5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

lumeyes

Your opinion? You took what I posted and blew it out of all context and then added things I had not mentioned nor implied.
You’re welcome to post your opinion, but don’t try pass my option off as something it simply is not, you’re not entitled to do that.

Back on thread, Angel has been offered another contract, with better terms on the wages front. Negotiations still ongoing.
Sorry you can't be the judge in your own case, so I am perfectly entitled to my opinion. What makes you think you are entitled to speculate on what Ole thinks and feels about Gomes and another person isn't entitled to speculate on your speculations? I repeat that line of argument that Ole feels, sees, and thinks ... bla bla bla ... about Gomes is pure crap, as long as it is used to explain or justify while Lingard has accumulated an unfair amount of game time at the detriment of Gomes.

lumeyes

So we’ve offered to treble his wages (30k per week) according to reports... will it be enough to persuade him?
If I were close to Gomes I woud advise him to focus more on getting sufficient game time than wages. Why increase his wage when he's not been contributing to the team?

Red_toad

Sorry you can't be the judge in your own case, so I am perfectly entitled to my opinion. What makes you think you are entitled to speculate on what Ole thinks and feels about Gomes and another person isn't entitled to speculate on your speculations? I repeat that line of argument that Ole feels, sees, and thinks ... bla bla bla ... about Gomes is pure crap, as long as it is used to explain or justify while Lingard has accumulated an unfair amount of game time at the detriment of Gomes.
What the feck you smokin dude?
Please leave my opinion alone and potter on with your entitlement.

lumeyes

What the feck you smokin dude?
Please leave my opinion alone and potter on with your entitlement.
Fair enough, let's leave it there. You can go on with whatever you are smoking but be aware that you are in a public forum and have not right to stop anyone from responding to your unfounded opinion.

Red_toad

Fair enough, let's leave it there. You can go on with whatever you are smoking but be aware that you are in a public forum and have not right to stop anyone from responding to your unfounded opinion.
Don’t post stuff that makes out people said stuff they didn’t. That’s not your opinion, it’s just arrogance.

dutchred

We need to keep Gomes and all the other talented youngsters we have e.g
Laird
Devine
Mengi
Gardner
Levitt
and some of the other good youngsters.

Contano

Gomes interview the main headline on United website today. Is that a sign? Starting tomorrow and signing a contract ? Here's hoping.....

sherrinford

If there is one thing Ole has got right it is the youth players. Some of you actually live in some make believe reality. Fergie almost never played several youth products in one go except in cup games or dead rubber games. Each year we would see one or two given a few opportunities. This is exactly what we have seen this year. Williams and Greenwood got their opportunities. The other youth players got less time, but still something. I repeat, this is exactly what used to happen with Fergie.

If Gomes was ready, he would have featured more. The evidence is that when Shaw was injured, thre was no hesistation to play Williams. The fact that Ole has been so careful to play Gomes suggest he isn't ready.

Some of you need to just accept that and move on. This thread has become an embarassment.
The fact that Solskjaer has been so reluctant to play Gomes suggests that Solskjaer may think he’s not ready, or too small, or just not good enough, etc. Are you saying there is nothing the manager has done here that you have disagreed with? The whole ‘obviously not ready (ie good enough)/ not showing enough in training’ is a nonsense argument when objecting to posters who want to see him more, based on what they’ve seen from all of him, Lingard, Pereira and Mata.

Williams has nothing to do with, and is completely irrelevant in assessing, Gomes.

Physically, Gomes looked more prepared for senior football at the beginning of the season than Greenwood did, yet Greenwood has been properly integrated into the first team while Gomes has not been given a fair crack of the whip at all.

Other young players being given a fair chance is not an indication that Gomes will get his or that him not getting his is justifiable. Why would it be - he is watching others surpass him in squad standing while he is starved of reasonable game time.

LJJT

More passion in this thread than any other. I don’t really see much in this lad but would love him to make it and be brilliant for us. I just think he’s not playing cos he’s not good enough or ready yet. Will be a shame if he leaves us either way.

Bondi77

This will be one of the signings that Ole has said the club have been working on along with the comebacks of Bailly, Fosu and Dalot which will be like new signings and there you have our January transfer additions.

Alabaster Codify7

More passion in this thread than any other. I don’t really see much in this lad but would love him to make it and be brilliant for us. I just think he’s not playing cos he’s not good enough or ready yet. Will be a shame if he leaves us either way.

I think he looks quite good. The problem is, it's 2020, and standards have been lowered to such an extent that looking quite good means you look potentially world-class to some United fans. In reality, from what we've seen of him, Gomes is nowhere near that at present. Greenwood looks the much more talented prospect and even he is inconsistent.

LJJT

I think he looks quite good. The problem is, it's 2020, and standards have been lowered to such an extent that looking quite good means you look potentially world-class to some United fans. In reality, from what we've seen of him, Gomes is nowhere near that at present. Greenwood looks the much more talented prospect and even he is inconsistent.
Agree I think Greenwood is proving why he’s getting selected, he may not be fantastic in overall play but his contribution in goals and clinical finishing sets him above the other youth players. I’ve only been impressed with Gomes once and that was pre season but I must admit he’s had little chance since

dutchred

Agree I think Greenwood is proving why he’s getting selected, he may not be fantastic in overall play but his contribution in goals and clinical finishing sets him above the other youth players. I’ve only been impressed with Gomes once and that was pre season but I must admit he’s had little chance since
We cannot afford to let palyers of this quality go when we see what we have in the present team
Lingaard, Pereira, Mata

M16Red

No one is saying he's world class, but he is a creative 10, who was also playing as a 6 / 8 for Nicky Butt because of his ability to beat a press and pass forward. The thing is we're missing this type of player and Ole seems reluctant to play him. Maybe because of size or contract - I personally think it's contract, he has already played Tranmere this season for the unders (we lost 3-2).

He'll get more chances at UTD to play than any other team in the top flight.

In Rainbows

I don't think we're saying he's potentially world class. What we're saying is that his development should be prioritized over Lingard's production considering Lingard is providing 0 end product and has no room to grow at this point. Gomes was always a much bigger talent than Lingard (and Pereira for that matter), and so there is a chance he turns into a more productive player than Lingard.

POF

Physically, Gomes looked more prepared for senior football at the beginning of the season than Greenwood did
Really? To who?

There are players in the u16s that look physically more ready for senior football than Gomes.

Smores

So far it's a case of Ole favouring keeping his other options happy first as there's too many already challenging for that spot. Greenwood and Williams have not had that same level of competition in their way fortunately for them.

Given results and that the seniors haven't performed it's well overdue that Gomes is given their time. He's ready and he'll leave if we don't utilise him, there's simply not much to lose by playing him.

sherrinford

Really? To who?

There are players in the u16s that look physically more ready for senior football than Gomes.
To me. Gomes looked razor sharp and clearly the most ready of our young players. Size is irrelevant.

Rooney1987

I wonder if he has signed with another team or agreed too. Then again what makes me doubt that is Ed with his PR leaks would be first to tell everyone it’s Gomes not us, that’s why he ain’t playing. Blame him.

mewnew11

Some guy on twitter saying Gomes turned up late to training hence dropped. Not sure of the validity though

acnumber9

I wonder if he has signed with another team or agreed too. Then again what makes me doubt that is Ed with his PR leaks would be first to tell everyone it’s Gomes not us, that’s why he ain’t playing. Blame him.
Nobody but a select few people on the internet care about Gomes. He’s been crap any time he’s played for the first team. Some people want to convince themselves otherwise because he has decent control and does the odd flick. If you rewind back a few years similar whining was being done about why we didn’t play Pereira.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
If he cannot get into the team during this management team being in charge then it just means he’s either not ready or not good enough. Ole’s management have already showed they are willing to play the kids if they’re ready or good enough.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
If he cannot get into the team during this management team being in charge then it just means he’s either not ready or not good enough. Ole’s management have already showed they are willing to play the kids if they’re ready or good enough.
I think it most likely means he's off tbh. I can't see any other reason why he wouldn't have been on the bench today as it seemed the perfect game for it. The whole situation is bizarre.

mu4c_20le

I think it most likely means he's off tbh. I can't see any other reason why he wouldn't have been on the bench today as it seemed the perfect game for it. The whole situation is bizarre.
Again, Chong has been openly talking to other clubs, and is still ahead of him. Must be an attitude issue.

Yagami

Good post resistant
What makes it stranger is that he made the bench for a much tougher game against Burnley in just our last game.

Status
Not open for further replies.