Angel Di Maria - PSG Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwuk

An unfortunate mental image in that last clause.

Doesn't make Di Maria any less of a gutless prick, mind you.
I actually think Di Maria is a complete confidence player, and he looked lost at times.

Under Ferguson he'd of been brilliant. Van Gaals man management skills are poor.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman

Swaters16

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-Manchester-United-philosophy-want-leave.html

I was right all along about Di Maria. :) Some United fans wants the world to believe he could not cut it at England, but the truth is that Van Gaal poor man management affected his performance. Under better management, he would still be here and would have had a better second season. Nevertheless, that is in the past now.
He has to blame someone though doesn't he? Di Maria is hardly going to come out and say, "yeah my performances went to shit and I stopped trying. Acutally I preferred PSG all along so it didn't bother me that Van Gaal stopped playing me after I got a stupid red card."

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Can't say I'm surprised. AdM thrives on freedom and improvisation, which is completely not going to fly under LvG's tumescent backpass, possession at all costs approach. Its utterly infuriating since players do talk and its highly unlikely the likes of Bale would be interested in leaving Madrid for this.

Raw

Not surprised at all by those comments. Di Maria clearly doesn't fit in this possession style that we seem to be going with. Didn't Van Gaal say that he didn't know what his best position was too?

Americano

Make America Great Again!
Can't say I'm surprised. AdM thrives on freedom and improvisation, which is completely not going to fly under LvG's tumescent backpass, possession at all costs approach. Its utterly infuriating since players do talk and its highly unlikely the likes of Bale would be interested in leaving Madrid for this.
It begs the question, why did we buy him? All that money for a player who was never likely to fit our manager's vision.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
It begs the question, why did we buy him? All that money for a player who was never likely to fit our manager's vision.
Late window deal, statement of intent, Woody proving he was up for a big transfer etc. From what I understand PSG wanted him and he wanted to go there at the time, but they were shackled by FFP, which allowed us into the mix.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
Just give him some time with the FSW

Maroo

A first class cnut who ran away at the first opportunity. Didn't have the guts to fight it out and is coolly playing the blame game now.

m1y2

he was absolute shit of a character and we don't need players like this, didn't like him before, kinda got used to him and supported him when he was at us but he was maybe my least favourite player in the team anyway. He showed he is shit footballer under pressure no matter how complicated things under Van Gaal were. Had a lot of chances to prove himself and totally failed, never fought for the badge, glad we got rid of him.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
he was absolute shit of a character and we don't need players like this, didn't like him before, kinda got used to him and supported him when he was at us but he was maybe my least favourite player in the team anyway. He showed he is shit footballer under pressure no matter how complicated things under Van Gaal were. Had a lot of chances to prove himself and totally failed, never fought for the badge, glad we got rid of him.
To say he is shit under pressure is a bit unfair. He was the best player on the pitch in a Champions League final. A player that is shit under pressure wouldn't be able to do that. There is no higher pressure in club football than playing in the UCL final. Yes, he up and ran when things got difficult but I doubt it was as cut and dry as that. With LVG being the way he is, I'm pretty confident there was more to it. Not to mention getting his house robbed as soon as he came over to a new country, must be unsettling.

I still think he's a dipshit but whatever, players got to do what a players got to do (the Giggs motto!)

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Di Maria's already come out and said he didn't know why he was dropped. Er... because you were shit, mate. So I don't think we should take anything he says too seriously.

Plenty of flair players have excelled under Van Gaal before, so putting Di Maria's woefully half-hearted displays all on the manager is missing the point somewhat.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Di Maria's already come out and said he didn't know why he was dropped. Er... because you were shit, mate. So I don't think we should take anything he says too seriously.

Plenty of flair players have excelled under Van Gaal before, so putting Di Maria's woefully half-hearted displays all on the manager is missing the point somewhat.
Yup. Ribbery, Robben, RvP, and Sneijder are flair players than he recently has managed. Then we have Mata and Depay.

Bugzy

Honestly who cares. He isn't our player and isn't accompanied with us any more. Unless he does something spectacular.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Honestly who cares. He isn't our player and isn't accompanied with us any more. Unless he does something spectacular.
Then don't read the thread and post in it ? Obviously many people still like to follow good footballers and their performances all season long.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
With regards to Di Maria, at the end of the day its the managers duty to make his signing work, and it's a blot on LvG's United CV that he couldn't get such a brilliant player peofrming at United. Also the players of course but the manager is accountable to the club for the end result.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
With regards to Di Maria, at the end of the day its the managers duty to make his signing work, and it's a blot on LvG's United CV that he couldn't get such a brilliant player peofrming at United. Also the players of course but the manager is accountable to the club for the end result.
I agree somewhat. But LVG wanted to give it another go. It's not unusaual far a player to struggle in his first season. But in our case ADM gave up on us. Probably cause he wasn't keen on joining in the first place. So makes pointing finger at LVG a little bit more difficult.

Devil81

Starting tonight against Bordeaux.
I hope he enjoys playing in front of such a huge television audience..... :rolleyes:

He may as well have jumped in to the abyss, the only time he will be seen is the ten Champions league games he's plays before PSG's exit from Europe.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The pace PSG play at.. christ.

Di Maria should have scored though.

Status
Not open for further replies.