Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Ended up playing more centrally late in the game. I hope he gets the nod on the left in the EUROs, though.

Pogba is a very good player, isn't he? The complete package.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
I think he misses out because he was hardly getting the ball after a good first twenty mins but nearing the last twenty of the second half there were fewer runs and less attacking intent when he was on.

LouisDanGaal

I've missed him so much since the end of the season, he just is so exciting, with United we may not be up to much at the minute but we have him, not sure what is going to get me through the England games.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Cool!
Best player after De Gea this season. The ones that LvG could not affect.

Watching the video like "we never went for Matuidi.. that's sad"
Perhaps it would make you feel better if we 'went for Matuidi' so that we can be told to feck off by PSG. That's exactly what would happen.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Hopefully we sign another young talented winger. Maybe that Ounas guy to give him some breathing space. Have zero faith in Memphis.

redwar

Perhaps it would make you feel better if we 'went for Matuidi' so that we can be told to feck off by PSG. That's exactly what would happen.
Matuidi played for Saint-Etienne before PSG and that's what I 'm talking about.
He was well known for his tenacity since he was a kid. He was playing along Dabo, Payet, Mirallas and Gomis. A few seasons back, before moving to other clubs, their value was well known, as Saint-Etienne players. I had a close eye on some of them - against Olympiakos.

http://us.soccerway.com/matches/200...ation-sportive-de-saint-etienne-loire/732182/

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Looking forward to him in the euros.... think he will kill it. Not even sure if he is starting but he really should, and if he does, then I have no doubt about him playing a huge role.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
No hack journos linking him with PSG or Real yet?
I dont worry about PSG. Sadly I give it a maximum of two years before that crooked vulture Perez starts talking about how he admire him in the media, but that an agreement has to be reached first.

Classic Perez and that parasitic club.

R'hllor

I dont worry about PSG. Sadly I give it a maximum of two years before that crooked vulture Perez starts talking about how he admire him in the media, but that an agreement has to be reached first.

Classic Perez and that parasitic club.
Well we should offer him new contract before all talks start and not to wait when its 2 years left like we used to.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Well we should offer him new contract before all talks start and not to wait when its 2 years left like we used to.
Yes, and we are in a great position to do that since if I am not mistaken he is reported to be on under 100k\week. Leaves plenty of room for increase.

kenny19

This. If you look at how chelsea handled Hazard, they give him a new contract every 1-2 years I think. That's why even madrid can't approach him regardless of their current league position.

ryan cook

Probably my favourite player after De God. I truly hope he can kick on next season under Mourinho and reach the hieghts we all think he can get to.

Gerald G

He needs a bit of rest. He's played so much football over the past year. He's only going to have what, a 2 week break after Euros?

zenith

He'll really need a breather after the euros. Can't see him maintaining his form from the last season, given the expectations and fatigue they would likely have set it.

The BlackGaijin

I promised myself that If I ever got to the mains my first post will be on Anthony.I am living the dream right now;). Lurking around here and on our rivals' forums was especially fun this past season because of Martial.

The joy he gave people here when he scored against liverpool on his debut was unbelievable. Most of you here confessed to scaring a spouse, Child or pet half to death from celebrating that goal.

Secondly,it was pure joy observing the denial of his talent from our rivals. First they said he was lucky with the bounce of the ball against liverpool. But the young man proceeded to skin seasoned rightbacks one after the other. Then they said that the defenders always underestimate him because he is still new. Then they said the problem was that most of the defenders were scared of his speed and could not defend properly as a result.

Eventually it bacame stupid for anyone to argue against his talent so they started calling us a two man team. You read statements like .,.... "if it wasnt for Martial and De Gea they would have been relegated before ASton Villa"

I just grin every time i see this because they are finally accepting that the young man is going places.

ps. That clip of Martin Tyler Jizzing himself with the.. Ohhhhh Yesss!!!... should be in every football show's opening montage next season

Reactions: Invictus

villain

Hates Beyoncé
:eek:

If that's true we need to sign a contract extension with him asap! He would should be on atleast £150k/week.
We shouldn't just give him £150k just for the sake of it, that sets a very dangerous precedent.
Not even Ronaldo or Messi were getting that much at that age.

As long as he stays we will reward him with plenty of money down the years, we're hardly broke.

Treble

I still think that Martial has to be our CF. He's very good as a left forward but he's got the potential to be world class as leading the attack.

Treble

We shouldn't just give him £150k just for the sake of it, that sets a very dangerous precedent.
Not even Ronaldo or Messi were getting that much at that age.

As long as he stays we will reward him with plenty of money down the years, we're hardly broke.
Football changed a lot since they were 20 y.o. though. Martial has to be at least on £100k.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Football changed a lot since they were 20 y.o. though. Martial has to be at least on £100k.
He doesn't have to be on £100k. Times haven't changed that much, the only players that come to mind on that much money are Sterling, Hazard & Gotze. Neymar could be included but I think he was 21 when he signed for Barca. There could be more, but that small sample shows that it's not exactly that common to be paying that much for players at that age.

Martial has expressed how much he loves playing for United, it's a dream and he wishes to be here for many more years.
Why should we have to pay him at least £100k? He's bound to a contract at our club. And we can match every other club that attempts to entice him with higher wages.

When contract renewals come up next year, then yes he's likely to get a much bigger increase in wages, but for now there's no reason and will just set a bad precedent for our wage structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.