Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thing is he’d miss training while recovering from illness. I wouldn’t class that as ‘resting’. Good to fair chance he doesn’t start as well on the weekend, and on the bench at best.
Still counts because while hes ill it's not like he has a muscular injury. His body is resting, no training for a few days sure but at this point of the season that shouldnt have much of an impact.

Bola

Thing is he’d miss training while recovering from illness. I wouldn’t class that as ‘resting’. Good to fair chance he doesn’t start as well on the weekend, and on the bench at best.
It's obviously not ideal to have the runs in terms of potential dyhadration and impact on energy, but it does provide a form of resting by not having the fatigue of a premier league 90mins.

If he is played up for a few days, he will probably come back in better condition (compared to 90mins) provided they 'refuel' him effectively

Andrew~

Hopefully he’s back soon cos the team looked a bit disjointed without him today.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I don't know what to do with these Itk, but I've a french friend close to Martial's entourage who's telling me that Martial will remain at United and will sign a new contract at beginning of next year; it seems that he's no longer frustrated at United and he's asking for a contract that goes along with his talent. If true, how much do yo think he deserves? personally I'd give him 300k/week if the like of Lukaku are on 200k.
We need to stop overpaying players, this needs to stop! Sir Alex & David Gill would never give a 23 years old a 300k per week.

He’s still young, can’t imagine how much the player will ask for if his wages is already 300k per week at the age of 23.

LoveFootball

We need to stop overpaying players, this needs to stop! Sir Alex & David Gill would never give a 23 years old a 300k per week.

He’s still young, can’t imagine how much the player will ask for if his wages is already 300k per week at the age of 23.
I agree with you but how much do you think he'll ask if Sanchez is on 350k when he's the better player than the later? Or when Fellaini, a nothing bench player is on 150k/w? We asked for this troubles when we allowed average players to take us to ransom.

In Rainbows

I agree with you but how much do you think he'll ask if Sanchez is on 350k when he's the better player than the later? Or when Fellaini, a nothing bench player is on 150k/w? We asked for this troubles when we allowed average players to take us to ransom.
That can be balanced if you slowly start to weed out squad players for younger players. And then don't renew the contracts of players who are not fit to play for United anymore.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
A player that Jose desperately wanted out in the summer. Are we going to give Woodward any credit for vetoing that decision?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Missed having his direct running. When this lad is on, he’s on.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
His shits probably came at the right time with the busy Crimbo schedule. A bit of rest and now hit the ground running against Bournemouth.

Aloysius's Back 3

In the centre as a deep support striker - he has the ability to take out 3 players with one move.

As a LW he consistently takes on the RB only who gets covered by the CB.

Want him to be the guy that interlinks Rashford & Lukaku/Greenwood in the future.

If Lingard can do it then I see no reason why Martial couldn't.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
A player that Jose desperately wanted out in the summer. Are we going to give Woodward any credit for vetoing that decision?
Woodward isn’t nearly as clueless as he’s made out to be.

El Zoido

Fecking hell we’d have had nothing left if we’d let Jose see out his contract. We have had a starting lineup containing Matic, McTominay, Willian, Harry Maguire.

M16Red

He loves the runs, he loves the runnnnssss, that's tony martial he loves making runs.

To the won it 3 times chant!

foolsgold

Is 23 that young for a player in his position ?

He's in his fourth season in our first team and has played 18 times for France. I get that we're over paying others, but if you're Martial and you're looking round the dressing room and seeing players delivering much less on twice the wages you are, it's going to grate.

Pay the man what he's worth. No reason he should be earning less than Pogba or Lukaku

haram

In the centre as a deep support striker - he has the ability to take out 3 players with one move.

As a LW he consistently takes on the RB only who gets covered by the CB.

Want him to be the guy that interlinks Rashford & Lukaku/Greenwood in the future.

If Lingard can do it then I see no reason why Martial couldn't.
Lingard offers a lot more off the ball.

He's in his fourth season in our first team and has played 18 times for France. I get that we're over paying others, but if you're Martial and you're looking round the dressing room and seeing players delivering much less on twice the wages you are, it's going to grate.

Pay the man what he's worth. No reason he should be earning less than Pogba or Lukaku
He should be earning less than Pogba tbh.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

1) Yes 23 is still young, it's not even close to the age of prime attackers.
2) Pogba is crucial in our midfield, yes Pogba should be earning more than Martial right now, Pogba is closed to be called world class more than Martial.
3) Well, Lukaku can go away and we don't need to overpay average players.

4th season & played 18x for France have nothing to do with getting pay anywhere near Pogba's wages or above 200k/week.

200k/week or above should be for a player with caliber of world class like Salah, Aguero, De Bruyne or even de Gea or may be Pogba. I love Martial but he's not yet to be considered worth more than 200k/week. We'll need to stop overpaying players, if we keep doing it then other young players will also ask the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.