Anthony Elanga | signs for Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Great fee for a player who could barely control the ball last season.

That said, he's obviously low on confidence, so expect his performances to improve when he's starting regularly at a club with significantly less pressure.

Good luck to the lad.

SAFMUTD

15M is really good money for him. I was expecting 8-10M considering he barely played last season and the whole world knows he's not going to make it here.

Giggsyking

Makes all the difference. If we ever sell Brandon Williams we'll get about two pence because of the stupid contract we gave him.
Yeah 65k a week is huge. He is nowhere near that type of salary.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
John Murtough the deal maker, 15m is garbage for a Swedish international. The amount of spin in here again. United don't sell players well ect. Harvey Barnes, Anthony Gordon recently and James Trafford yesterday. Yeah the English tax but United never get a good price. This is down to people giving out stupid wages in contracts/poor negotiating. They can see the circus coming. Maybe this wasn't an issue a few years ago when United had money, but they are broke now and ffp is apparently a thing.

Club deserve to be absolutely slated and ridiculed. Won't change until competent people are in charge. Feel sorry for ETH having to work with such fools. Be interesting to see what happens with Henderson now.
Moan moan moan. What a load of cobblers

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Great deal for all parties. Hope he does well there. Seems like a good lad and a model professional, just doesn't have the quality for this level (which is nothing to be ashamed of, as most other PL players don't either).

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Surely all the wages that you are complaining about were agreed under the previous administration (Woodward, Judge, etc)? Why blame the current guys? While they may not be perfect all the signs are that they are far better than the previous jokers.
They were but hey why let the facts get in the way

city-puma

Forest now gets a promising, young attacker on left to form their young frontline trident. Good for Elanga to continue his development. Do we have buyback clause?

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Same price as Alan Shearer and twice as much as Andy Cole

Barthez

Whoever sectioned £65k a week for BW needs sacking on the spot and a public flogging

Tom Van Persie

No relation
£15M and reportedly a small sell on clause is a good fee for Elanga. He hasn't scored a club goal in 18 months and hardly featured last season. Forest is a good move for him I reckon he will do decent there. Anyway I wish him all the best, I will always remember his goal against Atletico. One of the high points of a shite season.

GledTheRed

£15M and reportedly a small sell on clause is a good fee for Elanga. He hasn't scored a club goal in 18 months and hardly featured last season. Forest is a good move for him I reckon he will do decent there. Anyway I wish him all the best, I will always remember his goal against Atletico. One of the high points of a shite season.
Well said.

roseguy64

Makes all the difference. If we ever sell Brandon Williams we'll get about two pence because of the stupid contract we gave him.
Williams definitely isn't earning as much as people think he is. It was reported as up to 60odd thousand a week. With his injuries and falling down the pecking order, he's not getting close to that.

Tarrou

Williams definitely isn't earning as much as people think he is. It was reported as up to 60odd thousand a week. With his injuries and falling down the pecking order, he's not getting close to that.
why would him getting injured and falling down the pecking order impact his contract?

he signed it years ago

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I'm not sure you understand how contracts work

roseguy64

why would him getting injured and falling down the pecking order impact his contract?

he signed it years ago
I'm not sure you understand how contracts work
I simply mean that the 65k isn't his basic wage. His lack of playing time means he's earning only the basic wages and not the appearances bonuses and similar that are included to make up the 65k.

Tarrou

I simply mean that the 65k isn't his basic wage. His lack of playing time means he's earning only the basic wages and not the appearances bonuses and similar that are included to make up the 65k.
whatever the make-up of these contracts it certainly isn't helping us shift our players who don't get in the team

so I'm guessing the basic wage is making up the bulk of it, otherwise we could shift them away quite easily

ROFLUTION

I think he actually has talent if played consistently and in the right role/system. So it’s a fair price for me.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Just for comparison McTominay is on 60k, 5k less than him.
I do remember talk about a significant (ie. probably more than normal) amount of Williams wage being made up of add-ons, in which case he'd actually be getting quite a lot less. Not sure if that is actually true or if it was just people guessing because of how obviously ridiculous the wage was though.

Idxomer

I do remember talk about a significant (ie. probably more than normal) amount of Williams wage being made up of add-ons, in which case he'd actually be getting quite a lot less. Not sure if that is actually true or if it was just people guessing because of how obviously ridiculous the wage was though.
There's zero chance Brandon Williams is earning more than McTominay. Both signed their new contracts very close to each other and the latter had a much higher status in the squad. People shouldn't believe those wages reported online, clubs never leak their details and even the final figures reported aren't always true.

Williams is earning way too much but that would be the case for any United player on 1st team wages who's barely championship level like him.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
But I thought United couldn't sell players for decent fees....etc etc?

He's a good player and got a feeling he will shine at Forest.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
But I thought United couldn't sell players for decent fees....etc etc?

He's a good player and got a feeling he will shine at Forest.
The difference is he can still improve a ton, is an excellent athlete, works hard, and is not a meme.

SoCross

Was always excited to see Elanga, was chuffed when he broke through. Was definitely overplayed though, never thought he’d make so many appearances for us this quick.

There is a player in him but below the top 6,7 clubs. This is a good deal for Forest, solid addition to their squad.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Good deal for all parties, we got good fee, Forest will get young player with potential and also someone who can contribute this season. Elanga will get lot of mins which is needed for his development.

AFC NimbleThumb

This guy would make a pretty good attacking wing back imo. £15mil would be great business for the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.