5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_toad

Convinced he has agreed to sign elsewhere in jan hence no benefit in playing him. Disappointing
He can't sign for anyone else in January as he's contracted to United until June. Plus every single time his contract is nearing its end, we get the same shite of people voicing their opinions on a lad who loves the club. If Ole shows he can make it here, he won't go anywhere else.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
He can't sign for anyone else in January as he's contracted to United until June. Plus every single time his contract is nearing its end, we get the same shite of people voicing their opinions on a lad who loves the club. If Ole shows he can make it here, he won't go anywhere else.
Probably means a pre contract.

RooneyLegend

He'll be starter before the season ends and sign a new contract. The current bunch are way to poor to keep a player of his ability on the bench for the whole season. At this point he's actually a need. If it were up to me we'd be starting him and Chong week in week out.

Decomposing In Paris

We have just let Sanchez go on loan, so I don't see how Gomez doesn't get serious minutes this season. He needs to show that he has the attitude in the U23's to match his talent. He's showing that, so he'll be playing in the first team soon.

rotherham_red

feck sake. He is being given 90 minutes here because his proximity to the first team squad has meant he has missed some U-23's football already this year. We are going to need him match fit for EFL games, Europa and League Cup games.

Have a think about the bigger picture and stop fecking moaning.
Exactly this.

The bunch of bed wetting fannies who are complaining were completely silent when the same happened to Chong last week. This week, it's Gomes' turn. Ole has also already said we'll see a lot more of Angel after the international break, why is this completely ignored by the aforementioned bed wetters?

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He can sign for clubs abroad in January on a pre-contract.

Plus every single time his contract is nearing its end he has stalled talks. Loving the club means jack shit. He isn't some idiot who will sign because he loves the club. He signed his contract over 4 months after his peers last time because he had demands regarding his development. Once again he is stalling on his contract for demands about his development. His love for the club is irrelevant. The game time on the pitch is all that matters.

In Rainbows

I like that Gomes had more power in his goal and fk. That's been a small criticism against him as he has tried curling too often. He needs to add a little power from the middle in that sense and this performance was a step in the right direction.

dabeast

Angel has club-defining potential as a player like Sancho and Pogba before him who both left. If he wants assured playing time and money, I don’t see why we should withhold that from him.

The Kag

Exactly this.

The bunch of bed wetting fannies who are complaining were completely silent when the same happened to Chong last week. This week, it's Gomes' turn. Ole has also already said we'll see a lot more of Angel after the international break, why is this completely ignored by the aforementioned bed wetters?
Ole has said a lot of things over the past 4-5 months. Many of which have proven to be complete horse-shit, but hey. A lot of people are acting as if it's 2008 and we have an amazing starting eleven that would prevent a player like Gomes from getting a look-in. Clearly that's not the case based on not only the past six years, but our recent results as well. Like I've said before, I'm not going to sit here and claim Gomes is the answer to all of our problems and is some sort of messiah, but he's clearly worth a shout considering known-quantities like Lingard and Mata have proven time and time again that they're incompetent. What else do we have to lose? Ole is looking at what, three wins in his last 16?

mu4c_20le

Training with the first team seems to have accelerated his development, he will be ready when there's an injury to Lingard or Mata.

ricky-romeo

hope that injury is nothing serious. not expecting Ole to put him on againts Soton anyway but i hope we will be starting to see him a lot come September and October especially when the cup competition starts.

the only way Angel can get in and stay in the team is by impressing when he is playing in the cup games. nothing much he can do at U 23 level because he has been superb at this level. and as a No 10 as well and not as a LW. This boy could be an excellent no 10 that we are craving for, especially for those home games where oppositions will park the bus and we needed creativity in tight spaces.

Kostov

He has played about 8 mins competitive so we don't really have a clue if he would help us get points. Pre season and reserves don't matter a toss, as all our other performances have shown us this year.
Oh but they shown us a bit yeah, Lingard for example was the worst player in pre season, he has been the worst player in the first 3 games also.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
If Ole keep overlooking him and eventually force him to move away from the club, I'll be totally done with Ole.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Reading the Match thread from yesterday, whilst he scored a good goal, sounds as though he didn’t play particularly well.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Better view. I could get on board with Ole's revolution if he gave this kid a chance.

But for whatever reason he just doesn't seem to fancy him.
When did this take place, and does that mean he's not featuring against Southampton? Great stuff.

In Rainbows

Reading the Match thread from yesterday, whilst he scored a good goal, sounds as though he didn’t play particularly well.
I didn't get to watch all of the 2nd half, but it seemed like any balls to him were close to 50/50s and then he was shortly off because of an injury.

Mr. Meeseeks

Blind baseless speculation, got it.
To be fair, this is exactly what most people initially thought of Herrera to PSG. We have no way of knowing what is going to happen with him. It is blind speculation, but it is not baseless as this is exactly what Pogba did to leave the club.

We haven’t done his career any good by keeping him in the reserves, not even risking him on cup games. He might be feeling very hard done by. The lack of (deserved) first team minutes is the reason Pogba left despite clearly loving the club at youth level.

In Rainbows

To be fair, this is exactly what most people initially thought of Herrera to PSG. We have no way of knowing what is going to happen with him. It is blind speculation, but it is not baseless as this is exactly what Pogba did to leave the club.

We haven’t done his career any good by keeping him in the reserves, not even risking him on cup games. He might be feeling very hard done by. The lack of (deserved) first team minutes is the reason Pogba left despite clearly loving the club at youth level.
Yeah, I think it's fair that Gomes hasn't played yet, but you can't dismiss the idea that he could leave the club. These young footballers are looking out for themselves and learning from past youth player's mistakes. This is why many are considering the idea of leaving in order to get more playing time. It's their life so they're well within their right to make a decision that could impact their lives and their family's lives.

Thiagoal

A decent performance last night but did look quite lightweight on a few occasions! Can see why Ole is reluctant! I think he needs a chance to show that he’s ready for the physicality of the league and if he takes it then he’ll be getting plenty more as his talent is undeniable

SteveW

Oh but they shown us a bit yeah, Lingard for example was the worst player in pre season, he has been the worst player in the first 3 games also.
Lingard was one of our best players in preseason. Scored a couple of good goals too.

He was even good against Chelsea. Last two games have been shite though.

Varun

Staff
Yeah, I think it's fair that Gomes hasn't played yet, but you can't dismiss the idea that he could leave the club. These young footballers are looking out for themselves and learning from past youth player's mistakes. This is why many are considering the idea of leaving in order to get more playing time. It's their life so they're well within their right to make a decision that could impact their lives and their family's lives.
The likes of Sancho doing what they've done and their closeness doesn't help either. I do think he'll extend though given how Ole is handling kids

Kostov

Lingard was one of our best players in preseason. Scored a couple of good goals too.

You sure you were watching the same pre season? He had one decent half against AC Milan, otherwise was the worst player in every single game, and the worst player against Chelsea.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Thought the first half he ran rings round them, but he actually went down with cramp in the second half and started losing the ball, which is a bit of a worry on the physical side. Hopefully he’ll be fit for the EFL and the League cup to get his match fitness right up.

SteveW

You sure you were watching the same pre season? He had one decent half against AC Milan, otherwise was the worst player in every single game, and the worst player against Chelsea.
Confirmation bias.

Kostov

Confirmation bias.
:lol::lol::lol:

Are you actually serious? Is 1 month all it takes for some of you to try spin this shit again? If you actually think that Lingard had a good pre season and a good game against Chelsea, you are the one with bias in this pal. Or it might be another problem and you need to visit the ophthalmologist.

SteveW

Are you actually serious? Is 1 month all it takes for some of you to try spin this shit again? If you actually think that Lingard had a good pre season and a good game against Chelsea, you are the one with bias in this pal. Or it might be another problem and you need to visit the ophthalmologist.
No player ratings I saw from that game gave him less than 7. So there seems to be a solid enough consensus that he had a pretty good game that day.

Just because you dont like a player doesnt mean they dont have good games from time to time.

No player ratings I saw from that game gave him less than 7. So there seems to be a solid enough consensus that he had a pretty good game that day.

Just because you dont like a player doesnt mean they dont have good games from time to time.
I watched all of our pre season games and he was awful, I wouldn't pay much attention to the player ratings.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He got wacked in the back of the head not long afterwards and didn't seem himself for the rest of the game. He actually got cramp also which is why he eventually got subbed.

I don't think missing the last 3/4 matches has helped really. We've taken him with the first team but he's hardly had any minutes for a while.

The silly thing is he's more likely to get protection in the first team than the u23's.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us

But the vastly superior Redcafe ratings gave him 6.2, the second lowest of them all, only Pereira got lower.

pascell

Exactly this.

Because all Ole does is lie in his press conferences, apparently. Three games into the new season and he hasnt started them all, so he's clearly off next summer, didnt you know mate?

Clear as day Ole is losing patience with Lingard, Gomes just has to wait and take his chance when he gets it, which I feel will be sooner rather than later.

SteveW

But the vastly superior Redcafe ratings gave him 6.2, the second lowest of them all, only Pereira got lower.
A large section of the fanbase turned on him over the summer over a video from his holidays. So his chances of getting a fair rating on the caf were pretty low.

He had a pretty good game against Chelsea. Not a great one but a good one. He held onto the ball well and was involved in 3 of the 4 goals. 7/10 imo.

Not quite getting the desire of people to downgrade his performance against Chelsea. If people want to criticise him there are plenty of other games to choose from. No need to take his one decent performance away from him.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Just scored a belter. Really don't get it. Chong, Pereira, Lingard, Mata are not better options than this guy.

Forget the shot, that first touch to control, half-turn, and instantly attack was brilliant and beyond anyone in the senior team outside Martial and Pogba.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time

The reality is somewhere in between and both of you are at extremes which make you look very biased.

Against Chelsea Lingard was poor in the first half, but he was then moved into the #10 role for the second half and was one of our best players, one of the main reasons we were far better in that half.

As for preseason he had some good games, some average-poor games, and of course that one horrific game he had against Leeds where he looked like a random pulled out of the crowd.

Last edited:

Crashoutcassius

He is right pal. You see what you want to see.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He had a great first half. The whole team were a mess at the start of the second. He then took a knock and didn't do much after then until he was down with cramp/slight injury and was subbed off.

Redcy

Because all Ole does is lie in his press conferences, apparently. Three games into the new season and he hasnt started them all, so he's clearly off next summer, didnt you know mate?

Clear as day Ole is losing patience with Lingard, Gomes just has to wait and take his chance when he gets it, which I feel will be sooner rather than later.
It’s clear as day that ole is doing no such thing. Lingard is a main starter at no 10, and he believes he brings more to the game than assists and goals. Gomes is in no way dislodging Lingard,if he gets an injury it will be pereira who comes in. The only games Gomes is getting is in cup games.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He hasn't secured a long term future here yet right? Does anyone think that's a reason Ole hasn't kept him with the first team as much as Greenwood?

I hope Greenwood starts so I can see what this hype is about. I preferred the look of Gomes in pre season to any other youth talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.