Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
We need him in league games is why people are moaning.
No doubt, but more so than Greenwood, his physical stature will mean he needs to be used in the right games. If he plays as a 10 against Romeu tomorrow, what do you think the big lump will do to him? T think of what he will get away with, what with it being an away game.

I am sure Ole is being transparent with him and letting him know when he plans to use him. He mentions him enough in pressers, we are just waiting for the correct time to introduce him in as favourable conditions as possible.

HowYouDoin

He should play either as a number 10 or a right wing. Yes I know, I dont like shoehorning players there but bettter Gomes than Mata.

Wouldnt mind to see the line up with both of them or Gomee at the right wing with Pogba as a number 10

Last edited by a moderator:

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
No doubt, but more so than Greenwood, his physical stature will mean he needs to be used in the right games. If he plays as a 10 against Romeu tomorrow, what do you think the big lump will do to him? T think of what he will get away with, what with it being an away game.

I am sure Ole is being transparent with him and letting him know when he plans to use him. He mentions him enough in pressers, we are just waiting for the correct time to introduce him in as favourable conditions as possible.
I'm not sure the size argument holds weight when the alternatives are Mata and Lingard. He's 100% stronger on and off the ball than Mata. He can also play from the left.

When the likes of Ching and Garner are being drafted in, I'd feel very hard done by of I was Angel.

He'sRaldo

In the same way people complained about deadwood not being shipped immediately, people will complain about him not playing games right now. And I bet if he plays poorly, people will complain that he wasn't played in the right games. And if he plays well, they'll complain about him not starting. Etc.

Bottom line is people will complain. I have no doubt he'll play a lot of games this season, simply because our attacking line is not stacked. We're not in a City situation where we can ignore good talent like Foden.

So I'm not worried just because it's not happening right now. I understand wishing others would also show patience, but I don't think that will happen.

FerociousCorgis

i mean not to try and jump on a hype train here, but regardless of age/size/experience do we have a better number 10 option than this guy??? Lingard clearly isnt a very good 10, mata is past his prime by a wide margin, and then i guess maybe pogba could technically play a better 10. So regardless of age i think he shouldve been giving a chance this weekend against SH.

izec

He will leave at the end of the season, and it would be a fecking tragedy.
Yeah, cant wait for these quotes again. Gomes and Ole instead of Pogba and Sir Alex

'I have been in football many years but the decision of Solskjaer and Manchester United to not play Gomes and let him leave is one of the strangest I have ever seen.'

'After just a few training sessions we saw how good he was. It cannot have been the same player they saw in Manchester - we thought they maybe needed glasses.'

Canagel

Too good for U23. Ole is daft if he continues to overlook him in favour of Lingard/Mata/Periera at number 10.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
Convinced he has agreed to sign elsewhere in jan hence no benefit in playing him. Disappointing

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What's going on? Why are so many convinced he's leaving? Chong isn't getting on the bench either and nobody is saying that about him.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
What's going on? Why are so many convinced he's leaving? Chong isn't getting on the bench either and nobody is saying that about him.
His contract ends at end of the season and it doesnt look like he is signing a new one for now, most likely due to game time. May look to go abroad, english kids looking at sancho would probably be willing to take that route more often. Dont know why we dont play him more, specially with lingard in such poor form. Would be really frustrating to see him go while we play absolute shite like mata and lingard agead of him .

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
His contract ends at end of the season and it doesnt look like he is signing a new one for now, most likely due to game time. May look to go abroad, english kids looking at sancho would probably be willing to take that route more often. Dont know why we dont play him more, specially with lingard in such poor form. Would be really frustrating to see him go while we play absolute shite like mata and lingard agead of him .
Agreed. He deserves a chance at least. It's unlikely he's going to contribute less than Lingard.

mattsville

He is extremely talented and inventive in the number 10 role, best option we have there at club but for whatever reason he is not involved, you can only speculate he is not signing a new contract but every time he plays at any level he looks committed and performs.

Jericholyte2

I seriously have no idea why he isn’t starting. Showed more in pre-season than Lingard or any other no. 10 we have and yet it a single minute.

It’s an absolute joke!

M Bison

Supports
York City
Blind baseless speculation, got it.
Seems strange though doesn’t it? It’s a worry.

Would love to see him play but I can see why he’s not if he’s refusing a contract, baseless and blind assumptions again but it’s odd that he’s not in the squad.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I seriously have no idea why he isn’t starting. Showed more in pre-season than Lingard or any other no. 10 we have and yet it a single minute.

It’s an absolute joke!
If he’s refusing to sign a contract and is intending to leave in the summer, I can see why Ole isn’t playing him.

That can be the only reason I can think of for him not being the squad, agree with your point on Lingard/other no 10’s

Jericholyte2

If he’s refusing to sign a contract and is intending to leave in the summer, I can see why Ole isn’t playing him.

That can be the only reason I can think of for him not being the squad, agree with your point on Lingard/other no 10’s
Then why bring him along on pre-season!?!

M Bison

Supports
York City
Then why bring him along on pre-season!?!
Your guess is as good as mine. I’m as confused as you and I can only assume it’s down to his contract situation, if he’s refusing to sign a contract I can see why Ole isn’t playing him is all I’m saying!

fps

Seems strange though doesn’t it? It’s a worry.

Would love to see him play but I can see why he’s not if he’s refusing a contract, baseless and blind assumptions again but it’s odd that he’s not in the squad.
I think we're all excited to see him, but I do think Ole won't put him into the team off the back of a defeat - it would put a lot of pressure on him. Perhaps this week is U23s for fitness, then international break more fitness, then in? I find the criticism odd that Ole hasn't played him in the first 3 games of the season. There are players out there like Lingard and Pereira who are playing for their careers at the club, they are being given that chance (and blowing it, but there we are).

Crashoutcassius

It’s not about Gomes getting games, it’s about Man Utd getting points. We need Gomes for that, as we struggle with Lingard and Mata
He has played about 8 mins competitive so we don't really have a clue if he would help us get points. Pre season and reserves don't matter a toss, as all our other performances have shown us this year.

edgar allan

He has played about 8 mins competitive so we don't really have a clue if he would help us get points. Pre season and reserves don't matter a toss, as all our other performances have shown us this year.
Well we know for definite that Lingard hasn't won us any points in a full year so he couldn't do any worse.

Alemar

Fair enough, but we at least saw Lingard and Mata in official games already. They play badly - that is what we know. If they play badly - changes are needed (not mandatory Gomes, maybe someone else - but changes one way or another)

Devil81

Can't wait to see him this season.

Hopefully he can force his way into the first team full stop.

mattsville

Don't know how many times he has to show it, the goal he scored again tonight was brilliant, contract dispute, don't know but it is frustrating looking at Lingard when you have a player like this so much more talented and looks hungry and focused every time you see him play.

It's B Rubble

How frustrating is it that we finally have a creative midfielder, homegrown, and we haven’t given him a sniff of game time. In the mold of a David Silva with the quick thinking, accurate passes, losing defenders, reading of the game, and finishing. He’s going to be a special player so hopefully we’re nurturing him correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.