5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marwood

On top of all the other stuff like too much being asked of him too soon, he's also playing out of position.

I watched him in the U23's and never or rarely saw him on the right.

Like a lot of young right footed attackers his game at U23 level was about bombing forward, cutting in and getting a shot off.

I thought he was too one dimensional because of that but if that's his game he should be allowed to carry that on in the first team.

Augustus Gloop

He’s already a decent squad player but he was particularly poor yesterday. Dire in fact. He broke down several attacks for us.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Looks a little out of his depth, but when the whole team is performing poorly, then it is difficult for a youngster making his way in the game to perform well.
I would have loved to have seen some of our younger players getting minutes in the team recently, but perhaps it's a good thing that Rangnick is not giving them time in the pitch with such a poor team effort in recent matches, it may give them a traumatic experience that they may have to deal with. New season, new ideas, new hope.

Idxomer

You can't have a forward who offers so little on the ball like him.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
With the amount of stick elanga is receiving, now you know why rangnick is not fielding the other kids.

It would be detrimental to throw the kids into the snakepit. Best to wait till the squad is gutted and they're integrated into a new squad under a new management.

hobbers

He's not got any sort of noteworthy talent on the ball. His touch is very reminiscent of Lingard, as is his complete lack of physical presence.

darko

On top of all the other stuff like too much being asked of him too soon, he's also playing out of position.

I watched him in the U23's and never or rarely saw him on the right.

Like a lot of young right footed attackers his game at U23 level was about bombing forward, cutting in and getting a shot off.

I thought he was too one dimensional because of that but if that's his game he should be allowed to carry that on in the first team.
What's the point of having a LF or RF who's main objective is cutting in and taking a shot while the CF and AM get no service? Learn to use two feet otherwise scrap the Academy. I'm tired of these one-footed half-wonders.

Marwood

What's the point of having a LF or RF who's main objective is cutting in and taking a shot while the CF and AM get no service? Learn to use two feet otherwise scrap the Academy. I'm tired of these one-footed half-wonders.
I agree with you he needs more to his game and that's why I didn't think he'd make the step up from U23's.

But if you're going to bring a young lad in you have to let him play his game.

M Bison

Supports
York City
It’s unfair to him that we’ve become reliant on him to play each game.

He should be a squad player that’s being eased in, playing the odd game and coming on from the bench.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He should ideally be sent on loan. But we need numbers so he'll he a squad player next season.

GL21

On the whole surely he is a Ray of light from a dire season. At his age if there is potential we need to focus on that

TOKUGAWA-X

There is potential no doubt but i see him for now as a hardworking player. Useful for some games.

Bobade

He’s ok, but should be back on the bench next season and given chance to prove himself in a better team. I’m not seeing much that he does that Dan James didn’t though.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He had a bad game and it never got going for him. It happens with young players though. No need to go overboard.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I don't understand why he starts game (despite not doing well overall) yet the other youngsters don't get a chance

Frank White

Woeful. Wasn't alone but needs a reduced role next season if we're to progress as a team.

lsd

The Oracle
One of the few players that can hold their head up this season.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
His overall play was shaky but I think he created 2 very good chances that we were unlucky to get someone on the end of. I think we might end up loaning him, he's still very green.

Adam-Utd

I think ETH will turn him into a right back.

He is best when running into space, he's a decent crosser and not bad at going down the outside 1v1.

I'm actually reminded of Alphonso Davies when I watch him. Might need a little period of adjusting but I think it could work well with a winger like Antony cutting inside.

dutchred

He is best when running into space, he's a decent crosser and not bad at going down the outside 1v1.

I'm actually reminded of Alphonso Davies when I watch him. Might need a little period of adjusting but I think it could work well with a winger like Antony cutting inside.
I mentioned that above

united for life

i really hope not. A fullback should fist know how to defend. ETH should not improvise like this, will hurt him.

elanga was relatively good this year, I guess the low expectations helped. I, however, do not think he is someone who will break through to be a regular starter. I have not seen that quality in him. A squad player would be a good role for him unless he shows different class within a functional team (if we are ever functional again).

Adam-Utd

i really hope not. A fullback should fist know how to defend. ETH should not improvise like this, will hurt him.

elanga was relatively good this year, I guess the low expectations helped. I, however, do not think he is someone who will break through to be a regular starter. I have not seen that quality in him. A squad player would be a good role for him unless he shows different class within a functional team (if we are ever functional again).
Not in the modern day they dont.

TAA was a central midfielder for instance. Tackling isn't exactly something that is difficult anyway, you're either good at it or you aren't.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

Doubt it with the timber rumours but not a bad shout at all. We need to clear the decks at RB and AWB seems like he’s on the block. If we go 5 atb maybe Elanga is a victor moses type. I’d rather him on loan play LW though. I think he’s got value (for sale) that we haven’t seen yet

edcunited1878

Individual defending he'll have to learn sure, but so did Valencia or Ashley Young and they were older players. You can be taught how to defend 1v1 and in space and positioning, but then you'll always have to experience yourself in live situations to get the experience and gain the knowledge of executing. So while there's a concern, there is still room to learn.

Defending is much more a team oriented cause, rather than just the backline and goalkeeper. If Elanga can be developed and improved as something else, then so be it. Alphonso Davies is the best and most dynamic player in North America, but he plays as a forward/attacking player for Canada but has found a really good position as LB/left wingback at Bayern. Better do it when you're young because you don't have as much tendencies for a specific position, you're still developing and learning about football and how you as a player can impact the match.

hobbers

He's not becoming a right back. Every time you see him try and tackle someone he ends up setting the other team through some how, he just bounces off of people.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
May be right wingback but 100% he won't become a right back at this early stage. I don't see any attributes of what he can offer as right back.

copen1945

I guess he is the teacher's pet, as alluded to in the MEN article. Our players were surprised that he got so many minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.