5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

L1nk

He does a really important role within the team but is someone who definitely can be improved upon. Worked hard and he showed flashes of the more attacking side with the cross for the goal.

Our midfield was setup poorly to begin with but once we settled, him and Lingard did their jobs well.
I hear the same thing about Lingard, suffice to say this seems to mean to me players who can easily be replaced by others who will also do a "job" but also add actual first team quality to the squad instead of the two of them clearly not being good enough on the whole.

He took a while to show himself in the game but he was decent. I still think by May it will be Fred in there next to McT.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I didn't think he was very good... He's a bit of a headless chicken.

Nice assist though so that was good

kundalini

Superb cross for Martial's goal. Stole possession to start the move for our 3rd goal. Worked hard. A bit careless at times but so were most players on the pitch. Not convinced by the organisational aspect of playing both Lingard and Pereira, then switching them during the match; whoever was meant to be closing down Emerson, clearly wasn't in the right position to do so.

Red00012

There’s a opportunity for Fred to get into that team. I have doubts about Pereira and what he actually brings to the team. Not that Fred has done anything better but I see more potential in Fred.

0le

Give him a run of 5 games in the same position so that we can actually see what he can do. It can't be easy being in and out of the team and sometimes playing different roles. Same applies with Fred too.

Patrick08

There’s a opportunity for Fred to get into that team. I have doubts about Pereira and what he actually brings to the team. Not that Fred has done anything better but I see more potential in Fred.
In which position?

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Great win and all but if there’s one player/position we can improve on its his.

Not sure what his role is to be honest, to press everyone? Still he deserves credit for that decisive cross.

PitTon

Im surprised to see how he plays right now compared to his performances when he was on loan, especially at Granade (?). There was highlight of him vs Real Madrid in which he showed a lot of technical plays, dribbles, hold ups...

I dont know its the change of positions, managers instructions or himself ( feel pressured to perform as expected and not confident to do what hes capable of) but i do hope he can relax and show more when given chances.

Sereques

Doesn’t have the confidence yet to stamp his authority on the game. With time, I expect a fantastic midfielder.

Patrick08

In Pogba’s position today with pogba further forward
Never seen him play in that position. You need some physicality in England playing that position which he lacks for the English game. He has struggled in that position here.

criticalanalysis

I think Ole needs to tell him to sit on the half way line with Pogba and Mctominay.

It seems he's being told to offer a bit of width on the right when that should be provided by Lingard/Rashford (whoever is there).

His free role means he's often chasing when he should be holding a midfield with those two and keeping possession, closing the centre of the pitch and dictating from there.

He has the tools, just needs to more coaching and regular game time. Unfortunately I don't think he will get that but I hope it clicks for him because he can be a very good squad player.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I honestly don't see it with Andreas. I am all for role players who are functional. Not every player has to be a headline grabber. You need people to work, play smartly, do the simple things well. But I am not sure he even does that. He's erratic, and I don't see any standout qualities as yet. I agree that we give him a run in the team in the same position and see what he can do. But it is very easy to see where this team can improve. Thought we looked fantastic today, but if you pull out Lingard and Andreas and replace them with two top quality players, this becomes a top three team overnight. Fernandes and Sancho would be epic.

RedCurry

I have high hopes for him. He isn’t showing it at the moment but I see a fantastic midfielder in there. He has all the technique and mentality in the world.

Tarrou

should be a squad player on this form, he's a passenger at times

but I feel like there's more to come from him

berbasloth4

i think perrieras gna play alot this season due to the fact his set piece delievery is the best. the maguire effect

Obiorahking_

To be fair to him like 80% of our takes came through the left and he still managed an assist in his less favorable position.

Son

We need to purchase an actual playmaker (Neves / Tielemans) & a RW ideally. (Sancho)

Pereira is neither of those unfortunately. Nobody knows what he actually does but the guy can sure as hell cross. In the 90’s would have probs been a decent winger but he’s just not fast enough in the modern game.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Yep I think Fred would give us some additional energy in a midfield 3.
However, that might mean Pogba further up the pitch I guess and I am not sure this is the best idea.
Pereira played a lot of awful passes especially in the first half. Like everyone a bit better in the second half but overall he seems a bit weak losing the ball a lot.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Like McTominay, he isn't really good enough to be a permanent starter for a team aspiring to win trophies but should easily be good enough as a squad option to cover for other players when needed.

Trouble is I'm not sure what he exactly is. He's not really a central midfielder but he's also not a winger.

Trophy Room

He’ll need a consistent run of games before he can be judged. Ole must’ve seen good things in training to start him.

Vissy

Pereira was involved in two goals today, one with an assist and another very involved in the buildup to it. Promising. Now he needs to make this consistent and make his performances more even.

If we could upgrade on Pereira and McTominay we could potentially be title contenders. Neither are bad players, but both are too limited to be difference makers for a big team.
Fortunately for us, there's a couple of upgrade options for Pereira already in our squad. At 10 Gomes has a great chance, and at RWF Greenwood looks very special.
Suspect both will see plenty of game time this season.

tomaldinho1

I hear the same thing about Lingard, suffice to say this seems to mean to me players who can easily be replaced by others who will also do a "job" but also add actual first team quality to the squad instead of the two of them clearly not being good enough on the whole.
It won't be easy to replace them because, as we've found out, top level RWs with the right attitude/workrate and CMs are not in high supply. Theoretically though - let's say we magically signed Mane for RW and had managed to bring in Eriksen to play ahead of McT and Pogba - our team would suddenly be well balanced and able to start challenging.

FromTheBench

He was ordinary tbh.

I feel he needs more confidence at this level though. He panics too much but then has moments of quality as well like the cross.

I think we need to persist with him for longer. And putting Fred in for him is pointless too. He's not better.

Maybe Gomes you can try vs more defensive teams right now.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Can swing a ball in. That's about the height of it. Has a little bit of technical ability but seems to get overawed.

I like him as a squad player but he really shouldn't be walking into our midfield. I also have no idea what his best position is.

Jig1234

Andreas should start for his corners and crosses alone. His corners were accurate and dangerous. Didn't hit the first man like Mata's. He was busy in midfield, pressed well. He is a bit lose with possession at times but you can say that about a lot of players in our team. I think with a run of games he can improve even more.

MadMike

Yeah Fred is even more of a headless chicken.
I didn't get the feel from Pereira that he's a headless chicken though. He certainly seemed more measured (with and without the ball) than the other 2 MFs in that first half. The others were giving the ball away too much and getting caught in possession.

I think when we've got the ball he needs to move about more and show for it. Take more play making responsibility. He was quite invisible a lot of the time. It's still a bit of a questions mark how he'll develop this season but there's the usual positive signs...

- Energy and high press
- Good cross delivery
- Aggression in defence

If he starts imposing himself a bit more he'll be a very good asset.

Alemar

Not the worst game for Andreas, a good assist. I think he was mainly chosen for set piece deliveries, but we didn’t manage to score From corners or free kicks. A lot of room for improvement, but he doesn’t deserve bashing after this performance.

PepsiCola

Give him a consistent run in the first team, which he's never really had, and we'll see big improvements.

Status
Not open for further replies.