Anthony Elanga | signs for Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trex

Someone is complaining about the fee? We could have signed Messi in 2009 and someone would complain. " uhh we bought the midget from Barcelona, shawcross will have him for breakfast". Moancaf.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Everyone on here seems to be saying £15 million is an amazing fee, but I think we could have done a bit better (£20 million ish). At least we are shifting some deadwood finally.

Hope there’s more to come and we can shift Maguire, Fred, Telles, Bailly, Henderson etc.

Morpheus 7

Harvey Barnes and Gordon were wanted by Champions league clubs, Elanga is wanted by relegation fodder. It's you that needs to recalibrate your valuations.

And unless you're talking about the the top 10 or so nations, being an International doesn't mean much.
Gordon is awful, crazy he's getting to play CL. No other CL team wanted him, EL teams didn't even want him. Harvey Barnes was average at best at a relegated Leicester. I don't have to recalibrate a thing, the wages and contracts for mediocre players is different level.

United are basically giving players away like Telles and Bailly because of wages they were given. Because they made an absolute balls up of contracts. I'll continue to call out these jokers in charge. The money de gea was getting was unbelievable, not like anybody even tried to buy him. Then we were suppose to applaud Mortough and Arnold, not a chance.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Gordon is awful, crazy he's getting to play CL. No other CL team wanted him, EL teams didn't even want him. Harvey Barnes was average at best at a relegated Leicester. I don't have to recalibrate a thing, the wages and contracts for mediocre players is different level.

United are basically giving players away like Telles and Bailly because of wages they were given. Because they made an absolute balls up of contracts. I'll continue to call out these jokers in charge. The money de gea was getting was unbelievable, not like anybody even tried to buy him. Then we were suppose to applaud Mortough and Arnold, not a chance.
Surely all the wages that you are complaining about were agreed under the previous administration (Woodward, Judge, etc)? Why blame the current guys? While they may not be perfect all the signs are that they are far better than the previous jokers.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Seems like a decent fee and I hope nothing but the best for the lad. I always thought some of the criticism in recent times was a bit over the top. At minimum he appears to be a model professional and able of the occasional bit of magic. Hopefully being a lower pressure environment is good for him. Good luck, Anthony!

carpy

Puff the magic dragon

Comparing Elanga with Harvey Barnes is ridiculous. Barnes has been a first team regular for Leicester for four seasons and scored 45 goals for them. Elanga has done nothing in club football.

Plastic Evra

Best decision for all involved. I think that's a decent to good fee for him, if you can ship out three players around there (or 20-25m) this is either giving some breathing room for more recruitment or make that window a lot more financially sustainable (not-my-money but the club will be hurt if cash continues to be pissed down the drain year in year out).

Good travels to Elanga. He was very fast.

Red_toad

Surely all the wages that you are complaining about were agreed under the previous administration (Woodward, Judge, etc)? Why blame the current guys? While they may not be perfect all the signs are that they are far better than the previous jokers.
Yep you nailed it. OP is barking up the wrong tree.

Bertie Wooster

Happy enough with the fee if it's minimum £15m.

But it isn't a 'great fee'. But at least it's decent. He's a 21 year old attacking player with 50+ games on his CV for Man United and who has established himself in the senior national squad for Sweden and who is joining another PL club.

So we should definitely have been able to command a minimum £15m fee. I think clubs like City and Liverpool would have been getting £20m+ for an international academy striker like that, but happy enough with us managing to at least get £15m and hopefully a sell on fee.

90 + 5min

Happy with this. Good for him to. Despite starting bright it was just clear he wasn't made for us.

roseguy64

Don’t think we can get over 10m for him. We likely could have sold him for 20m last summer when his stock was high, but we never sell players at the right time.
This seems wrong now.

I'm only going through the thread now. Not saved this or anything.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
And weghorst. Could name a few that aren’t bad players but we’ve signed them and they’ve turned bad.
We didn't sign Weghorst, we just borrowed him for a few months

roseguy64

Shite players go for decent money all the time. Everton the team interested in Elanga literally payed £35m for Alex Iwobi! A player who’s just as bad if not worse than Elanga.
Alex Iwobi had played 149 times for Arsenal by the time he was sold and had played in a World Cup. He played 35 league games for Arsenal in his last season. Come on now...

foolsgold

Decent fee, good luck to the lad, never thought he was going to make it here.

Seemed to be a Ralph favourite for reasons I couldn't fathom.

El Jefe

Really good fee in my opinion.

With how good our academy is at producing players we should generate 2-3 of these types of sales every season. Just imagine if we sold the likes of TFM, Tuanzebe, Brandon Williams and Henderson earlier.

Not just the club but this fanbase is too sentimental when it comes to selling youth players. Selling them at the right time could be the difference between £20m and them leavinv on a free or for pennies.

ThanksBoss26

Really good fee in my opinion.

With how good our academy is at producing players we should generate 2-3 of these types of sales every season. Just imagine if we sold the likes of TFM, Tuanzebe, Brandon Williams and Henderson earlier.

Not just the club but this fanbase is too sentimental when it comes to selling youth players. Selling them at the right time could be the difference between £20m and them leavinv on a free or for pennies.
I’ve often felt the club were scared to death after what happened with Pogba in 2012. Felt like for years after they were concerned about it happening again, hence Henderson getting this deal when there was the whisper of interest from Chelsea.

Hopefully better decisions will be made going forward. As we know the contracts, not just for guys from the youth team, were a disgrace under Woodward.

IrishRedDevil

Yeah seems we are more willing to sell now.

Plus the safety net is we insert buy back clauses or clauses that we can match any offer from other clubs.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I’ve often felt the club were scared to death after what happened with Pogba in 2012. Felt like for years after they were concerned about it happening again, hence Henderson getting this deal when there was the whisper of interest from Chelsea.

Hopefully better decisions will be made going forward. As we know the contracts, not just for guys from the youth team, were a disgrace under Woodward.
Henderson was slated to be DDG's replacement and was in the frame as England's GK at one pont,

At what age are we supposed to give up on these young players, from the sound of it it looks like if they aren't first team regulars by 19/20 years old they should be gone according to some

Tarrou

John Murtough the deal maker, 15m is garbage for a Swedish international. The amount of spin in here again. United don't sell players well ect. Harvey Barnes, Anthony Gordon recently and James Trafford yesterday. Yeah the English tax but United never get a good price. This is down to people giving out stupid wages in contracts/poor negotiating. They can see the circus coming. Maybe this wasn't an issue a few years ago when United had money, but they are broke now and ffp is apparently a thing.

Club deserve to be absolutely slated and ridiculed. Won't change until competent people are in charge. Feel sorry for ETH having to work with such fools. Be interesting to see what happens with Henderson now.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

surely this is parody/satire?

joedirt87

I think it's a good fee, happy to get that for him and hope it works out for him.

roseguy64

Comparing Elanga with Harvey Barnes is ridiculous. Barnes has been a first team regular for Leicester for four seasons and scored 45 goals for them. Elanga has done nothing in club football.
Exactly. Elanga would love to have Harvey Barnes' career at his stage right now.

roseguy64

Decent fee, good luck to the lad, never thought he was going to make it here.

Seemed to be a Ralph favourite for reasons I couldn't fathom.
Because everyone else downed tools.

Was hoping for 20m but 15m is fine. Would hope we could include some add-ons or clauses in that for a potential bit of additional cash in future.

ShinjiNinja26

Alex Iwobi had played 149 times for Arsenal by the time he was sold and had played in a World Cup. He played 35 league games for Arsenal in his last season. Come on now...
I replied to a poster that said the reason Elanga would go for peanuts was because he was shite, I was using an example of another shite player going for a quite lot of money to the club in question. It’s irrelevant how often he played for Arsenal, he’s still shite.

roseguy64

I replied to a poster that said the reason Elanga would go for peanuts was because he was shite, I was using an example of another shite player going for a quite lot of money to the club in question. It’s irrelevant how often he played for Arsenal, he’s still shite.
He wasn't really viewed that way at the time by a lot of people. He was still promising.

Morpheus 7

I was using the fee as context, never said Elanga was better Barnes. He isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.