Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I'm a bit worried at the moment that the 7 has been cursed.

Trizy

MARTIAL WINS TWITTER GOAL CUP
Anthony Martial has already scored plenty of memorable goals for Manchester United and now his effort against Stoke City has been chosen as the best Premier League strike of 2015/16 by Twitter users.

The French forward superbly finished off a flowing team move against the Potters in February and, this week, went up against seven other contenders in the Twitter Goal Cup, with each round put to a fan vote in a knockout-style tournament run by the Premier League's official account.

After seeing off competition from Tottenham's Dele Alli (v Crystal Palace) and Chelsea's Eden Hazard (v Tottenham), Martial triumphed over Christian Benteke's acrobatic volley for Liverpool at Old Trafford in the final, taking the prize with 57.6% of the vote.

It's not the first time our no.9's finishing has caught the eye, with his debut solo effort against the Merseyside outfit winning our Goal of the Season award earlier this month. Martial also follows in the footsteps of ex-Red Angel Di Maria, who claimed the Goal Cup award last season.

Watch Martial's goal against Stoke again in the video above.
Video: http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...ial-strike-v-Stoke-wins-Twitter-Goal-Cup.aspx

Dion

I can see him having a difficult second season, but that doesn't mean we should be any less excited (hell, even Messi had a difficult 07-08 season by his standards).

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I can see him having a difficult second season, but that doesn't mean we should be any less excited (hell, even Messi had a difficult 07-08 season by his standards).
What makes you say that? I think he will go from strength to strength. In a functional team he will easily sack 20 goals next year I reckon.

RedStarUnited

Can see him thriving in the counter-attacking style.
In the right counter setup, he could be lethal. Really needs to put in overtime in training to get his finishing right.

And Mourinho is just the right guy he needs right now. Someone to boost his ego to the next level. Jose will be saying he is best player in the world in no time.

Dion

What makes you say that? I think he will go from strength to strength. In a functional team he will easily sack 20 goals next year I reckon.
Higher expectations from the fans, less prominent role in the side (usually a good thing, but people will be less accepting of his mistakes if the ball was supposed to go to Ibra rather than Rashford and it's possible if we're not abject he may even be rotated), won't have a full pre-season because of the Euros and probably switch off a little bit due to complacency.

RedStarUnited

we should build the team around him. he's that brilliant.
I said it early last year and people kept banging on about him being too young etc. The kid is the business right now, we need to learn to squeeze the most out of him.

ChaddyP

I said it early last year and people kept banging on about him being too young etc. The kid is the business right now, we need to learn to squeeze the most out of him.
age has nothing to do with it for me. it's all about talent. He is so good that we should maximise his ability as much as possible. he will get us all the goals if this is done. Relieve his defensive duties get him in positions to run at defenders and he will score goals for fun.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Higher expectations from the fans, less prominent role in the side (usually a good thing, but people will be less accepting of his mistakes if the ball was supposed to go to Ibra rather than Rashford and it's possible if we're not abject he may even be rotated), won't have a full pre-season because of the Euros and probably switch off a little bit due to complacency.
Perhaps I think this guy is just ridiculously good, in fact I think he's better now than people realise and the only reason he isn't already rated higher is because he's so young and people think he has potential to be even better. Next season will be the year for Anthony Martial

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hopefully it's just a minor thing that doesn't see him even in doubt of missing the Euros, needless to say!

For next season though, no reason he won't be more of a threat, bearing in mind he often picked the ball up with next to no movement around him and he had to try and beat everyone himself

Bwuk

I hope he's fit and goes to the euros.

France have a good chance at winning it, itf be great for his confidence to be a part of that.

NinjaFletch

That's only our players, right?

Shucks, for a second there I thought we owned the top 5 fastest, clocked out of the entire Prem....that was until I saw Smalling's name on the list :lol:

(not that Smalling is a slouch either btw).
I think Martial was second behind Vardy in the league though, wasn't he? Sure I read that somewhere.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I think Martial was second behind Vardy in the league though, wasn't he? Sure I read that somewhere.
You could well be right NF. I haven't seen that list, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Vardy topping it.

Good omens for us though. Another 2-3 quick players and our team looks much pacier than the dinosaur it's resembled over recent years.

Trizy

That's only our players, right?

Shucks, for a second there I thought we owned the top 5 fastest, clocked out of the entire Prem....that was until I saw Smalling's name on the list :lol:

(not that Smalling is a slouch either btw).
Smalling's suppose to be our fastest players if interviews through the years are to be believed.

Also I'm fairly sure the top recorded speed each season is always near 37KM/H, so our players are very close to the fastest.

NinjaFletch

Panther

He needs someone else to rotate with. He played 64 games last season for club and country which was the most of any player in Europe and he's only 20. He needs to rest sometimes.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He needs someone else to rotate with. He played 64 games last season for club and country which was the most of any player in Europe and he's only 20. He needs to rest sometimes.
Memphis hopefully

Fer

Martial having a good game, mainly because he is playing as inside forward (433). Also he is surrounded by Evra, Pogba and Griezmann (instead of Fellaini, Rojo and Lingard). I hope Memphis improves so he can have a decent cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.