5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

flameinthesun

Not really a standout talent, one we should not persist with. Like when williams came into the team his attitude and commitment was a breath of fresh air, but now we have seen him over a run of games hes just your run of the mill winger with no real standout traits.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
He could be a decent squad option, not more than that.
He has been receiving more credit because he is almost the only attacking player in our team currently who is willing to run and work for the team occasionally.

city-puma

I believe posters are being unbelievably harsh on Elanga. He is the only youngster being trusted with minutes in this dysfunctional team, let us see how he does when we have a proper structure in place.
You have to accept many of those just love talking nonsense and don’t realize it

Reddevildans

I’m actually quite the opposite. I worry when players are unable to get chances.

Finishing natural? Remember Ronaldo from -03 to -06? Suarez in his first season? Salah at Chelsea?
Maybe they were destined to be world class? Only a small minority of players will turn out like those. Look at greenwood. His finishing was generally exceptional since bursting on the scene. Shame whats happened. Then you have rashford who's finishing has always been questionable.

Anyway I think elanga has a role to play. But he's a squad player at best.

led_scholes

I just hope we don't offer him a 100k week contract.

He seems a good guy, but honestly with all this awful attitude shown by our academy players, I m quite afraid to get excited with someone.

Bwuk

Happy for him to be a squad player, but if he’s starting next season every game we won’t be finishing in the top 4.

I like Elanga but his end product is poor. Dan James standard.

Real Name

I like how he's good pals with Ronaldo and from the outside it seems he takes Ronaldo's advice and looks up to him. Can do him only a ton of good that.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
It's about the time we should try and sell him before he starts struggling.

Abraxas

Tried but wasn't his night. Didn't have an awful lot of good situations to exploit. Nothing to run onto, virtually no opportunity to test his man. Has shown enough endeavour for me to think he should get a season in a hopefully better functioning side and we'll see what he's got. There's a possibility he's only looked promising at times due to the sheer ineptitude of those around him and therefore meeting minimum standards has propelled him in the manager's thoughts. But I think with a young lad that has a good attitude and could improve..well..it's the least of our problems.

RedRoach

Not seeing it in him. Think he will end up being the new Lingard. Good lad with a good attitude but lacks any kind of cutting edge or special attribute that would make him a threat to premier league defences. Still early days and hopefully this assessment is proven wrong.

A-man

Needs to move better and start more runs without the ball. Takes a big defensive responsibility, and I think that cost him some offensive opportunities on counters.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Think he's one I'd definitely consider loaning next year. We've given him an opportunity, in an admittedly terrible side, but he's taking time to adapt which is normal. Give him a year or two out on loan and see how he does. He looked a class act for the U23s so there could still be a player in there somewhere, some just take longer than others to find their feet.

Red00012

I hope he can kick on next season. Looks like it won’t be from lack of effort anyway at least

OverratedOpinion

Give him a loan, he probably isn't good enough but god knows how much of that is playing in a totally disjointed team. Doesn't hide and puts in a good amount of effort.

Devil may care

He hasn't shown a lot offensively but works hard and sticks to instructions, it will be interesting to see how he does when Ten Hag hopefully sorts things out and those instructions include some genuine patterns of attack.

JeffFromHK

Could be a solid backup for us for a few years before shipping off to low PL teams in late 20s, like Wes Brown, O Shea, Butt, Fletcher & Co.

NoPace

Is it conceivable Ten Hag could switch could play Mazraoui's role or just generally be a RB? Defends well, good athlete. Probably not though, as Mazraoui was a CM/DM apparently, and Elanga is a winger.

I think if Ten Hag does prefer one of Amad or Pellistri, and we loan Elanga out to a Prem side that plays more of a 4-4-2 he'd do well and we'll get a decent fee at least.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I believe posters are being unbelievably harsh on Elanga. He is the only youngster being trusted with minutes in this dysfunctional team, let us see how he does when we have a proper structure in place.
Agreed.

Redlyn

Could be a solid backup for us for a few years before shipping off to low PL teams in late 20s, like Wes Brown, O Shea, Butt, Fletcher & Co.
Most of those players left in their 30s, Fletcher wasn't a backup, he became one of our most important players at around 24-25 before struggling with illness. If Elanga can have a career here like those guys he would have done really well for himself. But attacking roles are unforgiving. He needs to show more quality or he won't (shouldn't) last long.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I don't think he has the quality to be honest. He's no Mason Greenwood, ability wise.

I just hope we don't offer him some ridiculous wage just as reward for breaking through the first team. It's relatively easier breaking through the first team nowadays anyway. People like David Healy, Luke Chadwick or Guiseppe Rossi would have had more appearances for the club if they were breaking through today.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Caf

Rashford's too lazy, doesn't work hard enough - get rid!

Also Caf

Elanga puts in a shift but not good enough - get rid!
Well, yeah. We kind of need players who put a shift in and are good enough? Like what the teams above us at the top of the league have?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I'll keep him in and around the squad next season.
I think he'll eventually become a solid offensive utility player with great work ethic, which he already has.

The kid has been involved in every game since the turn of the year. I look forward to seeing how he fares under ETH. United are currently a shambles but at least the kid currently has high energy and a good attitude. Long may it continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.