Andreas Pereira vs Jesse Lingard

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Both are shite. Lingard offers more in pressing, Pereira offers more with set-piece, and that's about it.

Devil may care

World class managers disagree with the majority of fans on Lingard? Ole and Southgate are not world class managers and LvG and Mourinho were both past their sell by date by the time they managed us. Bottom line is this question is the equivelant of a waiter asking you if you'd like a glass of piss or a glass of sewage water with your meal, we had players like Cantona and Rooney in this role, and now we have these 2 who are both average, mid table level players who are getting a free pass by the staff because they are from the academy.

Right now since Ole isn't even putting Gomes in the squad I guess I'd go with Lingard simply because he's better at pressing, I don't see either of them creating or scoring much.

Fosu-Mens

World class managers disagree with the majority of fans on Lingard? Ole and Southgate are not world class managers and LvG and Mourinho were both past their sell by date by the time they managed us. Bottom line is this question is the equivelant of a waiter asking you if you'd like a glass of piss or a glass of sewage water with your meal, we had players like Cantona and Rooney in this role, and now we have these 2 who are both average, mid table level players who are getting a free pass by the staff because they are from the academy.

Right now since Ole isn't even putting Gomes in the squad I guess I'd go with Lingard simply because he's better at pressing, I don't see either of them creating or scoring much.

Pereira can pass and got a decent ability on the ball. Lingard is better when the team is off the ball, and offers nothing when the team is in possession.

IMO Pereira should play in midfield, especially against teams that are not dominant in possession or pressing high, and hopefully he is able to find his rhythm quickly as he is one of the few players in the team (the two others are Gomes and Pogba) that got the technical ability to pass consistently(short and long) and bring the ball from defence to attack. Thus letting PP operate further up the pitch where he is best. Lingard can play against a team we are not going to dominate i.e City, Tottenham, Liverpool, Arsenal.

MadMike

I've watched every game he's played. I don't think having a very good foot is that much of skill. Most players should have at least one good foot no?

Delivery and goals outside the box sure but they're rare.
We’ll have to agree to disagree. Most players don’t. Only him and Mata have a good delivery it seems in our entire squad.

And I don’t know about rare. Maybe, maybe not. He’s got 2 goals and 2 assists in his 8 starts under Ole, thanks to that right foot. Wanna guess how many Lingard’s got from his last 10 starts?

Last edited:

manutddjw

I’d go with Andreas, although if we’re going to play this formation we definitely need a proper #10 and should’ve brought in either Felix or Dybala when we had a chance.

I see absolutely nothing in Lingard and at least Pereira has set pieces and a bit of fight in him like Rafael that makes me like him.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
We’ll have to agree to disagree. Most players don’t. Only him and Mata have a good delivery it seems in our entire squad.

And I don’t know about rare. Maybe, maybe not. He’s got 2 goals and 2 assists in his 8 starts under Ole, thanks to that right foot. Wanna guess how many Lingard’s got from his last 10 starts?
Wasn't really defending Lingard in any way. I think both players are average.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Give Pereira the minutes Lingard has had in the past 3 years and I guarantee you Pereira will be much better than Lingard is now.
And still won't be good enough. Don't think he'll be much better either.

nameischarles

I’d rather Pereira and see what he can do cause I’ve seen enough of Lingard not do anything but play safe passes however both honestly aren’t probably good enough.

We needed Pereira for set pieces against Wolves, it was frustrating seeing Shaw taking corner kicks and Rashford going for glory.

nainaisson

Pereira's too slow and it's too easy to take the ball off him, which is why I find it incredible that Mourinho tried to turn him into a central midfielder. He can't play at No.10 either, as he showed against Chelsea, so the best he can be is a slightly less slow version of Mata who plays on the right. But he shouldn't start there either because Daniel James is better. James' crosses are terrible, but he does far more work off the ball than Pereira, and that's essential for this new high press system to work.

0le

Pereira's too slow and it's too easy to take the ball off him, which is why I find it incredible that Mourinho tried to turn him into a central midfielder. He can't play at No.10 either, as he showed against Chelsea, so the best he can be is a slightly less slow version of Mata who plays on the right. But he shouldn't start there either because Daniel James is better. James' crosses are terrible, but he does far more work off the ball than Pereira, and that's essential for this new high press system to work.
I don't think Pereira will make it here. I am actually surprised we renewed his contract. We definitely needed a quality midfielder in the summer, but it is what it is.

RedIan

I think Lingard gets far to much stick, he is a great link player when on his game, great movement passer and can score. He’s off it at the moment but it will come back.. Pereira has talent but doesn’t offer enough, hes a very poor version of Beckham imo. I dont see him as United quality.

Scotty McT

I think Lingard gets far to much stick, he is a great link player when on his game, great movement passer and can score. He’s off it at the moment but it will come back.. Pereira has talent but doesn’t offer enough, hes a very poor version of Beckham imo. I dont see him as United quality.
Name some other "link players" in the history of football and tell me how Lingard's greatness compares to their please.

JoaquinJoaquin

Neither should start. Would rather try and resurrect Sanchez from the dead or play Gomes than see Lingard start another game.

Smores

I'm not too sure on Pereira but he deserves his chance since Lingard has had plenty.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
games with Andreas : 1 win (100% of points won)

games without Andreas : 1 draw 1 loss (16% of points won)

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It's just a no contest. One is a known 27 y.o. (this year) shite player, the other is a 23 y.o. shite player with room to grow.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Which is worse? Whenever I think it's this one the other has a 'hold my beer' moment and somehow manages to lower the bar.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Yes they have both been well off the standard required in most games this season. Patience must be running out.

-Supreme-

I must admit both Lingard and Pereira share many similarities even their "strengths" i.e. runs a lot like they are doing something

And I swear they have body strength of a 16 year old, how are they even a professional football player?

Devil81

Periera is good when he keeps things simple, he thinks he's better than he is and so often makes a tit of himself.

I'd still have him over Lingard though, mainly because he's not frightened to put his foot in where needed.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
The problem with the pair of them is they want too much time on the ball and spend too long doing anything with it. Don't think we'll see either of them once we get some midfielders back, they're only playing now due to forced circumstances, they'll be relegated to only bench roles soon enough hopefully.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Pereira was crap today but he’s 100 times better than lingard

Judas

Open to offers
Periera is good when he keeps things simple, he thinks he's better than he is and so often makes a tit of himself.

I'd still have him over Lingard though, mainly because he's not frightened to put his foot in where needed.
This is a massive issue With him, he’s laughably cocky and makes a mess of nearly every fancy thing he attempts.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
I remember he was this supposed huge talent back int he day when we signed him at age 16 or whatever. The least Brazilian, Brazilian footballer.

abk92

Neither of them are good enough to be squad players let alone starters.