5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

snk123

Haven't followed this even though I believe I am one of the founding members of Martial FC? Is that his ex-wife? or his new girl friend with with whom he had a baby? or another girlfriend?

Damn it - should have never given him that #11 shirt..

Frank Grimes

Martial's not one of our best players...? :lol: :houllier:

Compare any of our attackers stats and I expect Martial to be near the top for goals scored/assists/key passes/whatever you like per 90 but apparently he's too inconsistent...

You're talking rubbish.
Under Solskjaer we have not missed him whenever he was out. We won every game I think. Most hyped player in the club's recent history.

Kostov

He's not one of our best players. He is too inconsistent to be called that yet. Completely anonymous v Psg. Of course Sanchez was made the scapegoat.
And which of our players covered themselves in glory against PSG?

He is one of our best players, if you fail to recognize that I can’t help you.

Only DDG and Pogba are clearly more important to our team than Martial, with Rashford on pair with Tony.

KennyBurner

I'd take Rashford over him any day of the week. At least you always know he is playing.
There are people who would take Ronaldo over Messi but it doesn’t change the fact Messi is the better player. It’s all about preference and it’s fine you prefer rashford to martial. Still won’t change the fact martial is the superior of the two.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Under Solskjaer we have not missed him whenever he was out. We won every game I think. Most hyped player in the club's recent history.
Just because we won the matches without him doesnt mean we don't miss him when he's out. We missed him vs Burnley for starters anyway.

Like I said, compare the stats between our attackers and you'll find Martial near the top of them. Don't know what else to say.

''Most hyped player in our recent history''.

Come on, this is an absurd statement. You're being disparaging.

I'd take Rashford over him any day of the week. At least you always know he is playing.
Okay you're maybe not the biggest fan but no need to try to turn this into Martial vs Rashford again. Get out of here with that nonsense. They can both play in the same team together.

Last edited:

Frank Grimes

Just because we won the matches without him doesnt mean we don't miss him when he's out. We missed him vs Burnley for starters anyway.

Like I said, compare the stats between our attackers and you'll find Martial near the top of them. Don't know what else to say.

''Most hyped player in our recent history''.

Come on, this is an absurd statement. You're being disparaging.

Okay you're maybe not the biggest fan but no need to try to turn this into Martial vs Rashford again. Get out of here with that nonsense. They can both play in the same team together.
I was responding to a claim that Martial is our best attacker, imo Rashford is a better player. Stop been so dramatic.

Frank Grimes

And which of our players covered themselves in glory against PSG?

He is one of our best players, if you fail to recognize that I can’t help you.

Only DDG and Pogba are clearly more important to our team than Martial, with Rashford on pair with Tony.
I thought Martial was by far our worst starting player v PSG. He was dreadful.

InfiniteBoredom

He’s just carrying Giggs’s legacy...

To be frank though, someone high up must step in and tell him to sort his private life out. Keep a mistress, bang a hooker, whatever you like, but keep it out of social media and the tabloid front page, practice some discretion.

Of course, best case scenario is he sorts himself out and be faithful to his partner, but our boy Tony seems to love spreading his seeds too much.

Kostov

I thought Martial was by far our worst starting player v PSG. He was dreadful.
He really wasn’t, Lingard was dreadful in the same time while Pogba was getting embarrassed as well. Even then they went out at half time and part of that 45 they played was with injuries as well.

Canagel

I don't even understand this nonsense of pitting our two best attackers against each other. theyre not rivals. both of them have different qualities that make them integral to our future. why can't people just enjoy what they both have to give and lay off the constant arguing when one does better than the other? one player's excellent form is used to bash the other's good form and vice versa sometimes. I don't get it.
from where i am martial seems to be targeted a lot more though.

Frank Grimes

I don't even understand this nonsense of pitting our two best attackers against each other. theyre not rivals. both of them have different qualities that make them integral to our future. why can't people just enjoy what they both have to give and lay off the constant arguing when one does better than the other? one player's excellent form is used to bash the other's good form and vice versa sometimes. I don't get it.
Read the thread, context is important.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He’s just carrying Giggs’s legacy...

To be frank though, someone high up must step in and tell him to sort his private life out. Keep a mistress, bang a hooker, whatever you like, but keep it out of social media and the tabloid front page, practice some discretion.

Of course, best case scenario is he sorts himself out and be faithful to his partner, but our boy Tony seems to love spreading his seeds too much.
Don't really think it's social media this time. The girl he cheated with ratted him out.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
I was responding to a claim that Martial is our best attacker, imo Rashford is a better player. Stop been so dramatic.
You know full well what you're doing.

You started some comments like Martial is not one of our best players. (I didn't know this was still a thing?) Called him inconsistent (What?) and stated him the ''Most hyped player in our recent history''. (Lol)

You ignore replies when asked to compare the stats of our attackers to back up your claim. Continuing to state that he was hopeless vs PSG. Conveniently ignoring that just a few days prior he was outstanding vs Fulham.

So, when you make comments that you "Would take Rashford over him any day of the week" whilst staunchly refusing to give Martial any sort of credit then I think that you are being disparaging here.

Don't be offended when people are then going to call you out on it.

Frank Grimes

You know full well what you're doing.

You started some comments like Martial is not one of our best players. (I didn't know this was still a thing?) Called him inconsistent (What?) and stated him the ''Most hyped player in our recent history''. (Lol)

You ignore replies when asked to compare the stats of our attackers to back up your claim. Continuing to state that he was hopeless vs PSG. Conveniently ignoring that just a few days prior he was outstanding vs Fulham.

So, when you make comments that you "Would take Rashford over him any day of the week" whilst staunchly refusing to give Martial any sort of credit then I think that you are being disparaging here.

Don't be offended when people are then going to call you out on it.
I would take Rashford over him any day of the week though. On current form and over the season he has played better imo (but especially under Solskjaer).

Rashford has better stats over the season too. Goal/assist every 95 minute to Martial's 105. But more importantly since Martial's purple patch around October he has only been involved in 4 goals directly. 2 of those were against Fulham, the worst defence I have seen in some time in the Premier League. It's not all about stats though as if Martial had consistency in performance I would be happy with his performance over bare stats, which can often mislead. (which is why I was reluctant to use them)

As for been offended, I'm cool mate thanks. I'm comfortable with someone holding an alternative opinion without it offending me. I will always speak the truth as I see it though.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
I would take Rashford over him any day of the week though. On current form and over the season he has played better imo (but especially under Solskjaer).

Rashford has better stats over the season too. Goal/assist every 95 minute to Martial's 105. But more importantly since Martial's purple patch around October he has only been involved in 4 goals directly. 2 of those were against Fulham, the worst defence I have seen in some time in the Premier League. It's not all about stats though as if Martial had consistency in performance I would be happy with his performance over bare stats, which can often mislead. (which is why I was reluctant to use them)

As for been offended, I'm cool mate thanks. I'm comfortable with someone holding an alternative opinion without it offending me. I will always speak the truth as I see it though.
A differing opinion is completely welcome. After all, that's why we're on this forum isn't it?

You preferring Rashford to him is your choice. They're both exciting young footballers that I'm glad are with us. They both definitely can flourish together so it's not one vs the other. We had enough of that under the previous manager so it leaves a sour taste tbh.

I think you are underrating Martial a bit when you say you wish he had more consistency in his performances. He's imo our most clinical finisher and he's shown that when he's had a consistent run of minutes, he's up there with the best in the league stat wise.

You're right focusing on just stats can be misleading. Did you know that his key passes numbers are among the best in our team? He's a bit unfortunate that we haven't scored more from his chances created recently.

An underrated side of Martial's game is his creativity. People are definitely sleeping on his link-up play. Martial creates a lot for the team.

Aloysius's Back 3

Why are people comparing Rashford to Martial?

Rashford is a striker & a good striker at that but an undeniably average winger.

Martial is unlucky to be a decent winger that's better than Rashford is there whilst still playing like a striker anyway - ie he is better at finishing & short passing than crossing/playmaking.

Comparing the 2 is like comparing Pogba vs the Kante who plays in CM under sarri.

Sauldogba

Martial is the better decision maker,better finisher and better creator but Rashford is harder to play against because he has blistering pace and thats one thing players hate playing against.
He also is harder to mark out of the game than Martial because he doesnt stop running and he has that blistering pace. And his kick and rush that he likes to do. Even though most times it doesnt amount to much it still forces the defenders to use up energy and panick chasing him.
All in all theres not much between them.
Both have had periods where they have been better than the other.
Both are good players but both can be better and have a lot to learn.

0le

Martial is the better decision maker,better finisher and better creator but Rashford is harder to play against because he has blistering pace and thats one thing players hate playing against.
He also is harder to mark out of the game than Martial because he doesnt stop running and he has that blistering pace. And his kick and rush that he likes to do. Even though most times it doesnt amount to much it still forces the defenders to use up energy and panick chasing him.
All in all theres not much between them.
Both have had periods where they have been better than the other.
Both are good players but both can be better and have a lot to learn.
Yes I think this is true. I also think when they play together they complement each other quite well.

mav_9me

Surprised to see that martial has only 2 assists this year. Is that true?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
There's literally a fecking banner at the top asking people to not discuss off the field stuff about a player in these threads and yet people continued doing that :rolleyes:

OL29

Exactly why I don't get the whole Martial FC thing, there's a large portion of our fans who have this negative obsession with him, it's pretty weird.

OldTrevil

Hope he's fit to start on Sunday. I would play him up top with Rashford and then maybe sub him off with 20 or so minutes left for a rest.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
His groin problem was a reoccurrence. Can't see us risking him. Think Lingard has a better chance.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Looks so. We have Pogba with 10, Rashford with 7, Sanchez with 4, and then several players have 3.
He's very unlucky to only have 2 assists. He is a good example of why stats don't tell the full picture and you need to look at his performances as a whole. He creates a lot for us, yet you wouldn't notice it just looking at his stats.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
What a silly comment. Martial is our current best attacker.
All of our attackers range from inconsistent to terrible though. Alexis being terrible. Rashord has actually been a lot better than Martial since Ole arrived.

In my opinion we have two world class players in Pogba and De Gea. Everyone else is well below them.

Martial has the talent to be better than any of them but still goes missing for long periods, seems to isolate himself out of some games with a lack of movement or intensity. Seems to struggle when he isn’t the focal point of attack, getting fed possession and is never going to offer nuisance factor that Rashford/Lingard offer. When he’s not at it he becomes a non-entity and we’re not a good enough to team to carry passengers.

He’s the best dribbler and finisher in the squad but needs to add more to his game.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
He's very unlucky to only have 2 assists. He is a good example of why stats don't tell the full picture and you need to look at his performances as a whole. He creates a lot for us, yet you wouldn't notice it just looking at his stats.
He's behind all of those mentioned in big chances created as well as Lingard and Mata.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
He's behind all of those mentioned in big chances created as well as Lingard and Mata.
Can you show me please? That can't be right. Last time i checked, Martial was performing near the top i believe. Certainly no chance he's behind Lingard this season.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's usually on the end of the chances rather than creating them tbf. We usually do our patterns of play down the right and then play it to Martial for the finishing touch.

youngrell

He is second behind Pogba in key passes per game, so he is contributing to attacks, just maybe not the final ball to the scorer as often as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.