KW2006

Playing in a position that is best for him to perform, he was worse than Lingard. What else to say.

AndersB

If we could upgrade on Pereira and McTominay we could potentially be title contenders. Neither are bad players, but both are too limited to be difference makers for a big team.
Sorry mate, but this is just really bad timing for making such a point about McTominay. He's been really good, and consistently so, for quite a while now, showing himself to be somewhat of a motivator/leader on the pitch as well. I am very happy with him as a first teamer, in contrast to Pereira, who looks raw and lacks presence.

Ace of Spades

Really?

I thought McTominay was fantastic whilst I felt the only contribution Pereira made was the assist for the goal.
Really. McTominay was part of the problem. Calling him fantastic, and then saying Periera did nothing is just nonsense. McTominay tried a lot, as you expect, but as a CM you expect him to control the game and dictate play, which he did not. Got caught on the ball a bit and was too hesitant at times. On the other hand Periera was not spectacular, but he did not make any mistakes, was the most switched on, not dwelling on the ball and passing the ball crisply, especially in the first half where most of the team was being very sloppy. He pressed well and got a good assist, and to me was better than McTominay, who is gone from being underrated to now being overrated.

Full bodied red

Not too sure what it is, exactly, that he brings to us. Or is suppoeed to bring to us.

And I don't think he'd get anywhere near Citeh's or The Scousers' squads, let alone their starting eleven on opening day.

That he does start ahead of Fred makes you realise what a crap signing Fred seems to have been.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Full of running and not much else generally but what a ball. To call it a 'decent cross' is an understatement. We've severely lacked those between the keeper and backline crosses in the past few years.

lsd

The Oracle
Going to be controversial here but prefer him to Herrera as he is more capable of a moment if true quality to create a goal out of nothing as well as being a hard worker

Eddy_JukeZ

I don't think he's anywhere near good enough to start.

He started opening day last season vs Leicester too and midfield was overrun for large portions like today.

Good cross for the goal though.

tomaldinho1

He does a really important role within the team but is someone who definitely can be improved upon. Worked hard and he showed flashes of the more attacking side with the cross for the goal.

Our midfield was setup poorly to begin with but once we settled, him and Lingard did their jobs well.

SteveW

The assist aside he was a passenger. As usual. Stick Gomes in there instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.