5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinjch

Hope he can make it to at least be an option off the bench on Sunday. He is a great option to have against tiring legs.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Ok thanks. It depends what stats you're looking for. I prefer to look at all of them as a whole.

He's 2nd behind Pogba for Key Passes per Game. (1.5 to 1.6). Rashford & Lingard make 1 & 0.6 respectively.

Makes just as many passes per game as Lingard (28), but also completes double the amount of dribbles per game vs him (1.2 to 0.6). Making him 2nd for successful dribbles per 90 overall. (Pogba again top).

3rd for Goal/Assist avgs. He's averaging one every 116 mins. (Pogba = 101. Rashford = 101. Lingard = 212).

So, if you take all his attacking stats into account i think it's fair to say he's contributing more than enough at present.

(From these stats above, damn do we rely on Pogba atm! :p)

Here's the website i used: https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/32/Show/England-Manchester-United

Last edited:

Bwuk

People pay too much attention to stats.

We are obviously weaker without him in the side.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.

You say that but what do you say to people who think we don't miss Martial when he's not in the team?

Personally I prefer to use my eyes by watching the games myself, but when people don't realise for themselves how important he is, then I show them the stats.

Bwuk

You say that but what do you say to people who think we don't miss Martial when he's not in the team?

Personally I prefer to use my eyes by watching the games myself, but when people don't realise for themselves how important he is, then I show them the stats.
If anyone thinks that they are clueless.

Keanes Magic Hat

Huge for him to be back, our attack much more dangerous with him and rashford. Gives Pogba and midfield two dangerous counter attacking options and gives opposition defence much more to think about than sanchez or Lukaku

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

You don't say anything, some people aren't worth discussing with anything football related.
We can gets results without key players in some games for sure but on the long term ? No way we won't feel their absence.

Trizy

Exactly. Not even his goals/assists, the fact that every team tries double up on him as soon as he gets the ball creates more space in the box for other attackers.

Cloud7

Exactly. Not even his goals/assists, the fact that every team tries double up on him as soon as he gets the ball creates more space in the box for other attackers.
You only need to watch the PSG game to realize that. Their right side was very much pinned back when he was on the field, because they needed to try and stop him. As soon as he went off they had free reign with their FB getting forward now that the danger man was off the field.

tomaldinho1

You only need to watch the PSG game to realize that. Their right side was very much pinned back when he was on the field, because they needed to try and stop him. As soon as he went off they had free reign with their FB getting forward now that the danger man was off the field.
Sadly, I think some people watch football and think any decent player should be able to skin a full back 9/10 times. In reality, even the Messi's of the world likely fail many more times than they try - it's just spectacular when it happens so we remember it! Also, if a fan can't see which players are being doubled up on, they are beyond help... you only need to be able to count to 2.

TsuWave

He's usually on the end of the chances rather than creating them tbf. We usually do our patterns of play down the right and then play it to Martial for the finishing touch.
we what? majority of our attacking play is conducted through the left. we got absolutely nothing going on in the right side

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
If anyone thinks that they are clueless.
You don't say anything, some people aren't worth discussing with anything football related.
We can gets results without key players in some games for sure but on the long term ? No way we won't feel their absence.
I'll keep that in mind and just ignore them from now on.

DRM

The one thing I realised with Martial is that within the first 5 minutes of a match, I'll know if he will have a good game or a quiet one, simply from watching him control a pass, taking on a man and his general attitude when things arent going his way. I never get the feeling that he'll be able to come good as the game goes on. Anyone else have that feeling or just me?

Aloysius's Back 3

I'm okay with him being injured for this game.

Even for the first game in PSG I was thinking that Lukaku would be a better player than the likes of Rashford or Martial playingnas our main attacking threat.

Only because defenders like thiago silva & marquinhos etc are used to defending against these type of strikers regularly and Lukaku would ask them to suddenly play a different defensive game to the one required to overcome Rashford for example.

Greck

I'm okay with him being injured for this game.

Even for the first game in PSG I was thinking that Lukaku would be a better player than the likes of Rashford or Martial playingnas our main attacking threat.

Only because defenders like thiago silva & marquinhos etc are used to defending against these type of strikers regularly and Lukaku would ask them to suddenly play a different defensive game to the one required to overcome Rashford for example.
I was thinking there would be no room for Lukaku's loose touches because of the threat of Mbappe countering. Mbappe scored from Pogba getting dispossessed so it can happen to anyone I guess

Andersons Dietician

Anyone seen the clip of the guys flipping pancakes. martial vs Grant vs McTominay as you would expect there was only one winner, flipping pancakes at a ridiculous pace compared to the other two. That ice setting in his veins must have kicked in as he went full deadeye, the control of the pancake and how tight he kept it to the pan.

Haddock

I guess I'm slightly nuts but - it just seems to me that he's in danger of stagnating. I said a while back that I felt he wouldn't get much better than he is. And I doubt he has really improved a great deal on his debut season. Considering the player he was, carried our teams at time and was top scorer I don't think it's a bad level at all. I just don't think he will ever kick it up a notch and enter the Bale/Reus/Robben territory of being a wide player with 20 goals a year.

I look at Tyrannosaurus Sterling and see an ungainly forward with nowhere near Martial's natural ability. He had two natural attributes - pace and control and he's been coached into an excellent 20 goal a season forward who makes up for his atrocious finishing by scoring lots of easy tap ins courtesy of his movement. Martial is such a smooth player to watch, his balance and dribbling will make him useful long after his pace goes and he's a natural finisher yet there's something so frustrating about him. Also seems to have picked up an annoying knack of picking up niggles after every good cluster of games.

Would absolutely love to see this guy become an elite level forward.

Skills

Snitch
I guess I'm slightly nuts but - it just seems to me that he's in danger of stagnating. I said a while back that I felt he wouldn't get much better than he is. And I doubt he has really improved a great deal on his debut season. Considering the player he was, carried our teams at time and was top scorer I don't think it's a bad level at all. I just don't think he will ever kick it up a notch and enter the Bale/Reus/Robben territory of being a wide player with 20 goals a year.

I look at Tyrannosaurus Sterling and see an ungainly forward with nowhere near Martial's natural ability. He had two natural attributes - pace and control and he's been coached into an excellent 20 goal a season forward who makes up for his atrocious finishing by scoring lots of easy tap ins courtesy of his movement. Martial is such a smooth player to watch, his balance and dribbling will make him useful long after his pace goes and he's a natural finisher yet there's something so frustrating about him. Also seems to have picked up an annoying knack of picking up niggles after every good cluster of games.

He'll be fine, the reason he hasn't kicked on is because because he hasn't had the gametime over the last couple of years. 2 years of his development were wasted under Mourinho. Hopefully he'll under Ole he'll fulfil his potential.

Janson

I was thinking there would be no room for Lukaku's loose touches because of the threat of Mbappe countering. Mbappe scored from Pogba getting dispossessed so it can happen to anyone I guess
Martial gets dispossessed more than anyone on the team though. At least that was the stat before.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Martial gets dispossessed more than anyone on the team though. At least that was the stat before.
Tries the most dribbles/takeons? We don't really have other players who we use to isolate one on one with a fullback and expect them to take them on, on a regular basis.

Mr PG

Martial is our best left wide player but he’s one of the few players not to improve under Ole maybe he’s just going through a spell. He negatively impacts Shaw’s game as he always comes short for the pass instead of stretching defenders but he can improve on that too Who knew he could learn to go left wide of defender instead of always cutting in. Yes he loses the ball a lot but he’s a wide player with absolutely filthy finish.... that’s why he will always be a starter.

Trizy

What am I reading? He's already one of the best LWs in the world.

He will score 20+ goals next season when he's not confided to defensive tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.