5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentP

I expect him to sign a new contract soon now that Jose has left. Sanchez should be played in some other position from now on.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Pogba still has a long contract, but if I had to guess I wouldn‘t assume that Martial will be at Utd next season.

His form will attract many top clubs coming for him and his contract situation will mean that many clubs will hope to get him on a bargain price (lower than 80m).

Can see PSG, Real, Barca, Bayern and Juve as possible destinations
Thanks for your input.

Mcking

Yeah. Sterling was nominated last season and if experience is a disqualifying factor in the eyes of some, Sterling has played way more games than Martial has for club and country.
Sterling will be eligible for the next one too.

Emrethis

Yeah. Sterling was nominated last season and if experience is a disqualifying factor in the eyes of some, Sterling has played way more games than Martial has for club and country.
If a young player has the advantage of having more games, it is the result of his own effort and accomplishments. He should be rewarded for it and not punished. If the PFA meant for experience (i.e. games) to be a disqualifying factor, then they would have made it an explicit requirement. Ergo, more experience is still fair game.

Web of Bissaka

:devil:EPL's Deadliest Finisher, atm.
MEN said:
Premier League top scorers by minutes-per-goal ratio

Martial, 8 goals - 111 mins/goal
Aubameyang, 12 goals - 116 mins/goal

Aguero, 8 goals - 126 mins/goal

Sterling, 9 goals - 134 mins/goal
Salah, 11 goals - 135 mins/goal
Ings, 7 goals - 137 mins/goal
Kane, 11 goals - 140 mins/goal
Murray, 8 goals - 142 mins/goal

Pedro, 6 goals - 150 mins/goal

Hazard, 8 goals - 164 mins/goal
Sane, 6 goals - 164 mins/goal

Richarlison, 8 goals - 171 mins/goal
Vardy, 6 goals - 171 mins/goal

Wilson, 8 goals - 181 mins/goal
Lacazette, 6 goals - 189 mins/goal
Mane, 7 goals - 193 mins/goal
Lukaku, 6 goals - 197 mins/goal

Sigurdsson, 7 goals - 215 mins/goal
Mitrovic, 7 goals - 224 mins/goal
Anderson, 6 goals - 251 mins/goal

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ll-news/man-utd-news-anthony-martial-15591892
EDIT: Maybe they got it from this source which got it from another who knows where.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/premier-league/top-scorers

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He was exactly the same (in terms of goalscoring prowess) at the start of last season before we fecked around with him. He clearly has a rare gift in terms of how clinical he is/the goalthreat he possesses to be topping such charts for decent phases at the age of 23 in a largely dysfunctional team.

Sterling Archer

He was exactly the same (in terms of goalscoring prowess) at the start of last season before we fecked around with him. He clearly has a rare gift in terms of how clinical he is/the goalthreat he possesses to be topping such charts for decent phases at the age of 23 in a largely dysfunctional team.
Having seen him somehow overcome Mourinho's naughty corner, which pretty much was the reason he wasn't part of a World Cup winning France squad, I expect him to endure everything else and become a United great.

It's actually remarkable to think about all that he has endured at this club, starting with having the number 9 taken from him rather unceremoniously. You couldn't fault him for moving on. But really hope he stays

LoveFootball

I don't know what to do with these Itk, but I've a french friend close to Martial's entourage who's telling me that Martial will remain at United and will sign a new contract at beginning of next year; it seems that he's no longer frustrated at United and he's asking for a contract that goes along with his talent. If true, how much do yo think he deserves? personally I'd give him 300k/week if the like of Lukaku are on 200k.

InfiniteBoredom

I don't know what to do with these Itk, but I've a french friend close to Martial's entourage who's telling me that Martial will remain at United and will sign a new contract at beginning of next year; it seems that he's no longer frustrated at United and he's asking for a contract that goes along with his talent. If true, how much do yo think he deserves? personally I'd give him 300k/week if the like of Lukaku are on 200k.
150k with performance bonuses bringing it up to 250. Similar to how Sterling’s new deal is structured.

LoveFootball

150k with performance bonuses bringing it up to 250. Similar to how Sterling’s new deal is structured.
I think this is reasonable. I'd add a special bonus if he scores more than 30 goals a season. It's weird to think that Lukaku and Sanchez earn more than him; Martial is even more marketable than both.

haram

No way is he getting 300k.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Fire Sanchez and normalize the the payroll
Doesn't work like that. Once you open the door it's difficult to close it. Even if we sell Sanchez (we'd be crazy to imo), players know we can pay ridiculous wages.
I suspect this will be done in the 150k-200k ball park.
City paid Sterling 200k when he moved to City and I suspect his agent will be looking at that sort of reference.

Andersons Dietician

The more times I watch that goal the more I’m convinced Lingard never intended to lay that off for martial and was instead trying to play a pass to Rashford and Martial just nicks it on his way through.

Womp

idiot
The more times I watch that goal the more I’m convinced Lingard never intended to lay that off for martial and was instead trying to play a pass to Rashford and Martial just nicks it on his way through.
I wouldn't be so sure. It was an extremely light touch, even if he didn't intend it to be to Martial, I think he intended for someone to run into the space.

Andersons Dietician

I wouldn't be so sure. It was an extremely light touch, even if he didn't intend it to be to Martial, I think he intended for someone to run into the space.
Wasn’t that light, if anything he has over hit it and caused it to bobble certainly looks to me like he is intending that for Rashford.

criticalanalysis

Yeah when I saw it live, I was suprised it got to Martial because it looked like it was actually too 'heavy' of a pass. Usually with one-twos in tight spaces, you'd play it into the runner's feet/as close as possible within their stride so they can get a touch away.

In this case, Martial was able to poke the ball with his left foot, away from the last ditched tackle whilst still maintaining his run. Brilliant stuff.

It's nitpicking though. Maybe just aesthically it didn't look 'right' but in reality it was perfect.

Andersons Dietician

It's nitpicking though. Maybe just aesthically it didn't look 'right' but in reality it was perfect
Very true, and often those ones where it’s like a hospital or suicide pass and you just manage to nick it away are the ones that seem to always open something up and take people out of the game.

Was a beautiful goal and hopefully we see more like it as the last one I recall like that was LVG days I think against Fulham.

Plassryss

Fact: Martial is the most effective goal scorer by minutes played. We cant let him go, he and the others we demand more from are way better when we can play a game with pace.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Ah feck. Our most exciting attacker out. I'd like to see Mata given a go.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Its not that huge of a deal tbh as rotation is needed at this point so inadvertantly he gets rest before the weekend game.

InfiniteBoredom

Its not that huge of a deal tbh as rotation is needed at this point so inadvertantly he gets rest before the weekend game.
Thing is he’d miss training while recovering from illness. I wouldn’t class that as ‘resting’. Good to fair chance he doesn’t start as well on the weekend, and on the bench at best.

FujiVice

Martial would be gone in January if he pulled a sicky under Mourinho. He cant stand people ringing in sick. Or coming off injured. Or a doctor running on when a player is hurt.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Martial would be gone in January if he pulled a sicky under Mourinho. He cant stand people ringing in sick. Or coming off injured. Or a doctor running on when a player is hurt.
You'd hope he didn't "pull a sicky"

Status
Not open for further replies.