Anthony Elanga | signs for Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was massively over-promoted by Rangnick. Decent fee, good move for him. As others have said, seems like one which suits all parties.
Totally agree with that, also fair play to Elanga, turned down Everton because he didn't fancy Dyche ball and waited for a better offer. Good deal all round

RedCurry

He’s going to come good I have no doubt. He’s one of the best athletes in our squad and he showed that he’s also a good footballer when he broke through under Ragnick. He might even transition to a flying wingback for the right manager. Sometimes development is not linear but he has the foundation needed.

Redstain

Reasonable fee, I think Elanga has the qualities to be a top 10 player for a league side. I know Sancho is the better player but there's not much separation when it comes to performances. One has the athleticism but lacks solid technical ability and Sancho is almost the exact opposite with the addition of an even softer mindset. Elanga probably has been very passive in training the wide areas misfired so much last season it's a surprise he got such minimal game time.

Malone_Post

Hope he does well as he seems like a good lad but in all honesty I’m not convinced he’s PL quality. £15 mil is a great deal from our perspective.

Stadjer

Bollocks. £15 million is a really good fee. If Elanga is still playing Premier League football within the next three years I’d be surprised.

Using City as a benchmark is laughable. Their numbers are bent and everybody knows it.
Not only that. The City youth goalkeeper is the starting goalkeeper for the young England team. Elanga is Swedish and not nearly as talented as many City talents. I think 15m is a great deal. Way more than i ever expected.

Todd

Good fee, I figured we'd get around 10 for him. Wish the lad luck, he's not United quality but I hope he does well for them.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Good move. He just wasn’t good enough but can’t fault his effort. Wish him the best.

Abraxas

Nice one.

Think it's a fair deal for all concerned. He's still very young and can develop for Forest but evidently not close to our level and very little prospect of becoming so.

I think he's right to go for them over Everton too. They seem ambitious.

Red00012

The meltdown by some in between him saying no to Everton and the Forest tweet was worth a read :lol: how dare he pick a club where he thinks would suit his development better

mintyred

The fact he got a PL move without having the ability to score or assist is impressive in itself.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Good on sales so far, soon Bailly, Telles, Henderson.

Hopefully Fred towards the end of the window and bonus points for Maguire

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Good on sales so far, soon Bailly, Telles, Henderson.

Hopefully Fred towards the end of the window and bonus points for Maguire
VDB will likely leave too I would imagine

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Good deal. Also helps that he earns about 50 cent per week.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
We don’t really sign players as bad as him. James the exception I guess.
And weghorst. Could name a few that aren’t bad players but we’ve signed them and they’ve turned bad.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Smart move to reject Dyche and move to Forrest.

siw2007

Wish him the best of luck at Forest. Talented player, has the potential to be a good premier league player with the right game time. Just not quite good enough for us. £15m is a good few for the club, especially as he hasn’t played much this year.

humdinger

He had some nice moments for us and quite likeable. Right decision to sell him. Wish him well.

Morpheus 7

John Murtough the deal maker, 15m is garbage for a Swedish international. The amount of spin in here again. United don't sell players well ect. Harvey Barnes, Anthony Gordon recently and James Trafford yesterday. Yeah the English tax but United never get a good price. This is down to people giving out stupid wages in contracts/poor negotiating. They can see the circus coming. Maybe this wasn't an issue a few years ago when United had money, but they are broke now and ffp is apparently a thing.

Club deserve to be absolutely slated and ridiculed. Won't change until competent people are in charge. Feel sorry for ETH having to work with such fools. Be interesting to see what happens with Henderson now.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
John Murtough the deal maker, 15m is garbage for a Swedish international. The amount of spin in here again. United don't sell players well ect. Harvey Barnes, Anthony Gordon recently and James Trafford yesterday. Yeah the English tax but United never get a good price. This is down to people giving out stupid wages in contracts/poor negotiating. They can see the circus coming. Maybe this wasn't an issue a few years ago when United had money, but they are broke now and ffp is apparently a thing.

Club deserve to be absolutely slated and ridiculed. Won't change until competent people are in charge. Feel sorry for ETH having to work with such fools. Be interesting to see what happens with Henderson now.
Calm down :lol:

Gandalf

Are you seriously comparing Elanga to Harvey Barnes?

He hasn't scored in 18 months and has a total of 4 goals in 55 senior appearances, 0 in 26 games last season. Sure he is a current Sweden international but so are a whole load of other players who wouldn't raise 5M in the transfer market if they were available.

Johan77

He hasn't scored in 18 months and has a total of 4 goals in 55 senior appearances, 0 in 26 games last season. Sure he is a current Sweden international but so are a whole load of other players who wouldn't raise 5M in the transfer market if they were available.
+ The swedish national team is the worst in many many years, and Elanga is not close to start.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv

Man said "Swedish international" like they are still making Kurt Hamrin's :lol:

Morpheus 7

I'm more giving context in how poor the fee is. Again, City just sold a youth keeper for 19m yesterday. Probably be a parade organised in here if we get that for Henderson.

NotThatSoph

I'm more giving context in how poor the fee is. Again, City just sold a youth keeper for 19m yesterday. Probably be a parade organised in here if we get that for Henderson.
£15m is a great fee for Elanga, from United's perspective. Hopefully for him it's a good deal for Forest as well, but I'm not very optimistic on that front.

City sold a keeper regarded as a top talent. United is trying to sell a keeper that is currently better, but not regarded as a top talent. City would be happy keeping Trafford, United wants to get rid.

When you buy young players, you're paying for both current ability and for potential, and it's of course more expensive to buy players from clubs not looking to sell.

Revan

Assumptionman
This is a fantastic fee for him. He hasn’t shown anything except during that purple patch under Rangnick. Poor men’s Jesse Lingard.

Now hopefully they give us another 25m for Hendersen.

reddev3

Harvey Barnes and Gordon were wanted by Champions league clubs, Elanga is wanted by relegation fodder. It's you that needs to recalibrate your valuations.

And unless you're talking about the the top 10 or so nations, being an International doesn't mean much.

Suv666

Great deal he’s hardworking and will be a great asset for Forest. Wish him the best

Status
Not open for further replies.