5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

edgar allan

He's so good at holding on to the ball. Should've done better with some of his positions, but he's great to bring on to hold on to a lead because it's so fecking hard to get the ball off of him and he wins so many free kicks.
Wouldn't bring him on for his tackling back at the end of game though.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
How many times did he get fouled?
3 apparently.

Players fouled:
Martial - 3 (in 23')
R. Pereira - 3
Matic - 2
Rashford - 2 (in 78')
Chilwell - 1
Ghezzal - 1 (in 28')
Herrera - 1
Lindelof - 1
Lingard - 1 (in 89')
Maddison - 1 (in 62')
Mendy - 1 (in 84')
Pogba - 1
Vardy - 1
Young - 1

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He also did really well one interception where Shaw was caught out.

Canagel

He's so good at holding on to the ball. Should've done better with some of his positions, but he's great to bring on to hold on to a lead because it's so fecking hard to get the ball off of him and he wins so many free kicks.
I'd like to see him in the middle sometimes. That's where we can benefit from his hold up play more.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It should be self directed and obvious surely
Good thing he did track back really well then and had a few interceptions? He got brought on to be a wide forward essentially and kill the game off. He did that plus tracked back when he needed to. Do you want the Mourinho-esque 2nd left back? That's not what he got brought on to do and that only pushes us further back instead of keeping Leicester further away so they can't keep sustaining pressure.

edgar allan

Good thing he did track back really well then and had a few interceptions? He got brought on to be a wide forward essentially and kill the game off. He did that plus tracked back when he needed to. Do you want the Mourinho-esque 2nd left back? That's not what he got brought on to do and that only pushes us further back instead of keeping Leicester further away so they can't keep sustaining pressure.
10 mins to go and when we were under pressure he could have shown a bit more even in the more forward positions that he was occupying imo.

Devil may care

Held the ball up well, should have done better with the chance he had though, even on his left foot.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
10 mins to go and when we were under pressure he could have shown a bit more even in the more forward positions that he was occupying imo.
Meh. He was fine IMO. They didn't push on as much as they were prior to the subs, we had a few chances ourselves because of the subs. That to me shows the subs pretty much had the desired impact, just both Lukaku and Martial could've done more on the ball with a couple of the positions/chances they had to get that 2nd.

amolbhatia50k

Any player knows when you are holding a narrow lead that you have to defend from the front.
That's a couple of sub performances where I thought he could have shown a bit more fight when he lost the ball.
He did everything you'd expect from a forward not being one of the Tevez/Rooney/Suarez mould. Helped our defensively and had one excellent interception. It's best to just reconcile with the fact that he's not that mad hounding attacker.

edgar allan

He did everything you'd expect from a forward not being one of the Tevez/Rooney/Suarez mould. Helped our defensively and had one excellent interception. It's best to just reconcile with the fact that he's not that mad hounding attacker.
Holding on to a one nil lead in the last few minutes every forward can do a short impression of a hounding attacker, its not his style for sure.

amolbhatia50k

Holding on to a one nil lead in the last few minutes every forward can do a short impression of a hounding attacker, its not his style for sure.
I didn't see any real issue with his defensive work. Let's just agree to disagree.

edgar allan

I didn't see any real issue with his defensive work. Let's just agree to disagree.
Fair enough, I just found the way he stopped dead if he felt he had been fouled annoying at times.
He has the talent but I am still unconvinced that he has the workrate to go with it sometimes.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Liked the calmness he brought when he had the ball - many of the others seemed like they couldn’t hold the ball or pick a pass between them even when Leicester’s pressing wasn’t at its most intense.

amolbhatia50k

Fair enough, I just found the way he stopped dead if he felt he had been fouled annoying at times.
He has the talent but I am still unconvinced that he has the workrate to go with it sometimes.
I don't have any concerns in this regard. Even back in the LVG days he used to put in a good defensive shift and I see the same in him today. Some footballers have that raging bull intensity off the ball but there are many ways to skip a cat. Maybe another forward wouldn't have made that key interception he managed to make.

I liked his all round display which was enough for me.

yfoFC

His lack of intensity bothered me. It was really needed and he didn't provide it.
How?

He won us lots of FKs to relieve pressure from the defence, had 2 shots with one blocked and was the only one who seemed to know how to hold on to a football when he was on the pitch.

A decent cameo in a team that had stopped playing when he came in.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
How?

He won us lots of FKs to relieve pressure from the defence, had 2 shots with one blocked and was the only one who seemed to know how to hold on to a football when he was on the pitch.

A decent cameo in a team that had stopped playing when he came in.
By running at the defense with pace, pressing with more energy and generally accelerating our game. While it was a decent cameo for the reasons that have been mentioned in this thread I would like an other dimension to his game, something that he is able to provide.

Last edited:

kiristao

I think he did well. Made a couple of inportant defensive contributions and won a few fouls to give us a breather. Also had a shot on target. Can't expect much more in 25 mins in a side that was sub par when he came on.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
By running at the defense with pace, pressing with more energy and generally accelerating our game. While it was a decent cameo for the reasons that have been mentioned in this thread I would like an other dimension to his game, something that he is able provide.
Seems like he was doing that on purpose. A few times he got the ball but refuse to run at the defense but instead opted to keep the ball and wait for everyone to come in. From the look of things it seems like he just wanted to kill the game.

But beside that I would have liked to see him make runs in our 2 occasions we broke for a counter, he could have easily been put through by Pogba and Young had he attempted to bust his lungs in those 2 instances(he actually ran for the Young pass but he was still relatively a bit behind, had he pushed a bit forward he'd have found himself in a better position with the keeper 1 on 1 to slot the ball in).

You're completely right about his lack of intensity in this game which had me wondering if he still wasn't completely 100% fit for this game. He straight out refuse to make runs either with or without the ball(he usually breaks when on the ball which he avoided this game). I think his intent was to kill the game off and slow it down. Now whether that was by instruction or just him I can't tell.

Terminator

Impressive after coming on, ball just sticks to his feet. What a player we have on our hands.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Though it's important to note that his sub was very important in the fact that it helped break Leicester play and constant pressure on us they were starting to chain. For some reasons our players couldn't hold the ball nor win second ball so Leicester just started mounting pressure in our half uninterrupted.

The introduction of Martial helped stopped that. He held the ball when punted at him and most importantly which was very crutial he drew fouls which helped break Leicester pressure and momentum. We started to manage to have the ball a bit further forward in their half and cool off Leicester a bit.

He didn't show much intent to have a go at their defense or try to score, from the look of things he was only interested in slowing down the play and keep the ball with us as much as possible.

Sylar

Thought he did ok. What I noticed is that Rashford is better at counters with him than Sanchez.

yfoFC

By running at the defense with pace, pressing with more energy and generally accelerating our game. While it was a decent cameo for the reasons that have been mentioned in this thread I would like an other dimension to his game, something that he is able to provide.
I see @Santoryo has replied with what I planned to.

He could have run at their defence but that carries the risk of losing possession which is the last thing we needed at that stage of the game.

To me it looked like good game management from him but I hope he doesn't repeat such when he starts against Fulham, he should just go all out and finally pad his stats.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Thought he did ok. Thought ole got it spot on when he said he should run in behind more. There was space for him today and he was fresh, if he had made some runs Pogba would’ve found him.

Lukaku was lazy enough, needed more intensity from Tony on the break to kill the game off.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Thats fair, but as the game was developing having someone who could hold on to the ball a bit, win some fouls and give us a breather was very welcome. The problem is that our right wing is no threat for the most part, so whenever Martial get the ball he gets double/triple marked and completely taken out of the game

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He was more conservative with his runs with the ball. Maybe because the focus was keeping it. But I think you are right. He could have opened Leicester up. They were stretched.

luke511

Great impact off the bench, he's being to play like a real winger, knowing how to take advantage of the flank by going as wide as possible unexpectedly.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Thought he was fine, don’t get criticism for today. Could have done better with his shot but that is largely down to Young for me. His pass was poor and slightly behind Martial. A yard further forward and he would have had a far better angle to shoot on his right instead of his left, and from that position on his right, there is nobody better.

ash_86

I loved his little cameo yesterday . The way he defended for the team, tracking their player right to our byline and intercepting the ball. Shows he's ready to do whatever it takes to win us the match. Whatever Ole has done with him is most certainly working.

Idxomer

He eased off the pressure on us once he came on. Shame he couldn't start the last two games as his absence had an obvious negative impact on our attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.