g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallengt

Easily better than all of our wingers. Would love it if we signed him. Why would he want to leave Madrid though?
That's why they'll definitely sell him, Perez doesn't need to be reasonable. Quality player no doubt about that, I would choose him over Sanchez

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Wouldnt surprise me, Madrid loves to sell their best players just to buy someone who's emerged as a star.
If that's the case we really should be in for him..
As great as he would be, I can't see him joining us. These players never joins us, ever. I refuse to get my hopes up... :(

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Summarising Madrid's case against Di Maria:
He asks for a new contract after playing well for 6 months.
He turns to rubbish again for a year after signing a new contract.
He always talks like he's expecting to leave.

+
Oooh look, a shiny new toy.
€50m? Wow - we can go shopping.

To us? I really don't know. I can't see any other club paying that much money. Only a handful of clubs actually have that kind of cash and I don't know that they are looking for a top class, winger/midfielder. I'm sure if he comes (for that kind of cash) we'll hear all the moans about "but no one else wanted him" but it won't mean anything, because very few clubs can even think about such a deal.

That said. City. Manchester. The Spanish gossip circuit sometimes get confused.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
As good as it would be to have Di Maria, I hope we don't overspend for him at the expense of getting either another central midfielder and a central defender. At this point our attack is pretty loaded, and adding to it shouldn't be top priority. Then again, how brilliant is it that we're linked to a quality player THAT WE ACTUALLY HAVE A CHANCE OF GETTING. I haven't felt like this in a long long time.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
As good as it would be to have Di Maria, I hope we don't overspend for him at the expense of getting either another central midfielder and a central defender. At this point our attack is pretty loaded, and adding to it shouldn't be top priority. Then again, how brilliant is it that we're linked to a quality player THAT WE ACTUALLY HAVE A CHANCE OF GETTING. I haven't felt like this in a long long time.
It is loaded, but it's loaded with mostly shit or players nowhere near good enough for United. Nani, Young, Valencia, Kagawa, Welbeck, Rooney are nowhere near good enough as wingers for us, be it because of injuries, being played out of position or just lack of talent. Januzaj might become a top player, but he's only had 1 season of professional football. We really need a winger added on along with selling 1 or 2 of the ones we already have.

RedorDead21

what players, world class, stars..?

I wouldnt say those kind of players never join us but rarely join us..
Give me an example of a world class star who chose United over Real and barca for example in the last 20 years....Thats why a Vidal is going to be hard to get eh!

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
Real Madrid are going to go all in and get James Rodriguez.
He's been great at the WC, but hasnt set the world on fire at club-level from all reports.

Rodriguez could just be one of those players who flourishes in a WC & becomes the hottest property around & then falls back into his club-form after it. By then Real will have spunked a bucked of dosh for him. I'd piss myself if thats how it panned out..

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Falcao and J-Rod to Madrid seems unrealistic for Monaco to agree to, unless they have specific and realistic targets who can replace them.

Cina

Just say JaRod if you're uncomfortable with being a cool mofo.

Mister Ed

He's been great at the WC, but hasnt set the world on fire at club-level from all reports.

Rodriguez could just be one of those players who flourishes in a WC & becomes the hottest property around & then falls back into his club-form after it. By then Real will have spunked a bucked of dosh for him. I'd piss myself if thats how it panned out..
He is certainly hyped up atm with his worldcup displays. i remeber everybody saying €45m was a ridiculous amount of money for him by AS Monaco, I also remeber alot of people watching ligue 1 saying James really isn't all that, very inconsistent (altough a lack of motivation at such a micky mouse club plays a part in such things) and that he wanted to leave Monaco, but no prices in the region of €45m were even mentioned. Now he has a great worldcup and suddenly Real madrid are all over him wanting to splash €75m to get their new toy, but he isn't worth it at all.

If Florentino really is stupid enough to put Di Maria aside for James Rodriguez and if it is true that he has been offered to us, than we should bite their arm off. Di Maria is an absolute worldclass players, and for the moment a level or two above James level. World cup doesn't change shit about that.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Hamez won't catch on in the English speaking world. Too much temptation to call him James.
Kompany always annoyed me, not him but the commentators. His name's fecking Vincent. Vin-cent.

But oh no, "It's cleared off the line by Van-sant, Kum-poniee.."

Eddin Azzar.

Ugh.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
He is certainly hyped up atm with his worldcup displays. i remeber everybody saying €45m was a ridiculous amount of money for him by AS Monaco, I also remeber alot of people watching ligue 1 saying James really isn't all that, very inconsistent (altough a lack of motivation at such a micky mouse club plays a part in such things) and that he wanted to leave Monaco, but no prices in the region of €45m were even mentioned. Now he has a great worldcup and suddenly Real madrid are all over him wanting to splash €75m to get their new toy, but he isn't worth it at all.

If Florentino really is stupid enough to put Di Maria aside for James Rodriguez and if it is true that he has been offered to us, than we should bite their arm off. Di Maria is an absolute worldclass players, and for the moment a level or two above James level. World cup doesn't change shit about that.
Seems to be as much about marketing as it is about talent. Rodriguez is just a little better lookin than Angel & would become Reals new poster boy. A bit like the 1st Captain America flick - all singin & dancing & ticket sales - but Rodriguez aint no Captain America thats for sure..

Monaco massively overpaid, but they dont give a shite about that - they care about tryin to double their money to redo the staff bogs in gold-leaf..

RedorDead21

Funny how things panned out with Nani & Andie - after all the excitement of us gettin both at the same time. FC United wouldnt even be interested in takin either of them on free's now.. Waste of talents, but minted all the same..
Hard to predict the inner person within young players. Its why Cleverley could at 32 be regarded as better than both. As laughable as that might seem now.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
Hard to predict the inner person within young players. Its why Cleverley could at 32 be regarded as better than both. As laughable as that might seem now.
Careful what you say out loud man. Look what happened to Alan Hansen with his "kids are a pile of shite" remark - the prick is still gettin grief for it. F*ckin drunk Dracula that he is, or Drunkula for short..

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
Arsenal perhaps!
Arsenal have always been linked to players every summer & if you've been listening to Talksport much over the years, you know that Gooner fans who ring in, seem to think its all bollox just to get season-tickets sold & they're never interested in the 1st place. Last season was the 1st time in God knows how long, that they actually bought top-class quality - still didnt buy a Striker, a holding CM or a CB though, which they all wanted more than Ozil..

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
I think it's important to remember that Madrid can easily buy Rodriguez and Kronos without breaking their usual summer budget.

Mali_Zeus

Give me an example of a world class star who chose United over Real and barca for example in the last 20 years....Thats why a Vidal is going to be hard to get eh!
I didnt we were talking about that. The topic was about us not making those kind of deals.If barca and real wont be in for him we should get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.