Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Really needs to prove himself on the left wing before I would consider using him as a striker.
He made a name for himself on the left for Monaco and has been great for us in the last few games there. Destroyed Coleman, scored a vital goal against CSKA and created all sorts of problems for City's defense last Sunday. Just because he didn't really get into the game on the left in the last 20 minutes tonight means feck all. He grew into the game as a striker in extra time and was unlucky not to score. Once again created a chance out of nothing with a brilliant turn inside the box.

Why the feck would he need to prove himself out wide in order to play up front anyway? Makes no sense.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Really needs to prove himself on the left wing before I would consider using him as a striker.
Why? If he proves himself on the wing, wouldn't you use him as a winger? You play the player in the position that he is, the strikers position isn't some prize that he has to earn through playing on the wing.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Imagine how bad we'd be to watch this season if we hadn't wrapped this deal up at the last minute. We need 2 more attackers of his ability and profile.
Yep, the thought of Martial not being in this team at the moment is a strange one considering how influential he's becoming to our attack.

mattsville

Steven Seagull said:
Imagine how bad we'd be to watch this season if we hadn't wrapped this deal up at the last minute. We need 2 more attackers of his ability and profile.

I agree. Griezmann + another one.
Singing more attacking talent to compensate for a cautious manager is not the answer, let's hope Martial gets the manager he deserves to unleash him properly.

izec

Steven Seagull said:

Singing more attacking talent to compensate for a cautious manager is not the answer, let's hope Martial gets the manager he deserves to unleash him properly.
Martial alone wont be enough.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
And yet there is a 3 point difference between their match ratings on the caf today.
You cannot be serious. I actually hate it when posters gang up on a player and trash him(like they did in the match thread against Menphis) but going by performances even today, MArtial played a lot better. Memphis was actually pretty bad(still no need for the vitriol which were being spouted in the match thread about him) and Martial looked a lot better than Memphis when he came on.

Like some have already pointed out, Anthony did beat his man couples of time, it just things after that didn't happen sometimes. He's deservedly being ranked higher than Memphis, nothing controversial there

Dion

You cannot be serious. I actually hate it when posters gang up on a player and trash him(like they did in the match thread against Menphis) but going by performances even today, MArtial played a lot better. Memphis was actually pretty bad(still no need for the vitriol which were being spouted in the match thread about him) and Martial looked a lot better than Memphis when he came on.

Like some have already pointed out, Anthony did beat his man couples of time, it just things after that didn't happen sometimes. He's deservedly being ranked higher than Memphis, nothing controversial there
By 3 points? For a player that didn't actually do anything in the game but give the ball away and run into trouble when he came on? Pull the other one.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
People have been drooling over that clip on Twitter too and I don't really get it. He ran up a blind alley and got crowded out without playing a hurtful pass or getting a shot on target. He's made much more effective and damaging runs starting off from the left wing, that's for sure.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
People have been drooling over that clip on Twitter too and I don't really get it. He ran up a blind alley and got crowded out without playing a hurtful pass or getting a shot on target. He's made much more effective and damaging runs starting off from the left wing, that's for sure.
He beat three men, only to be foiled by a brilliant block by Ayala. Can you imagine if Rooney did that? Maybe 10 years ago.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
You being a little harsh tbh, its not much to drool over. However he gets the ball into feet, holds off the defender, turns runs directly for goal, shows some good footwork not to get tackled. He didnt get his head up when he should have realised the defenders had him covered, should have just laid the ball off to Pereira there and he could have got it into the big fella.

I think the point about the clip, is showing how much potential he has, that was good defending by Boro there, however given that exact same scenario again, he could have got a shot in at goal and scored a great goal.

For me this is refreshing in his play, very different from what we usually see a striker do.

Zoo

The first touch with his back to goal and the spin is the most impressive part. Hopefully Van Gaal puts him back central.

Cassidy

The first touch with his back to goal and the spin is the most impressive part. Hopefully Van Gaal puts him back central.
The bit where he rolls the ball under his feet to alude one defender, then plays it between the two was also impressive. It was however good defending in the end from Boro (alot of cover)

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The bit where he rolls the ball under his feet to alude one defender, then plays it between the two was also impressive. It was however good defending in the end from Boro (alot of cover)
Good defending and a heavy touch from Martial. I think he's a fantastic talent and am delighted we signed him but don't get the hooplah over that specific incident. If Welbeck did something similar for Arsenal everyone would be taking the piss out of him for running with his head down and falling over when he tried to shoot.

Cassidy

Good defending and a heavy touch from Martial. I think he's a fantastic talent and am delighted we signed him but don't get the hooplah over that specific incident. If Welbeck did something similar for Arsenal everyone would be taking the piss out of him for running with his head down and falling over when he tried to shoot.
Wrongly

EDIT: BTW I don't believe the touch was heavy, looks like he intended to burst away from the defender with the touch and get the shot away, however the defender did well and also got good cover.

Like I said it wasn't anything to drool about, but it was very positive play, something we need to see more of from a United 9

mav_9me

The touch was not heavy imo. Just good defending. Also not going to really be able to beat 3 or 4 defenders inside the box unless you are Messi. He did well to beat the first 2-3 defenders. Again to dependent on him.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Best player so far again today, the ball to Rooney was just :drool:
The run by Rooney was also brilliant. Shame he wasn't decisive enough to finish it, would've been a great sequence.

Cassidy

Needs to get into the box when we have the ball on the other wing

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I like him from the wide. If we had a half decent striker he would have an assist, plus a rather unexpected Herrera miss.

Would still prefer him on the top but I suppose we have to get used to it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Was by far his worst game for us... Every time he dribbled past them, they just brought him down so he couldn't do anything. Still created the chances for Herrera and Rooney so could've had a couple of assists on another day, but was a meh performance.

No surprise though as it's impossible to do anything when the rest of the team is insistent on not going forward and creating anything. Fecking Messi and Ronaldo would struggle in the way we play, even if we had both of them.

Godfather

Good performance again I thought. Poor fecking lad though. Has to carry our whole attack. Form our right hand side with Mata and Darmian there is absolutely zero coming. Nothing. Rooney up front can't move or control a football to save his life, so it's pretty much up to a 19 year old to carry our attack.

Devil may care

He's the only real threat we have in attack right now, ridiculous given he is only 19 and in a new league.

Devil81

Pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass.....

feck it, lets just give it Martial and expect him to take on the whole team!

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
The whole onus of the attack is on this kid. He is our Robben; if he doesn't fire, we are fecked.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
This kid is so ridicilously good, carrying United's offense on his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.